Formula 1 The F1 jibber jabber thread.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Spent the last couple of nights in testing sessions on iRacing with Lando Norris and Max Verstappen.

I've nothing constructive to add except it felt bloody cool and they are a lot faster than me!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Lando Norris seems like a really nice guy. He's on Reddit and has randomly popped up here and there in /r/formula1 - including this post (because some other random guy had been allowed to touch an F1 car). It was great to see him actually getting a seat for next year.

Also, I'm not surprised he was quick, he has a seriously impressive sim racing rig in his house...

Gumbo

FH is my second home
It's worse than that, you can see in that vid that he has 2!

He was racing the MX-5s quite a lot in the week 13 races recently, I wonder whether the other rig has a 3 pedal set up.

I am dangerously contemplating building a dedicated rig myself now, but it;s going to cost many many poundses and I'm not sure I can really justify it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I am dangerously contemplating building a dedicated rig myself now, but it;s going to cost many many poundses and I'm not sure I can really justify it.
Yeah, my problem is I have "fads" where I will play a type of game and then just not play it again for a year. I have a Thrustmaster setup - TX base (with a Sparco R383 Rally Wheel which I absolutely adore), T3PA-PRO pedals and TH8A shifter on a Wheel Stand Pro base - but as we speak it's just sitting in the corner not doing an awful lot, and you really have to put in the hours to get good. I'd love a proper rig but I just don't think I'd use it enough to make me feel that it had been worth it. I fully expect to get back into it all when Dirt Rally 2.0 comes out in February.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I'm the same, I'll play something to death for a few weeks, then move on for a year. Tends to rotate between iRacing, Kerbal Space Program, DCS, poker, World of Warships, then other randomness. The Racing Rig could double up for flight sims though, with the right design. I really want to borrow a VR headset to see if it makes me spew. If that would work then I could potentially just run one pc in the room which makes it more viable..

In other news Sage Karam was in the split above me in an F3 race a minute ago. Iracing is really taking off with the pro drivers. It's like going down to your local park and Harry Kane shows up for a kick about.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Oh yeah, the Rift - another on-a-whim purchase which only comes out occasionally. I tell you what though, I haven't found a more immersive VR + wheel/shifter/pedals/etc gaming experience than Euro Truck Simulator 2 - it's incredible. Also, Google Earth VR is amazing.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Oh yeah, the Rift - another on-a-whim purchase which only comes out occasionally. I tell you what though, I haven't found a more immersive VR + wheel/shifter/pedals/etc gaming experience than Euro Truck Simulator 2 - it's incredible. Also, Google Earth VR is amazing.
None of the PC racing games I've tried have had as good force feedback on my G27 as the Gran Turismo series, so even with the Oculus Rift I've been unable to get into them.

Unrelated +1 for Google Earth VR though, that is amazing and I keep going back to it in awe.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
8gy3knlprpg21.jpg

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Formula E was good tonight.

Yeah, this season has actually had entertaining racing and races. More so than f1, and at least if we do get a boring race it'll only be 45 minutes.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Merc dominating.
LeClerc obviously given team orders.
Verstappen showing talent in slower car.
Not sure this is going to be a great season :(

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Ferrari keep thinking up new ways of fucking it up when they're the favourites.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I can't believe we're still waiting for a decision. It's insane, how long they're taking.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Result stands. Thank fuck for that.

Agreed, but can't help thinking there was a heap of commercial pressure for that decision. Don't think there should have been a penalty but after the furore with Vettel it would have been disastrous.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Cracking race. I usually have low expectations of Silverstone, but that had everything.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Best race for a long time, just a shame the safety car interrupted.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Hot take after hot take in that video. He's not wrong about any of it (except there have been some great races this year) but none of what he says is original. They're not going to get rid of the stewards, although they do need to consistently/predictably apply penalties and let "racing incidents" go more often.

There are changes coming (refuelling, steeper rear wing angles to deflect air higher to enable cars to follow more closely, less thermal degradation on tyres to name a few) - as to whether any of them make a difference, time will tell.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm fairly sure all the drivers from the good old days would support the stewarts and regulation.

If Clarkson wants to see less regulation and more dangerous driving then he should volunteer to race himself. :)

But let's take the point of view that Job is actually trying to portray; fuck those dirty over bearing liberal scum for trying to save lives.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He's not wrong tho @Gwadien. F1 is fucking dull as dishwater - and I used to properly love F1.

Honestly, I'd like to see less downforce allowed, big wide tyres and, yep, wheel-to-wheel racing allowed, with weaving, blocking etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom