Formula 1 The F1 jibber jabber thread.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ha you havent even posted Hamiltons win.

F1 is dead.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Haha at the Ferraris falling over each other.

last few laps was really good and the pit stop strats kept it interesting.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Gives Binotto even more of a headache now... thoroughly enjoyed the race with so much drama... hoping Abu Dhabi can be something like....

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I love this* - a genuinely interesting bit of innovation that has left all of the other teams scratching their heads.

* assuming, as James Allison said, it's all above board.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Lets hope we see more actual racing.

Once you get over the '3 teams vs the rest' the racing was actually excellent last year - I'm hoping for similar this year.

Merc are an amazing team - there is so much that other industries can learn from the way these folks operate at the very echelons of performance - closer to perfection than anything else.

Last edited:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Once you get over the '3 teams vs the rest' the racing was actually excellent last year - I'm hoping for similar this year.

Merc are an amazing team - there is so much that other industries can learn from the way these folks operate at the very echelons of performance - closer to perfection than anything else.

Shame they'll probably be gone from the sport soon.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Shame they'll probably be gone from the sport soon.

Well, yes, the rumours are rife but there are various pointers in either direction so I don't see it as a given to be honest.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The Bahrain Grand Prix will be "behind closed doors", I get the feeling that's how the season (or at least the early part of it) is going to go, for those countries/circuits that can afford to take the hit.

I'm not sure it matters in terms of atmosphere since it isn't as if you can hear the fans over the engines, it'll be more interesting when they have no fans at football games.

I can see very few, mainly oil states, that can really afford to fund it without spectators although they may not have any choice.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
it'll be more interesting when they have no fans at football games.
Tune into to any of the Serie A games today or tomorrow (Juve vs. Inter) - they're all being played behind closed doors.

I can certainly see races like Baku being cancelled - they use it as a tool to drive tourism and if they can't do that there's very little point in holding it.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yep - it was pretty much inevitable... shame though, I was looking forward to it!

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Anyone else watching some of the eSports / online streaming gaming we are getting at the moment? Yes, it's not the real thing, but some of it is good fun :)

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Anyone else watching some of the eSports / online streaming gaming we are getting at the moment? Yes, it's not the real thing, but some of it is good fun :)

I've raced against a lot of them on iRacing. Good to see it getting mainstream coverage now.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I haven't watched any of it directly but I've seen snippets in the IG stories of Albon, Norris and Russell.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Gotta keep the gambling businesses alive with virtual sport now

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Looks really good. Hard to say at some points that its a game.

Yep - the tech is very good, though the official F1 game seems inferior to others such as iRacing - Max V refuses (so far) to play saying it's shit :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yep - the tech is very good, though the official F1 game seems inferior to others such as iRacing - Max V refuses (so far) to play saying it's shit :)
Must be strange to not rely on the g force and other sensations that they are used to.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Must be strange to not rely on the g force and other sensations that they are used to.

They have all spent alot of time in their own team simulators, so yes and no at the same time to be fair....

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
What is certain is that when we do finally go back to racing real world, they'll have alot of tired necks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom