The future of EU DAoC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Personally I feel we're focusing on lag issues here but I feel we really should be focusing on the game play issues that NF will bring. I really have an open mind as to whether NF will be good for us or not.
I feel some of my toons ...like my Merc ( first toon I ever made which was 2 and a half years ago ) will be fairly redundant if RvR is gonna revolve round seige warfare.
On the other hand ...my Matter Cab might well benifit greatly. (That was the second toon I rolled ).
Having read a lot on VN boards ( yes I know they are NOT a reliable source but none the less) I find a lot of guys on US accounts are seriously disenchanted with NF.
A lot of this seems to revolve around Animists which I'm lead to believe Mythic are trying to resolve.
But like it or not, RvR is going to change tremendously with the introduction of NF and it may be that Mythic is trying to get back to its roots?
When I started with this game most RvR seemed to involve keep takes. Then gank groups started to appear and RvR seemed to take a different direction. Lot of casual players couldnt compete with that form of RvR.
I dont know guys...NF could be good or it could be bad. Think I'll give it a go then decide.

Garnet

Fledgling Freddie
I had problems when I last used the newest set of drivers for my previous graphics cards including a GeForce 4 Ti 4200, thats why I stuck with the drivers that came with the card as they never had faults. Though I will have a look for the newest drivers soon.
I have the most up to date direct X version.
Checked for viruses and found none.

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
p4 2.6 1gb ddr dual channel and radeon 9200SE no problemo

Can even rvr with 2 chars dual loged w/o losing stick on spd6

1. reinstall the os more often.
2. dont install the crapload of useless shit that eats ram and cpu usage.
3. use up to date drivers.
4. get familiar with any kind of windows settings/register options.
5. virus scan hdd regulary.
etc

About NF, tryed it abit with a friends acc its uber.
NF its realy a rps paradise if u'r good.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
A while back someone dubed me Obnoxious wanker. I'd like to pass this grand title to Sigurd as it fits him better atm! :D

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
LOL and more LOL! So it's not Mythic's fault that they change the game to the extent that it's almost unplayable by those who would play it with no lag before? The problem here is you're all in denial, you desperately want NF to save your precious little game, and so you're blind to the truth.

Uhm well sec *giggles so much she cant type* I think its Soooo time for your medication. From here it looks like your one step away from the kind of nice and calm interviews they had during the Spanish Inquisition.

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Try turning Fast Writes off on the radeon Garnet.
Did it yesterday on mine and it hasnt crashed since (touch wood).

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
i hope everyone (that dislikes NF) rerolls on pvp, as is happening on US :)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
you desperately want NF to save your precious little game, and so you're blind to the truth.

...or: You´re so obsessed and focused on *your* precious little game that every change automatically means the end in your stubborn, inflexible mind, because you consider a MMORPG a static game like chess which is just isn´t.

It´s pretty simple really. If DAoC-NF doesn´t seem to be worth playing to you, just stop it. There are other games out there.. there´s WoW, there´s EQ2 etc.etc. It´s your decision! Play or leave. Whatever you do, you won´t stop DAoC from changing and you won´t stop NF from coming to EU servers. And no matter how much you write, whine, mourn or complain, no, it will not kill DAoC. You know why? Because there are people out there who´re able to adopt and cope with new stuff. Because there are people out there, who´re not latching onto their precious DAoC like Gollum is latching onto the ring.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Dimse Dut said:
Uhm well sec *giggles so much she cant type* I think its Soooo time for your medication. From here it looks like your one step away from the kind of nice and calm interviews they had during the Spanish Inquisition.
I think that somewhere there is a nice white jacket with long sleeves and a nice room with soft walls beeing prepared for Sigurd. :D :cheers: :D

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
enkor said:
i hope everyone (that dislikes NF) rerolls on pvp, as is happening on US :)

lol yeah 'cos PvP's so popular they had to shut one of the servers down...

Aithe

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
lol yeah 'cos PvP's so popular they had to shut one of the servers down...

To be honest, mordred is in the top 5 of most populated servers now.

Sigurd

Banned
Zebolt said:
I wonder who is in denial here.. You complain on mything for making the graphic better? LOL! Maybe you should go back to NES or something if you don't like new graphics cuz' allmost all game companies boost their game engines in new games/patches wether you like it or not. Try to be greatful for the evolution instead of whining all the time ^^

And no I can't say I look forward to NF and I don't dislike it either, so don't just say alot of things you have no idea about, it only makes you look bad..

I didn't start this thread as a whine. I created it to warn that all was not rosy and merry in the New Frontiers court. I gave an accurate portrayal of my experience, and the experience of others I know (out of my entire alliance of 150+ players, I know of ONE person who really enjoys New Frontiers... that person is a ranger, running the game on the best hardware money can buy, with a buffbot) so it is not mindlessly biased. Why would I write something so biased? What would be the purpose? If I just wanted to whine I'd do it on VNboards, my guild forums, wherever. I'm just informing the Euro players, my ex realmmates, how New Frontiers is percieved where it's being played. People like crypt etc. are playing on lower population servers - mine regularly hits 2800, with up to 700 hibs online on occasion.

The thing is - you say the game evolves - great! BUT the problem here is ALL THE FRONTIERS ARE NOW A SINGLE ZONE and even though they've been shrunk, that makes one hell of a laggy playing area. If it was graphics that were causing my machine to lag - surely I would experience huge lag in Battlegrounds, which uses some of the same keep skins - and can experience over 150 players in some of the BG areas on my server? No, the problem is Mythic are being over ambitious yet again, they need the hardware to back up these ambitions - and this they do not have.

Flame me as much as you want, but most of you haven't even played NF - I'm speaking from experience. You're not, so :kissit:

starr

Fledgling Freddie
You do of course realise that the current emain is in a zone that also includes the entire realm of hibernia don't you sigurd?

Nah didn't think so. It doesn't sound to me like Mythic have a hardware problem, more that you do.

As far as your doomsaying goes, I'm sure whenever a new flavour of Monster Munch comes out, some ppl love it and some hate it, it's not often that the haters stand on a soapbox and shout "don't eat the vanilla and salmon flavour it su><0rs!!111".

When it comes out I'll play and make my own judgement, which as a rational adult, I'm quite capable of making, you however seem to have few qualifications for your self appointed job of games journalist.

I'm with Roo on this one - Sounds like you've already left Euro servers, so that's one less.

Kthxbye

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
Flame me as much as you want, but most of you haven't even played NF - I'm speaking from experience. You're not, so :kissit:

Rofl Yes that should convince us all that you are right and we are wrong. Now be a good boy and pull up your pants?

Btw I have 3 US accounts so........nenenenenenenner? LOL

fenrisan

One of Freddy's beloved
Sigurd, taking all the criticisms onboard regarding NF does it make you want to quit the game or continue with it?

I'm not trying to antagonise you at all, just curious to see if an "unplayable" environment is reason enough for you to stop playing, or do you see light at the end of the tunnel?

Sigurd

Banned
starr said:
You do of course realise that the current emain is in a zone that also includes the entire realm of hibernia don't you sigurd?

Nah didn't think so. It doesn't sound to me like Mythic have a hardware problem, more that you do.

As far as your doomsaying goes, I'm sure whenever a new flavour of Monster Munch comes out, some ppl love it and some hate it, it's not often that the haters stand on a soapbox and shout "don't eat the vanilla and salmon flavour it su><0rs!!111".

When it comes out I'll play and make my own judgement, which as a rational adult, I'm quite capable of making, you however seem to have few qualifications for your self appointed job of games journalist.

I'm with Roo on this one - Sounds like you've already left Euro servers, so that's one less.

Kthxbye

GFYS. Are you really that fucking stupid? Emain is the whole realm of hibernia... congratulations! But I think you'll find that, a concentrated zone of RvR (by far the laggiest part of DAoC) is actually going to be a lot laggier (!) than a larger zone that includes PvE and RvR. If you don't like what I have to say... here's a great idea... don't fucking read it. Just don't whine when you realize how bad NF is for the game. And Dimse... I don't think you've actually read anything I've written except for the last line... come back when you have eh?

fenrisan said:
Sigurd, taking all the criticisms onboard regarding NF does it make you want to quit the game or continue with it?

I'm not trying to antagonise you at all, just curious to see if an "unplayable" environment is reason enough for you to stop playing, or do you see light at the end of the tunnel?

I personally will continue playing this game until it is no longer fun/I don't have the time for it. At the moment the battlegrounds are still occasionally fun, but I doubt I'll continue playing at all if the lag isn't fixed (yes Mythic CAN do something about it if they can be tossed, they've already improved it... just puzzles the fuck out of me why they released, after extensive beta testing, an expansion with issues they had the capabilities to fix easily) but if I do carry on it won't be with my blademaster.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
I liek bought this new computergame that my pal said roxxed.. my p3-1GHz cant roxor it.. so im suing the gamecompany tbh.. pretty sure ill win a car.

:m00:

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Garnet said:
My computer cant handle TOA unless its upgraded :(

ATM 2.0 Ghz Athlon Processor, 768 MB Ram and a Radeon 9600 128 MB Graphics card. Loading time from zones = about 2 minutes, occasional fps lag in rvr and toa (red triangle thing) and computer crashes very often with only 1 toa client running... Cant even use mirc while playing daoc now :/

Never buying a shitty Radeon graphics card ever again.

are u using 2k or xp?

sigurd: u say that mystic are sh*t programmers coz the avage(sp?) pc-gamer cant handle it, may ask u do u think, that the people behind games like doom3, half-life2, UT-2004 etc. are bad programmers coz they make some awsome games.
and yes u comp sucks, gforce3 is way slower then gforce4, 1.4 gHz (lol) thats min SI and u expect it to run w/o lag.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Don't you just love it when people can't try to see others opinions without getting aggressive, and dig them self even deeper into the poo they're spitting out?
For crying out loud Sigurd, put down this childish "I'm right, you're wrong, ner ner ner ner nernerner! :p " crusade and let us judge for ourselfs when NF hits Europe. I personally, and from reading here I think many with me, DON'T give a toss about what you or your 150+ alliance think of NF. I (we) want to get my (our) own perspective on it thank you very much.

And please stop calling me and others ignorant etc. just proves you're the ignorant one here who can't take any critisism or other peoples views into considiration...

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Oooh Lag Lag we know. Everytime more than 3 enemies approached the Mid Strength relic keep the Zone crashed. It came to the point where the hibs started to pity us albs and gave us the strength Relics LOL.

You state you will continue to play the game til you find it isnt fun anymore, which would mean that you still find it fun.
Pardon me a sec. :twak: :twak: :twak: WHY THE HELL ARE YOU THEN POSTING THE THE GAME IS DOOMED??!?!?.

But I would like to thank you for showing me that the EU server is populated with sane, friendly, levelheaded people who have with various degrees of linguistic skill told you to bugger off and leave us to make our own choice.
The only thing we now need for everything to be perfect is for you to LISTEN TO WHAT WE ARE SAYING.

Big Huggles to my fellow Eu players =D

Dimse Dut
Guildmaster of Uranicus Phalanx

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Teh FnoRd said:
I personally, and from reading here I think many with me, DON'T give a toss about what you or your 150+ alliance think of NF. I (we) want to get my (our) own perspective on it thank you very much.

I agree with this. We'll get it ourselves and decide for ourselves. There will be some that will love NF and those that will hate NF which is exactly as you would expect :)

Time to start the warm-up excercises for NF methinks.

Muhahahahaha(TM)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Oddly enough, the NF section of vnboards (aka the Mother of all whine!) features the impressive ammount of exactly ONE NF-lag thread. And when you read the thread, you´ll read contradicting opinions from "yeah, lag is annoying" to "I don´t have any problems at all".
Decent hardware (no, GF3 is not considered decent anymore, neither are 512 MB RAM) and a decent connection is a must.
Oh.. and the stereotype "Mythic has crappy programmers": This statement usually comes from people who have never coded a single line in their entire life and who don´t even know what language the game in question is written in. Considering the ammount of units on the screen in DAOC, I think their network code is pretty good. Ever tried to move through a Bazar in Everquest? That´s what I call "lag". :)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
The Game was doomed with SI,
Foundations was going to destroy the game,
TOA Broke PvE,
Frontiers will break the game,
Catacombs will cause everyone to /quit,
The freebie expansion after that will break the game
the next pay expansion will change everything and make people /quit
the next freebie expansion will...

...well you get the point. People are always going on about how every minor little change will break the game. But I think we all know whats Really broken the game...

/hood!

Don't you see? If newbies can get non-hooded cloaks for 50c then thats 50c more than we had. With that 50c they can buy a house quicker than us and sell their ph4t l3wt quicker, soon the market will be flooded with cheap l3wt from newbies who have no idea on the proper manners in which to extort 'proper' players!! Pretty soon there will be lists for Artifact camping and Draco will be ordering vasoline in mass quantaties!!!

ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!! ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...and no, i'm not being sarcastic. /hood is a serious issue... really...

Sigurd

Banned
Some of you are really fucking stupid. Guess what.... you don't HAVE to read this thread if you don't want to! Make your own opinion up etc., I'm not really bothered... but when you flame the "review" of this expansion that I spent time to write to give you an idea of what NF is like - then yes, I am bothered. This isn't about my computer (I know crypt is a bit slow to grasp that one) and this isn't just about the lag. This is about Mythic's tendancy to attempt ideas that are either not feasible in the game world they have designed, out of character with the rest of the game, or feel half finished. This includes the lag but also the other wonderful delights (did you know one player can now wipe out a group or ten thanks to boiling oil? Means tanks can't attack the door of an undefended keep unless in a covered ram! So tanks are now useful for... hmm...) and these things are FACTS. Of course I'm going to venture my own opinion on these facts, why wouldn't I? I'm not a fucking machine, I have a view either way. But the facts are still there. Make up your own mind or whatever, I didn't write the thread to say "QUIT NOW! You'll hate NF for sure!" I wrote it to warn people that once again, Mythic have let down their playerbase, and to not be to excited by the supposed saviour of RvR.

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Yeh must suck after over 2 years of tank-dominated RvR its no longer the case ;)

Cut to the chase Siggy, you quitting?

Sigurd

Banned
2 years of tank dominated RvR? How so? Tanks have always been meatshields, only after SCing came out were they slightly less so. Nah I doubt I'll quit, but I might come back to the EU servers and play my skald - they're the best tanks in NF. Won't you all be glad to have me back :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom