Formula 1 The F1 jibber jabber thread.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fuck, Hamilton just can't catch a break. Hell of a lap from Ricciardo, though.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Also danny ric did q2 on supersofts not ultra softs so he won't be pitting for a looooong time tomorrow.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Also danny ric did q2 on supersofts not ultra softs so he won't be pitting for a looooong time tomorrow.

This - absolute genious, to be honest.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Looks like Red Bull have a great chassis & aero. If they can sort their power out they will be serious contenders.
Rain predicted for the race so could be a lottery.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Monaco is wet atm, with more rain forecast.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yes, that was expected... could be an interesting day ...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Wow Rosberg drove like a pussy in the wet. Unless he had "brake problems" on the last lap as well.

Who let Justin fucking Beiber anywhere near proceedings? :(

Last edited:

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Salty ric/redbull fans raging at hamilton.
Ric still would've won if the team remembered their tyres ;)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Baku is sounding more and more like a disaster waiting to happen the nearer we get. Apparently 90% of rear tyres were damaged after FP1, there are people out there welding with no goggles or anything, the run-off areas are... sparse (and also car parks, according to this from the GP2). Yes it's a street circuit but it's a bloody fast street circuit (Mercedes clocked Bottas at 351km/h).

I do love this lower camera angle though. Grosjean had it on his car for the race in Canada, it looks great.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Looks really narrow and not much over taking, and theres bound to be safety cars. I think its monaco withput the style.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I started watching the GP2 race on lap ~5, we're now on lap 20 and there have been 3 safety cars and 9 retirements.

Last edited:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Ten cars out now, 5 of them on the first corner of the first lap apparently.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Race will be interesting tomorrow - with that massive straight I reckon lewis will be in P2 within 5 laps of the start.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
He'll have to get round the first corner which, given his recent form at the start and the fact he's in the midfield, is not at all certain.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Lol Hamilton doesn't like Baku.
Phew, I'm glad you're ok. I was getting worried after you went very quiet at about the same time as Hamilton reduced that points gap from 43 to 9 in the space of 2 races.

Anyway, you're absolutely spot on, he clearly hates Baku.

52TSQ36.jpg

k4HvqET.jpg

QS7d8S2.jpg

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Phew, I'm glad you're ok. I was getting worried after you went very quiet at about the same time as Hamilton reduced that points gap from 43 to 9 in the space of 2 races.

Anyway, you're absolutely spot on, he clearly hates Baku.

52TSQ36.jpg

k4HvqET.jpg

QS7d8S2.jpg

Fascinating...yet meaningless.

Went to shit, literally as soon as it actually meant anything.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's literally the opposite of meaningless in response to what @~Yuckfou~ said. Yes Hamilton fucked up in quali (for whatever reason) but to suggest he doesn't like the track or can't perform at the track is just retarded when he's been comfortably the fastest in every session up until then. To also suggest that he can't perform under pressure is batshit crazy. How many times has he had 1 shot at grabbing pole and done it? See just a few races ago for the latest example.

I'm expecting quite a few DNFs tomorrow judging by how the GP2 race went, whether he will be one of them is anybody's guess. We know he is quick, we know he will drive aggressively and we know there are overtaking opportunities.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
It's literally the opposite of meaningless in response to what @~Yuckfou~ said. Yes Hamilton fucked up in quali (for whatever reason) but to suggest he doesn't like the track or can't perform at the track is just retarded when he's been comfortably the fastest in every session up until then. To also suggest that he can't perform under pressure is batshit crazy. How many times has he had 1 shot at grabbing pole and done it? See just a few races ago for the latest example.

I'm expecting quite a few DNFs tomorrow judging by how the GP2 race went, whether he will be one of them is anybody's guess. We know he is quick, we know he will drive aggressively and we know there are overtaking opportunities.

The thing is... with that straight he can finish P2 almost no matter what, so he doesn't need to take ANY risks.
That said, we all know lewis has no chill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom