Film The General Film Thread

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
But if he is the one we are first person from he isnt really in it

Sharlto Copley is the main character from District 9, and isn't playing the guy whos eyes your seeing the movie from.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I watched The Butler tonight, with Forrest Whittaker. A very good film, Oprah Winfrey is in it too and she's excellent.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Have finally seen The Martian, Legend, Jurassic World.... you can tell I've been on a plane.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Just watched the Good Dinosaur, graphically superb with a great mix between cartoony and reality.
Jesus fuk I cried, omg typical tear jerker at some time in the film possibly.
Loved it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Just watched the Good Dinosaur, graphically superb with a great mix between cartoony and reality.
Jesus fuk I cried, omg typical tear jerker at some time in the film possibly.
Loved it.

For a Pixar movie I thought it was shite.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
For a Pixar movie I thought it was shite.

Even Pixar knew that as they fired the original director a few years ago, it was initially meant as a 2014 release, and tried to repair what they could since then.

Job

Shite!, it was as good as any, considering they were all new characters.
Home was a shite anim.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Even Pixar knew that as they fired the original director a few years ago, it was initially meant as a 2014 release, and tried to repair what they could since then.
Inside Out was the only decent Pixar movie in recent years.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Definitely the best since Up and WALL-E.
And Toy Story 3!!!

Shit since TS3 except Inside Out.

Also noticed on Wikipedia that they only have 1 non-sequel in the pipeline.

And one of them is Cars 3 :eek6:

Job

Secret life of dogs is looking good.

Zarjazz

Also noticed on Wikipedia that they only have 1 non-sequel in the pipeline.

And one of them is Cars 3 :eek6:

I'm sure I read somewhere that while Cars isn't particularly well rated with the critics and was pretty weak compared to other Pixar films at the Box Office, the sales of Cars toys and merchandise is more profitable than the *combined total* from every other film Pixar has ever made. The only series to have made more is the Star Wars franchise.

That's why there was Cars 2 and now Cars 3.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm sure I read somewhere that while Cars isn't particularly well rated with the critics and was pretty weak compared to other Pixar films at the Box Office, the sales of Cars toys and merchandise is more profitable than the *combined total* from every other film Pixar has ever made. The only series to have made more is the Star Wars franchise.

Yep. You're right. It's still everywhere, despite Cars 2 being abysmal.

Bloody kids :/

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Oh, and pretty sure Frozen will have overtaken it now on merchandise but point still stands.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Just watched The Sapphires. Quite pleasant but thought Chris O'Dowd was very good.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Finally seen the Entourage movie - basically an extended episode, but still hilarious, Ari on good form as ever.

Also saw The Martian (brilliant) and The Man from UNCLE (better than expected and very slick).

Yes I've been on a plane too.

Zarjazz

I ain't going near that.

From the premise I can understand why but it's not the film you think it'll be at all. Brie Larson deserved the Oscar and the film probably deserved Best Picture too. I thought Spotlight was completely average.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Nah, it's not even close. Cars is so far ahead it's unreal.

Pixar boss reveals Cars movie merchandise made $10bn

And that was back in 2011.
I can't find any updated figures but comparisons between Cars and Frozen in mid-2014 had Cars at about $12bn and Frozen at about $6bn. However Frozen was fucking massive for toys in Xmas 2014 and still huge in 2015. I'd be surprised if it wasn't at least close.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I watched Room last night, thought it was a bit shit really. Good acting and all but meh.

Job

I can't find any updated figures but comparisons between Cars and Frozen in mid-2014 had Cars at about $12bn and Frozen at about $6bn. However Frozen was fucking massive for toys in Xmas 2014 and still huge in 2015. I'd be surprised if it wasn't at least close.
"It's pretty staggering. It's not why we make the movie but it is pretty exciting that around the world Cars merchandise sold over $10bn dollars worth."
Yeah...right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom