Formula 1 The F1 jibber jabber thread.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Oh, he's been called to the stewards. They left that a bit late but I guess maybe he didn't lift enough. I bet he's getting chummy with the stewards, they're seeing a lot of each other.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
No further action on rosberg, but arguing ensuing because of the 107% rule affecting drivers in q1.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Great race that. Hopefully Hamilton can crack on now.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Palmers spin was a $10million dollar mistake.

Ouch.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Seems thats what was reported. But not a big suprise in brasiL. Used to be the kidnap capital of the world and as he is worth a couple billion.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It must be odd to be ~20 years older than your mother-in-law.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
There's a dramatisation of the call as it played out:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
...by his own team, who decided to extend his penalty to 8 seconds.

It's difficult not to feel for Kvyat, nothing has gone his way since being demoted to Toro Rosso.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The end of this season is gonna be good, lewis has to take 2 new engines and start from the back in spa which will let rosberg catch u p a bit and then it's game on.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Why does he have to take two new engines?

We have 9 races left and one engine wouldn't make it, he needs 2 so he's gonna double up the penalties for the same race.
If he changed one engine he'd get a 20 place drop, might as well take 2 at the same time and be 40 places down. rather than 2x20 at separate races.

Remember Mclaren did it last year and alonso/button had 100+ place grid drops each? Same deal.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's happening at this race.

Should be a good one!

These are not surprises at all - we have known some of the mech failures he had earlier in the season would likely mean using more than his allocation for the season so Merc are getting all of the pain squared away in one go. In fact, they're making this an engine swap training session for the crew and changing the new parts over and over to up his pool of available parts.

Edit - I echo that it should be good fun seeing him start from the back too, though :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I would not be at all surprised if he's still leading the championship after the race on Sunday.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
As Mr. Brundle keeps saying, "to finish first, you first have to finish."

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'm not so sure.

He's 19 points ahead and nico is likely to pick up 25.

Lewis thus needs 7 points to retain the lead - meaning a 6th place finish ( 8 pts ) , a 7th place would be 6 points so -1 if rosberg wins.

The red bulls/ferraris seem a lot closer than they have previously - imo because they're running a really high tyre pressure at spa ( 23? ish ), where they'd really want to be running 16, and I think most tracks pirelli wants around 18-19 minimum psi.

If we have some incidents of course it's possible. 6th maybe doable, 7th-10th seem more likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom