Film The General Film Thread

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Finally saw American Sniper. Not sure what the fuss was all about, it was an average movie.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Going to see the martian on sunday. Will report back.

I saw it last night. A few minor flaws with the science but overall a hell of a lot of fun. I really enjoyed it, and I loved Mark Watney, such a funny guy.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Watching child 44 @Gwadien you might like it for the post ww2 russia context. I am liking the film. Ridley scott too iirc

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
And? Opinion? Cant believe it tanked as a release. But i guess americans dont like russian shit much
If it's true that he's the guy who did the famous photo, then it's probably the best film I've seen in a long time, I liked it, yeah, and I love Tom Hardy, so yeah.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
If it's true that he's the guy who did the famous photo, then it's probably the best film I've seen in a long time, I liked it, yeah, and I love Tom Hardy, so yeah.

No it isn't true.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Its a story but set in the russian post ww2. So from what i know the film portrays that as well as you can expect.

Seen mississippi burning? Thats a great film too. On Southern america racist history.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Everest is very good, watched it on a crappy vue screen in 2d because the wife was in charge,; gripping, mainly because I read the book when it came out.
The standard of projection was terrible, focus not uniform over the screen, looked like a frickin vhs copy, juddering in panning shots, awful dynamic range, giving a weird over contrast on random shots.
Going to see it again on imax...I suspect the 2d was some sort of butchered 3d copy...dreadful...all that for 18 quid...no thanks.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Everest is very good, watched it on a crappy vue screen in 2d because the wife was in charge,; gripping, mainly because I read the book when it came out.
The standard of projection was terrible, focus not uniform over the screen, looked like a frickin vhs copy, juddering in panning shots, awful dynamic range, giving a weird over contrast on random shots.
Going to see it again on imax...I suspect the 2d was some sort of butchered 3d copy...dreadful...all that for 18 quid...no thanks.
Its about a guy who climbs the mountain for the fifth time and dies. Bit deal.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Spoiler tags. Cunt.

edit: I mean, how many fucking cunting times does it have to be said on this forum?

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Thought it was well known. Its based on true story after all

It is, a pretty famous one too even if you know not a lot about climbing. Even if you knew nothing you could pretty much guess the plot before you walked into the cinema. I wonder if anyone who watched The Perfect Storm thought they'd sail about, catch some fish, come home happily ever after ...

But still, spoilers dude. Assume people are ignorant idiots ;)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I don't read shit books.

When it's on TV in 3 years time and I watch it because there is nothing on, I will remember this thread and the film will be ruined :eek:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Assuming people know *nothing* of a film has to be the safe bet? The poster says based on a true story but I've long since given up religiously reading Empire (they kept on giving the plot away long before it became a syncophantic shitrag) - and I don't follow entertainment news so I was considering going simply because it looked interesting. Who cares which of the many true stories it's allegedly based on? Giving the plot up, especially after how many times spoiler tags have been discussed around here, is more than just poor fucking form :eek:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It is, a pretty famous one too even if you know not a lot about climbing. Even if you knew nothing you could pretty much guess the plot before you walked into the cinema. I wonder if anyone who watched The Perfect Storm thought they'd sail about, catch some fish, come home happily ever after ...

But still, spoilers dude. Assume people are ignorant idiots ;)

I wouldn't have had a clue tbh. So many people fall off that bloody mountain that a film called "Everest" doesn't really tell me anything other than ice/likelihood of someone dying/drama. I saw the trailer and assumed someone dies, but now Moriath has basically told me who. So yeah, spoilers.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Hey, I love people who get things synced correctly, there's no need for that language.
Maybe it's because I didn't get to bed until 6 and then got up at 7:30 but I can't tell whether you're being serious or funny or sarcastic and even then I can't discern the meaning.

I really need to go to bed earlier sometimes :(

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I saw the "theory of everything last night".

Great acting, dull film.

Job

Hardly the main story, epic event really well portrayed, the worst disaster on Everest up to that point, coupled with miraculous survival

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Well at least now I don't have to watch the film. It's all been explained in great detail.

Thanks!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Hardly the main story, epic event really well portrayed, the worst disaster on Everest up to that point, coupled with miraculous survival
Guess you didnt take from my beating. And just ploughed on. Lol

Job

That's hardly a spoiler, you seem to be having trouble with this notion

Job

And also the film is not about this, that is a minor part of the story.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The mountain turns out to be a molehill.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
If you want a good, cheesy laugh the you can't do much worse than Cooties. Frodo is particulary good in it.

soze

I am a FH squatter
The mountain turns out to be a molehill.
They all died before they got to the mountain and they are just stuck in Limbo the whole time. Or is that something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom