Games The FM Wolves 2011/2012 challenge!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
30 games played, sat in 10th but serious injury worries, be lucky to finish any higher than 13th with the players available and the fixtures remaining.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Well I fucking did it! :D Finished 11th. £16 million in prize money for the finish, lovely lovely!

It gets better, the board are spending £1.4 million to extend the stadium to 40,000 which should give the wage budget a nice boost a year down the line.

Right at the begining I sat looking at the numbers and the staff, probably for two hours before I even hit continue. Looks like it paid off. :D

table.png

Attachments

• fm1.png
    fm1.png
    510.6 KB · Views: 10
  • fm2.png
    fm2.png
    487.5 KB · Views: 9
  • fm3.png
    fm3.png
    344.2 KB · Views: 10

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Looking forward to offloading some of the shit who never play and have contracts expiring.

Just got offered the Team GB (England-U23) again! :D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Get the new one out ffs :eek: Got a hankering for a new longterm game

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
LOL! Ok this game is fucked. After finishing 11th the board now expect a title challenge as MINIMUM for next season. Wazz, have a word for fucksake! :p

£18 million profit on £52 million revenue and the cunts will only give me £7 million for transfers.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
LOL! Ok this game is fucked. After finishing 11th the board now expect a title challenge as MINIMUM for next season. Wazz, have a word for fucksake! :p

£18 million profit on £52 million revenue and the cunts will only give me £7 million for transfers.

Wut lul? :D

I guess your chairman is a bit of a cuntychops. Haha.

Everz

FH is my second home
Get the new one out gdamnit!

Long term game is needed. :(

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
We were going to announce late August, but this has been delayed until mid-September due to unforunate circumstances beyond our control. Nevertheless, I hope some of you will be pleased with what does get announced!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Of course but the moment we stop hoping is the moment we stop making games :D

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
OMFG, GAME OF THE SEASON.

I'm sat here shouting at the screen as the game goes on lol..

chelsea, top of the league, unbeaten in 7 and not conceded in 4, against Wolves who've scraped results in their last few games and are hanging on in 4th....

Jarvis took Cole to the cleaners, Bassong is a GOD at last minute tackles, there were shots pinging off the woodwork....awesome stuff :)
2012-08-23_00001.jpg

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Just made the Olympic final with Team GB, gonna be facing Brazil! :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Wazz, you should pass a suggestion on to the code boys. Player potential is a fixed stat right? They should throw in a random mutation chance that gives young players a chance to make a radical improvement, it happens in real life, a good workmanlike player goes to a club with a great coach and within a year he looks like a different player, better than anyone ever expected. David Platt would be the prime example.

Took a young keeper from Chelsea on loan, Delac. He was only brought in as backup but has displaced my first choice keeper after just a couple of games.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The announcement date is when they announce the game and say when they are going to release it. The release date is when they release it.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Player potential is a fixed stat right? They should throw in a random mutation chance that gives young players a chance to make a radical improvement, it happens in real life, a good workmanlike player goes to a club with a great coach and within a year he looks like a different player, better than anyone ever expected. David Platt would be the prime example.

Oh dear lulz. :( PAs are not always set, almost all young players have a variable that defines a range of PAs. Older players or those with lots of experience or other circumstances will have set PAs.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Oh dear lulz. :( PAs are not always set, almost all young players have a variable that defines a range of PAs. Older players or those with lots of experience or other circumstances will have set PAs.

But once that number is set it never changes right? Even if United buy him at 17 and expose him to the best coaches, fitness, playing with the best players and experiencing first team football?

All that would improve any player beyond what their initial potential was. This keeper for example, getting regular Bundasliga experience at 19 and being trained by two top goalkeeping coaches. Sadly though when I do a coaches report on the player it basically says he will never be better than 3.5 stars even though he is tearing up trees in the first team and has displaced a 35 year old keeper who shows as having same amount of potential stars.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
The PA is based on what the player could ever maximally achieve, so it doesn't need to go up. It can go down, and obviously most PAs are never fully reached.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The PA is based on what the player could ever maximally achieve, so it doesn't need to go up. It can go down, and obviously most PAs are never fully reached.

That makes no sense, if it can go down then there should be a possibility no matter how small that it can go up.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
No because you're not listening.

The PA is the highest he COULD EVER GET TO IF EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD GOES HIS WAY. It cannot get higher. Whereas a severe injury could easily reduce the level he could get to, so it can go down.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It is frustrating, you find a young keeper who you think is a gem and he is tearing up trees for your first team, however the stats are telling you that he wouldn't even be good enough to hold down a backup keeper position in the EPL. Tell that to Bayern Munich, he recorded 20 saves against them in one match!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
No because you're not listening.

The PA is the highest he COULD EVER GET TO IF EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD GOES HIS WAY. It cannot get higher. Whereas a severe injury could easily reduce the level he could get to, so it can go down.

So basically your numbers are wrong then, Danny Welbeck in 2012 rates as a potential of 3.5 stars when scouted by a 20/20 scout yet we already know he is playing above that level. :p I wonder how many players fall through your filter every year and the stats have to be radically adjusted upwards! Mebbe I should go back to 2004 and see what the numbers for Messi are! :D ;)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
PA "stars" aren't entirely accurate you know, it depends on the scout and there's a system called PPA - perceived potential ability, which affects how their ability is judged. The information you get from people in the game comes from people, and as such isn't entirely accurate. You have to think for yourself ffs :D It's supposed to reflect reality, it's not just an interface to a database: it's a game.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
No No, all I want to hear from you is that Delac's stats are fucked and you are going to badger the code-monkeys to hotfix it for me! :p ;) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom