Games The FM Wolves 2011/2012 challenge!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Germany. Augsburg (random lower end top division team, no real talent to speak of).

Spain challenging pfff

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Germany. Augsburg (random lower end top division team, no real talent to speak of).

Spain challenging pfff

Agree, won La Liga with Levante in my second season, CL spot in the first.

Ok, so Augsburg eh? Will load it up and have a look.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its just a random database number generator. You ca save it, play one game and win 5-0, and reload, play the same game minutes after and lose 5-0

Not really. It is however fairly easy to win by beating the game rather than better real world tactics...nowhere near as easy as it used to be though. Re-loading is pretty pointless though, unless you are the type that uses cheats on other games.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Augsburg are a tough one for a single season, they have no transfer funds and a sizeable debt. It's a challenge alright, anyone up for it?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
lol fuck me, I need an entirely new first eleven. These guys would barely challenge for League One in England. No cash, big loans. :D

- English -

Resident Freddy
Cool, explain it then. I'll be interested to hear what nonsense you've concocted.

Well to me common sense says it's just a random made up result .. how can it differ so much from when one saves, plays, quits, reloads and plays the same match.
If it was based on stats, tactics, form, training, team talks, morale whatever then you would expect some pretty common results. I guess these things influence somethings, but doesn't seem to effect the results.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Oh English... I think you just wandered into facepalm territory.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Half way through, doing OK but starting to get some injuries. Had a bit of a bad spell over the last few games but came back with a win against Liverpool.

Table
half way.png

Results
Results.png

Squad
Squad.png

Transfers
transfers.png

Caldwell doing very well, heh. Man of the match against Liverpool. Bought a couple of new players in the mid season window for cover and hoping to pick up a top striker...got about 9mil left to play with and 40k ish a week wages. Nobody standing out on the transfer market so scouting.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Well i think we've all rage logged at some point when we lost, logged back on later and won ..

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Well i think we've all rage logged at some point when we lost, logged back on later and won ..

Brilliant :D

So if two teams in real life kept playing the same match over and over, it'd always end the same?

Are you reading what you write/listening to what you're saying?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
£170k transfer budget, £240k a week wage budget. OMFG.

Offload the shitty high earners first I guess.

Edit : It's mission impossible, too many signings made before I took over and I can't sell them on, the game stops me. Can't change staff, no finances to pay them off and not enough of them to train the squad properly.

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well to me common sense says it's just a random made up result .. how can it differ so much from when one saves, plays, quits, reloads and plays the same match.
If it was based on stats, tactics, form, training, team talks, morale whatever then you would expect some pretty common results. I guess these things influence somethings, but doesn't seem to effect the results.

Teams beat teams they shouldn't do on paper all the time, UTD lost to Everton only the other day, a game you would expect them to win.

Are you new to football?

- English -

Resident Freddy
Teams beat teams they shouldn't do on paper all the time, UTD lost to Everton only the other day, a game you would expect them to win.

Are you new to football?

You clearly don't see my point.

If it was based on tactics, training or whatever things are in FM nowadays, you would expect consistency throughout the game save. If i save the game before playing then lose 5-0, then quit without saving, there should be a logical reason for this, bad tactics or whatever .. not log on with the same everything then win that same game 4-1. It just shows its totally random.

And you just said about teams beating teams, this proves there's no point in doing all these tactics etc as they could randomly beat anyone.

Maybe I should try a save where i play with wolves, don't buy anyone, don't care about tactics, play a simple 4-4-2.. and play my save game before each game .. and i bet I can get to the top of the league :D

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
51-RXi8kVRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Your argument is proving yourself wrong. GG.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
This is entertaining.

English, you really are going to get seriously owned here.

- English -

Resident Freddy
This is entertaining.

English, you really are going to get seriously owned here.

Well no one has given me an explanation to why this happens .. if it was based on tactics etc then you would expect a similar result .. if everton beat man u 5-0 you can bet your 2nd ball that it was a tactical error on fergies behalf, but if it was FM,fergie would could send the same team out and win.

I understand you want to defend your beloved game - all i want is an explanation.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If you want to get personal for insulting your game, fair enough

Chuckie.jpg

Its not like you have access as customer support anyway

OMG I can't stop smiling at how mental you are. :D

It's fine to believe that the game is a random number generator, it's ok. It just shows how inept you are at understanding even the basics of logic, variables and a thing we like to try and replicate - reality.

This means that everything in the game has an effect. Every touch, pass, player decision, movement etc. is done on the fly, and based on complicated sets of varaibles such as ability, attributes, pitch, weather, morale, fitness - all sorts. This is just in the match engine alone. I understand that for people that seem to struggle with the basic concepts of comprehension this might seem a bit complicated, so feel free to believe it's a random number generator. I can't believe you're seriously suggesting a 20 year old brand is just a random number generator. SEGA are going to be pissed at us when they find out!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Back on topic, Wazz I need some suggestions for Augsberg! :p This is harder than Stockport County for fucksake, the club is financially crippled!

- English -

Resident Freddy
OMG I can't stop smiling at how mental you are. :D

It's fine to believe that the game is a random number generator, it's ok. It just shows how inept you are at understanding even the basics of logic, variables and a thing we like to try and replicate - reality.

This means that everything in the game has an effect. Every touch, pass, player decision, movement etc. is done on the fly, and based on complicated sets of varaibles such as ability, attributes, pitch, weather, morale, fitness - all sorts. This is just in the match engine alone. I understand that for people that seem to struggle with the basic concepts of comprehension this might seem a bit complicated, so feel free to believe it's a random number generator. I can't believe you're seriously suggesting a 20 year old brand is just a random number generator. SEGA are going to be pissed at us when they find out!

Its okay if it is based on the fly but still doesn't explain the huge randomness of results from the scenario i said. Read on.

The things in the database ie stats, ability attributes, pitch, weather etc all should be the same from before the save, and after the save. Now what happens on the pitch is built on the fly you say, - taking into consideration these same variables which are in the database as I have just mentioned. This is why there should be CONSISTENT results, not totally random as I have been saying, as the match engine must use this information to determine the score, and if it doesn't .. then whats the fkin point

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Because they are variables that are computed on the fly.

I imagine quite a lot of it is based on similar mathematics so RPG scoring systems but 1000s of times more complex. One variable would effect another variable and so on plus as the game develops variables change. If it was totally random someone could come up with it in their bedroom if they could come up with a UI, you would get some really stupid results though...

I am working on and off with a 20 year long game - I sort of gave up for a while and only made it to 5 years but some of the 20 year+ saves available for download are quite interesting.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Fuck it, I am off to bed, these numbers are too much to crunch this close to midnight. Looks like Augsberg is my new project though, beating relegation is going to be big fucking ask! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom