Formula 1 The F1 jibber jabber thread.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
What do the penalty points mean? They like points on his racing license?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If he gets 12 points, he gets a one-race ban. So basically, he hasn't been punished at all.

And he's still not accepting any blame...

I was coming round to him not being a complete twat but he's gone down a few notches today after that performance. Also, curiously, there's no mention of brake issues in that video.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I thought it was 2 points on his license, in essence you can get up to 12 a season.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Bugger, sorry for double post, trying to do it slightly drunk from a moving car clearly isn't the best idea.

Regardless of Nico's bleatings it is clear that officially LH was not at fault, and although grid places at British grand Prix would have been better I reckon that is a reasonable outcome.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Bugger, sorry for double post, trying to do it slightly drunk from a moving car clearly isn't the best idea.

Regardless of Nico's bleatings it is clear that officially LH was not at fault, and although grid places at British grand Prix would have been better I reckon that is a reasonable outcome.
As long as you're not doing it slightly drunk while driving the moving car. :)

And after having thought about it, I suppose Rosberg's actions cost him in the race more than any penalty would've done. For him to say he was taking a "deep line" is ridiculous though. I thought there might've been a grid penalty at Silverstone or at least a punishment that meant something.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
No not driving :)

Can't help thinking that Nico's actions since have done him no good either, he's simply making himself look more stupid, and the team won't fall for it either.

"I was surprised when Lewis turned in to me" what the fuck? Was he really shocked that LH actually tried to go round the corner rather than happily park in the run off area?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I guess he can't come clean because that would mean he'd have to admit that he tried to take his team-mate out of the race. From the onboard footage it's pretty clear that he had no intention of turning into the corner until contact had been made.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I think the biggest fallout from this will be within mercedes internally.

The spa incident rosberg was in the wrong with, but you could sort of argue his position. Most of the rest were him being dumb, this was actually malicious and blatantly with intent to cause an accident - something that wasn't clearly present in any of the other incidents between them.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
This, Spa and reversing during quali at Monaco that time to prevent Lewis putting in a lap are the ones that stick out for me but I agree, today was absolutely him trying to take out another driver. He seems to lurch from "being too nice" to "being an absolute dick" with no middle ground.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Actually it's the duty of the rejoining car to rejoin safely.... it's hard but fair racing to keep someone off and make them lift to rejoin.
Not very fair when you're the spacker that ran them off the road though.

Except Rosberg had a damaged car and should no longer be travelling at racing speed.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
y3cZH03.jpg

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Christ if the drivers are saying it's OK for inters that's a clue that the safety car is unnecessary.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Kinda bullshit that they couldn't help Lewis in Baku but they were falling over themselves to tell Nico what to do today. If it's safety then fair enough but this wasn't a "safety" radio call.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Agree, I expect a time penalty at the very least but I'm sure Mercedes will have their rep in arguing it was a safety issue - so we'll see.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

Not seeing how that makes it ok when Force India couldn't tell Perez about his brakes last week in Austria.

Rosberg reporting to the stewards at 4pm...
V0Zn5Vx.png

Last edited:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Bit of a joke how long it's taking them to figure their own rules out.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Ten second penalty for Rosberg, puts him a point ahead of Lewis overall.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
From a 43 point lead down to 1.
Rosberg must be shitting it.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Fortunately a 10 sec penalty actually meant something today, a lot of races it would have been meaningless. Does that mean that every transgression of that rule will meet the same punishment? A lot of teams are going to be frantically doing the maths in future...

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Rosberg had said immediately after the race: "It was a very critical problem because I was stuck in seventh gear and about to stop on track."

Just to be petulant? If he was genuinely stuck in 7th then he could get to somewhere safe to pull off.

Ultimately this has been a weak and half arsed response to a somewhat misguided rule. Radio coaching had gone too far, but the total ban had compromised racing and they will have to address it at some point.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It can be seen as a light punishment again as, according to Mercedes, had they not given him the information, he would've been a DNF and had no points at all.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fortunately a 10 sec penalty actually meant something today, a lot of races it would have been meaningless. Does that mean that every transgression of that rule will meet the same punishment? A lot of teams are going to be frantically doing the maths in future...
That's how it looks...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Stupid alonso stopping lewis last lap and recovering before rosberg

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Though the yellows were still out for Rosberg. Apparently slowing down and being ready to stop for 1/10 of a second is plenty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom