Formula 1 The F1 jibber jabber thread.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The new lotus looks like a brute.

lotus-cosworth-t127-3.jpg

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Doesn't look like a modern F1 car. The top of the sidepods is just one big flat rectangle.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
As a Lotus owner I'm really pleased to see the name resurrected and this last week has shown that the new F1 team really do want to connect with the road car factory. For instance, Trulli was at a freezing Snetterton for 2 days for the press launch of the Evora Cup car giving pax rides to journalists and noteworthy's. Hazel and Clive Chapman were at the press launch on Friday and when Clive asked Tony Fernandes whether the teams first win would be Lotus F1's first, or Lotus' 80th he replied that it would definitely be Lotus' 80th.

If nothing else the rebirth of Lotus will give me a reason to keep watching on a Sunday if Jenson and Lewis end up out of the race.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Lotus track testing cut short because Kovalainen crashed it.

He's the gordon brown of motor racing. Showed promise, but a complete arse.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Lotus track testing cut short because Kovalainen crashed it.

He's the gordon brown of motor racing. Showed promise, but a complete arse.

Did 68 laps today, so 100ish in total in 2 days, plus 70something for Fauzy on Wednesday. Be interesting to see what Trulli manages tomorrow, but that's a decent mileage for a first test.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
So USF1 have officially stopped making their car and shut down their factory, Jacques Villeneuve has been confirmed for a seat fitting at Stefan GP and the top 7 teams were all within .5 of a second of each other on the final day of testing.

Roll on next friday! :D

Kryten

Old Cow.
USF1 hadn't just stopped bothering - they were stopped. They were in a hole to start with and just kept making it bigger, and as a result had men in suits go and shut the place down forcibly. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Chilly

Balls of steel
and this fucking time I'm keeping well out of the betfair markets. lost 50 quid last season :(

fucking talented british drivers and engineers...bleh!

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
and this fucking time I'm keeping well out of the betfair markets. lost 50 quid last season :(

fucking talented british drivers and engineers...bleh!

Wish i'd made the same bet as my brother did last season, he won 700 quid from putting a tenner on Button and Brawn to both win their respective championships.

Kryten

Old Cow.
So the details of McLarens wing emerge - it's rather quite ingenious!

A duct on the top front of the car draws air in which flows through the cockpit (controlled by the drivers leg position!) through a duct that goes from behind the drivers head out through that slot in the rear wing (so I was wrong, there is a slot!) - giving a purported 6mph speed boost in straights.

It's been 100% cleared by the FIA and Whiting, but you can guarantee that should McLaren romp away with it this weekend the other teams will start complaining about it (as well as designing their own versions at the same time just in case!)

Nice bit of innovation there which is what F1 is all about. No different to last years diffusers IMO - no rules against them.

Really, really, really can't wait :D

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Looking forward to this a bit of an unhealthy amount, heh. Just watched the third practice, what a race/championship this is shaping up to be... anyone who doesn't watch it is missing out. ;)

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
They had this on Radio 1 the other day. The BBC have no control over what pictures are shown, nor the graphics or anything like that. What is broadcast is done from a central base, and thus, until the FIA or whoever it is who control the televisual broadcasting changes to HD transmissions, everyone is screwed.

Rumour is, HD will be in for 2011.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Lotus still going all the other new boys out, wooooooohooooo!!!!!!

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Didn't want to say I told you so but... I told you so!

ahahahahahaahahahahahah Fernando el rey

que os follen.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
God, that was fucking tedious.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Absolutely shoddy track - needs to be stricken from the calendar, but we all know that wont happen as Bernie can charge them what he likes and they'll pay up for the privilege.
Will reserve judgement on the lack of refuelling for some decent circuits. Can't wait for wet races mind.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Think the problem is tyre wear, or the lack of it. No refueling worked 17 years ago because tyre wear forced multiple pit stops anyway, nowadays tyres are much better and, as we saw today, one set can go near race distance at normal race pace. When you have a situation like that, along with tracks that don't really provide a lot of overtaking opportunities then you're gonna end up with lots of procession racing. Bring in tyres that wear quicker and we might actually see people make some proper choices, go slow and reduce tyre wear but risk faster cars actually catching and overtaking you, or go fast and take multiple pit stops but risk losing places during stops.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
So long as the red car crosses the line first it's all good!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
hurp de durp.

Sick race.

Very exciting.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Was in two minds about watching it live after Bahrain but decided that I'd take the plunge and drag myself out of bed at 6am, very glad I did now.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I wonder if alonsos' lockup was deliberate to try and provoke something like that.

Dirty spaniard!

It was pretty hilarious what happened to Webber though through the whole race.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Very very nice race indeed; so glad I woke up for it now. :)

One thing I do have to say...wtf is wrong with that Sauber car. If anyone saw practice 1, Kobayashis front wing simply fell off, went under the car and of course you can't brake at that point and go straight into the barrier. They did a slow mo replay of it happening again during the race on the red button and it sheered at the same point again... that's kind of worrying considering thats two completely different front noses with the same problem. Going full throttle head on into barriers or turning traffic isn't exactly the safest of things, especially when the wing going under the car lifts the car up into the air.

Driver of the race for me would be a difficult one.

Button...fantastic faultless drive, if a little lucky. Alonso, how on earth he managed to get back up the grid that quickly, that was a monumental drive. While I would be tempted to say Massa considering he never usually performs on tracks which he doesn't like, he still managed to keep Alonso behind nicely...hmm, I'm unsure. Perhaps Alonso in his new team, didn't want to risk taking the both of them out, in which case, that brings them both down the pecking order for performance.

Robert Kubica? How on earth from 9th position he managed to finish 2nd with that car; well, drive of the day for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom