Formula 1 The F1 jibber jabber thread.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm not so sure.

He's 19 points ahead and nico is likely to pick up 25.

Lewis thus needs 7 points to retain the lead - meaning a 6th place finish ( 8 pts ) , a 7th place would be 6 points so -1 if rosberg wins.

The red bulls/ferraris seem a lot closer than they have previously - imo because they're running a really high tyre pressure at spa ( 23? ish ), where they'd really want to be running 16, and I think most tracks pirelli wants around 18-19 minimum psi.

If we have some incidents of course it's possible. 6th maybe doable, 7th-10th seem more likely.

I agree with all of that, @ECA , but I think he might gain a bit of an edge through knowing full well this would be the case so he can run an 'overtaking' setup perhaps to give him a bit of a hand getting through. We'll see... I may well be wrong :)

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Stuck £5 on Hamilton.

Might not be a bad shout - there was supposed to be no rain this weekend but during quali mention was made of some storms coming in - if we get a mad mixed up rain affected race tomorrow anything could happen.... just a question though, what odds did you get?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Might not be a bad shout - there was supposed to be no rain this weekend but during quali mention was made of some storms coming in - if we get a mad mixed up rain affected race tomorrow anything could happen.... just a question though, what odds did you get?

Only 12:1, to get a podium finish was stupidly low odds.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I got 14/1 to win outright. Which really is quite low odds since he's starting from the back.

Too often a safety car may close things right up, so that has to be factored in....

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Bloody love Spa! Lewis up to 5th, I don't know how long he can go on the mediums. Hell of a smash for Magnussen, I originally thought he'd gone in head first at full speed though so it could've been worse. Surely Rosberg should've come in...

Oof red flag, it looked like the tyre wall was significantly damaged. Maybe Rosberg and his half of the garage were banking on a red flag when they chose not to pit him.

Last edited:

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I rest my case.... ;)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Good stuff. Still 9 points in the lead and with lots of lovely new engine bits to cancel out all of the shitty luck earlier in the season.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
At least Rosberg has nailed down what he needs to happen to win. Get Hamilton to start at the back.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
3 Engine failures out of 43 merc engines on the grid this year, all lewis.
Incredibly bad luck.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Toys out of pram for Hamilton (again) then.

He needs to get his head down and stop being a dick, not much he can do about mechanical failure but there is a lot he can do about acting like a child.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Toys out of pram for Hamilton (again) then.

He needs to get his head down and stop being a dick, not much he can do about mechanical failure but there is a lot he can do about acting like a child.

People say this , and then fanboy over other drivers who act like much bigger children. ( Vettel/Alonso this season ).

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
He needs to sort his start out, that must be the third or fourth he's fumbled this season. Rosberg has had the more reliable car (or he punishes it less), but he's been more consistent. I'd rate Hamilton the better racer, but that's only part of the package in F1 these days.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Wooo Vettel told Charlie Whiting to fuck off. I was liking "Ferrari Vettel" but he was a dick at the end there. Verstappen wasn't given a penalty so didn't have to yield.

Lol is Vettel going to run on the podium.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Wooo Vettel told Charlie Whiting to fuck off. I was liking "Ferrari Vettel" but he was a dick at the end there. Verstappen wasn't given a penalty so didn't have to yield.

Lol is Vettel going to run on the podium.
we've just fast forwarded it. That's a first. SO boring.

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
Hoist with his own petard

Seriously sick to death of Vettel's constant whining about back markers / blue flags / "dangerous" drivers this season. Hopefully Ferrari will have had enough of his pathetic excuse-making performances as well before the start of next season and recruit someone quick and exciting.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I watched a bit of the race and he was bitching throughout. I think its overall frustration that they are all racing for 3rd+ again this year.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The drama was better than the race unfortunately.

NEXT YEAR IT'LL ALL BE DIFFERENT THOUGH!

Hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom