Formula 1 The F1 jibber jabber thread.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Not a great start for McLaren... lots of breakdowns on track and they dropped the car while practising pitstops yesterday. :(

8qodmswerkk01.png

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Hell of a lap from Lewis in Q3. It looked like Ferrari might have been holding back their pace a bit in the practise sessions and that it might actually be quite tight but he just blew them away.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
1 word: WOW!

I am really liking how the whole pack is closer than ever this year... going to be some great races this year... bring it on!! :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

View: https://twitter.com/autosport/status/958694907073454080

Dont have pretty girls to watch at anything soon. Wonder how long cheer leaders will last.

Oh the poor pretty girls will have to find new jobs now ;)

This is actually what 50 years of feminism has been about; making sure those popular pretty bitches don't have jobs when they grow up. Its had nothing to do with men or "the patriarchy", its all about bringing those popular girls down a peg*

*May be lies.

DaGaffer

Wouldn’t fancy being in the Mercedes or Haas garages right now. Bet Hamilton is sharing a few choice words.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I don't know Hamilton could've done tbh, apart from "be psychic" and see that the VSC was coming and try to increase the gap. It was just an unfortunate (depending on your allegiance) set of circumstances with Haas imploding when they did and Vettel still needing to pit when it happened. The Haas thing was bad though - unless they lost pneumatic pressure to the guns on that side of the car there's really no decent explanation.

DaGaffer

I don't know Hamilton could've done tbh, apart from "be psychic" and see that the VSC was coming and try to increase the gap. It was just an unfortunate (depending on your allegiance) set of circumstances with Haas imploding when they did and Vettel still needing to pit when it happened. The Haas thing was bad though - unless they lost pneumatic pressure to the guns on that side of the car there's really no decent explanation.

You’d have to analyse Hamilton’s laps under the VSC. It’s supposed to be a 35% speed reduction, but he only had to coast a coupe of corners and that could have made the difference. The key question is why the team didn’t tell him Vettel had gone in.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
So Hamilton said this about Verstappen after the race:

There's this incredibly annoying, incredibly biased Dutch "journalist" called Louis Dekker, who tried to make a whole big thing out of it in the post race press conference:

DaGaffer

I'm not a fan of Vettel, he just irritates me, but kudos for this.

And Verstappen is epically fast, but he's also an annoying twerp.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Great drive from Ricciardo after nearly not being able to qualify. Mercedes should've pitted Hamilton (and maybe Bottas, I'm not sure he hadn't passed the pit entrance when the safety car signs lit up). Verstappen is a bellend.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Cool GP today. Verstapen being a dick and moving too much again i think. But muchly entertaining

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It sounds like Redbull are calling it a 50/50 incident but Verstappen pulled off several dickish moves against Ricciardo earlier in the race. He's exciting to watch but he just needs to dial it back a bit because all he's doing is throwing points away.

It was a great finish to a good race, though. The safety car set it up perfectly, allowing everyone from Ferrari and Mercedes to get on the ultrasoft tyres. Bottas was desperately unlucky but Vettel just made a hash of whatever he was trying to do.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I won't remove my agrees / disagrees for clarity, but I am rewatching and reviewing my view on the RIC VER incident.... hmm....

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
I see Grosjean is back to being a bit of a bellend.

A bit of a bellend? A turd of the highest order.

Dont these guys keep telling us how great they are? well thats a rookie driving mistake, not a rookie F1 mistake, plain old simple driving error that these guys get paid millions NOT to make.

He needs results or he wont be playing next year.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
A bit of a bellend? A turd of the highest order.

Dont these guys keep telling us how great they are? well thats a rookie driving mistake, not a rookie F1 mistake, plain old simple driving error that these guys get paid millions NOT to make.

He needs results or he wont be playing next year.
They say that about him every year

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Perhaps, but he is coming to the end of his 3yr Haas contract.. his negotiating position isn't looking good shall we say?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
And you wonder why F1 is so boring, listen to yourselves complaining about racing.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
What Grosjean did (in this instance) wasn't anything to do with racing, it was pure stupidity.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Worse than usual. Hamilton and Alonso were right - utterly boring due to everyone being shit scared to push their tyres. If it wasn't such a prestigious event I expect they'd have dropped it from the calendar years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom