Film The General Film Thread

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Yeah it feels like the "world building" is shoved in your face at the beginning with little explanation then it just moves on with the movie

A series to explore the themes in show would be nice

How do orc clans work for example?

Why are all elves rich?

Who/what happened? How does that one cop knpw what his family was up to 2000 years ago?

I almost think that Bright is just the big name (Smith) intro to that world. Anyway, I'd watch a sequel., I enjoyed it a lot. It's very reminiscent of Shadowrun, which is no bad thing.

It's also interesting if you pause it to read all the grafiti.

georgie

FH is my second home
Went and saw Molly's Game tonight. Bearing in mind that I love Idris Elba, Jessica Chastain and Aaron Sorkin I really liked it. Well worth it imo.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Just watched spiderman homecoming. What a piece of crap that was. Cgi was good. But spiderman as a hormonal teen. Just ick.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Just watched spiderman homecoming. What a piece of crap that was. Cgi was good. But spiderman as a hormonal teen. Just ick.

You've clearly never read much Spider-Man. Peter as a teen in Ultimate Spider-Man was the best take on the character there's ever been.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Nope never read spiderman. And i liked the previous incarnation. But this one. Not so much.

But thanks for the obvious insight

Was Aunt May a bit of a babe in spiderman? A
Ways seen her as an older figure myself.

DaGaffer

Nope never read spiderman. And i liked the previous incarnation. But this one. Not so much.

But thanks for the obvious insight

Was Aunt May a bit of a babe in spiderman? A
Ways seen her as an older figure myself.

I much preferred this one. Andrew Garfield was too old, too cocky out of the suit. Toby Maguire was alright in I and II but it went to shit in III. I also like that its in the MCU, and now Disney is buying Fox I look forward to Spider-Man teaming up with the Fantastic Four .
What-If-1-cover.jpg

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I much preferred this one. Andrew Garfield was too old, too cocky out of the suit. Toby Maguire was alright in I and II but it went to shit in III. I also like that its in the MCU, and now Disney is buying Fox I look forward to Spider-Man teaming up with the Fantastic Four .
View attachment 38104
You didnt answer the aunt may question tho. Toby i liked :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Andrew Garfield is shit at every role he plays, not just Spiderman.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I don't remember any hot latina Aunt Mays in the comics. She was middle-aged soccer mom in Ultimate Spider-Man.
In the comics I read as a kid she was a grey-haired old lady. If that floats your boat then great.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Watched Made in Dagenham.
Typical feelgood..artistic interpretation of a big story, kind if brought it into context...they were fighting for womens pay in the 60s

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Yesterday, I saw Jumanji: Welcome to The Jungle... Didn't think I'd like it, but I did, a lot!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

In the comics he is actually a hormonal teen :p it was all of the spiderman movies before homecoming that got it wrong.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Pulgasari is now free for Prime members on Amazon Instant Video.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pulgasari-Chang-Son-Hui/dp/B075FDDG3H/

If you didn't know, the director was a famous South Korean film director, who was kidnapped by the North, on the instruction of Kim Jong-Il (because he was so ronery?), and forced to make propaganda films.

This is his take on a Godzilla flick.

Not making this up.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Finally watched Thor - Ragnarok

Loved it, one of the top 3 Marvel films, and i'm in love with Tessa Thompson. also her English accent was one of the best i've heard

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Loved it, one of the top 3 Marvel films, and i'm in love with Tessa Thompson. also her English accent was one of the best i've heard
I assume she is american or something.

Should be up in arms a forgeiner paying an english person. Should have english actors in work for that.

DaGaffer

I genuinely thought she was English

fettoken

I am a FH squatter

It is right! Somehow the Thor franchise has struck the right chord with space-viking beings. Far superior to Avengers imho.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It is right! Somehow the Thor franchise has struck the right chord with space-viking beings. Far superior to Avengers imho.
I thought Kenneth Brannagh did a great job with the first one tbh. Properly set the scene.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Finally got around to watching Blade Runner 2049, liked it a lot, especially how they leave some of the mystery of the first movie still open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom