Formula 1 The F1 jibber jabber thread.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Great race up until the last safety car then zzzz.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Here I have a chance to ask people who are unbiased:

Is K-Mag any decent or is it just Danish media sucking dick because he's Danish? He seems a bit like the Bendtner of Formula 1..?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
He's kinda mediocre. He's not going anywhere upwards.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
0aB4sJM.png

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Something remarkable would have to happen for Hamilton not to win it now. He only needs to come fourth or higher in the remaining races, even if Vettel won the lot, which he won't.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It could all change with a DNF or two but yeah, 59 points with 100 available is a healthy lead.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
That's cool. I've noticed that under the new management they do seem to be more open. There's lots more appearing on the official youtube channel etc. They're realising, finally, that they need to move with the times.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
In bernies mind, F1 content was worth money to facebook/twitter/youtube/etc, so why should they get to use it without paying for it?

The new owners thankfully understand it a bit better.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
They all stand at the front of the grid right before they start don't they? After Brundle's grid walk.

DaGaffer

At all races the drivers line up for the national anthem, before they go on the warmup lap/etc, like 30min before the race start.

Do they? I've been to loads of races in several countries and never noticed that.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's not 30 minutes before the start, it's the last thing they do before they get in their cars to go out on the warmup lap. Towards the end of his grid walk, Brundle usually tries to catch drivers for a word as they work their way forwards for the national anthem.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Chill out with the tacky Americanised cringe-fest, Liberty. Jesus. Let's hope it's just something they're doing because 'merica and not something that's going to be tried elsewhere.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I agree the start of the race with the intro of the drivers ick ick. And that announcer dude can do one.

Race was good tho. Thought at one point they were gonna catch lewis.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
He got called on the under take going off the track? What he get five second penalty?

DaGaffer

Ooh, close Vettel. But I can't feel any sympathy cos you're a bit of a cunt.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I liked him much more at Ferrari than Red Bull but then Baku happened and he revealed himself to be an absolute twat (much like Rosberg at Austria last season, although he'd already done it previously). Vettel would've had to have won to keep his hopes alive with Lewis getting 9th so it was never going to happen.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
BBC asking if Hamilton will surpass Schumacher by 2020, impressive feat indeed if he can win 4 more championships in 3 seasons.

I think the Beeb need a new intern.

DaGaffer

BBC asking if Hamilton will surpass Schumacher by 2020, impressive feat indeed if he can win 4 more championships in 3 seasons.

I think the Beeb need a new intern.

Yeah, I saw that. I actually think the win record is possible (although only if he stays driving until he's 37 or so, same as Schumacher) , but its extremely unlikely he'll get to seven championships.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, but 7 is to equal Schumacher, he would need 8 (4 more) to surpass him.

Possible, but that would be winning the next 4 years on the bounce and I imagine the F̶1̶ ̶g̶o̶v̶e̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶o̶d̶y̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶f̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶e̶q̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶i̶e̶l̶d̶ other teams will improve by then.

DaGaffer

Yeah, but 7 is to equal Schumacher, he would need 8 (4 more) to surpass him.

Possible, but that would be winning the next 4 years on the bounce and I imagine the F̶1̶ ̶g̶o̶v̶e̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶o̶d̶y̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶f̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶e̶q̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶i̶e̶l̶d̶ other teams will improve by then.

Of course they will, you only have to look at this year to see the erosion of Mercedes dominance, and its likely to continue. I think if Hamilton got to seven titles and had more wins than Schumacher, then he could justifiably call himself the greatest, but the caveat is that there are simply a lot more races to rack up the wins these days; in the Schumacher/Prost/Senna era it was about 15-17 races per season, now its 22-23, and if you go back to 60s/70s it was only 10/12 races per season. What's impressive about the likes of Stewart, Clark and Fangio is their win ratios rather than the actual number; Jackie Stewart only competed in 99 GPs in his whole career and won 27 of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom