Formula 1 The F1 jibber jabber thread.

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by ECA, Jul 29, 2009.

1. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Job

Job The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse

Ha you havent even posted Hamiltons win.

F1 is dead.

3. Moriath

Moriath I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Haha at the Ferraris falling over each other.

last few laps was really good and the pit stop strats kept it interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jupitus

Jupitus Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy! Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Gives Binotto even more of a headache now... thoroughly enjoyed the race with so much drama... hoping Abu Dhabi can be something like....

5. Moriath

Vettel just doesnt like being second really does he haha

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Moriath

Best thing is my m8s wife loves the ferraris. Wasnt happy at lap 66 hahaha

7. caLLous

I love this* - a genuinely interesting bit of innovation that has left all of the other teams scratching their heads.

* assuming, as James Allison said, it's all above board.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Embattle

Embattle FH is my second home

Lets hope we see more actual racing.

9. caLLous

And the rear suspension as well...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jupitus

Jupitus Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy! Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Once you get over the '3 teams vs the rest' the racing was actually excellent last year - I'm hoping for similar this year.

Merc are an amazing team - there is so much that other industries can learn from the way these folks operate at the very echelons of performance - closer to perfection than anything else.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

Shame they'll probably be gone from the sport soon.

12. Jupitus

Well, yes, the rumours are rife but there are various pointers in either direction so I don't see it as a given to be honest.

13. Jupitus

14. caLLous

15. Embattle

Embattle FH is my second home

I'm not sure it matters in terms of atmosphere since it isn't as if you can hear the fans over the engines, it'll be more interesting when they have no fans at football games.

I can see very few, mainly oil states, that can really afford to fund it without spectators although they may not have any choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. caLLous

Tune into to any of the Serie A games today or tomorrow (Juve vs. Inter) - they're all being played behind closed doors.

I can certainly see races like Baku being cancelled - they use it as a tool to drive tourism and if they can't do that there's very little point in holding it.

17. caLLous

Nothing official yet but it seems a total no-brainer to call it off.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Jupitus

Yep - it was pretty much inevitable... shame though, I was looking forward to it!

19. Jupitus

Anyone else watching some of the eSports / online streaming gaming we are getting at the moment? Yes, it's not the real thing, but some of it is good fun :)

20. Gumbo

Gumbo FH is my second home

I've raced against a lot of them on iRacing. Good to see it getting mainstream coverage now.

21. caLLous

I haven't watched any of it directly but I've seen snippets in the IG stories of Albon, Norris and Russell.

22. Moriath

Gotta keep the gambling businesses alive with virtual sport now

23. Jupitus

Good showing from Jimmer then who I am sure you must know - highlights from Sky:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JBToQybnyU

24. Moriath

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Jupitus

Yep - the tech is very good, though the official F1 game seems inferior to others such as iRacing - Max V refuses (so far) to play saying it's shit :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. Moriath

Must be strange to not rely on the g force and other sensations that they are used to.

27. Jupitus

They have all spent alot of time in their own team simulators, so yes and no at the same time to be fair....

• Informative Informative x 1
  28. Jupitus

What is certain is that when we do finally go back to racing real world, they'll have alot of tired necks!

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. ~Yuckfou~

~Yuckfou~ Lovely person

30. ~Yuckfou~

~Yuckfou~ Lovely person

• Agree Agree x 1