The end draws near...

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:
Im not very into caster-artifacts so correct me if Im wrong; but is it not possible to get caster-damage capped from other items? If I recall correctly there's also a staff which gives you an aura with the brain-buff thingie. That aura makes you 'stronger' too, right? But you lack that now. That's what I mean with 'different'. You simply cant have it 'all'. As said before; I dont know if thats even possible; but I imagine another mix of artifacts and items gives you the same damage; but different utility; in your case for example trading MCL2-charge for a damage-boost/range-charge (the brain-buff icon).

As non-caster I cant judge if that makes you stronger or weaker; I doubt its easy to compare; hence I picked 'different'

But if I see 5% unrestricted damage does that mean without Tartaros you will ALWAYS have lower magic-damage? If Tartaros isnt needed to hit the 10% cap you dont loose any damage; just exchange charges/utility.

Correct me if im wrong tho; I dont play caster-dude(tte)s

The 'Brain' icon is from the other artifact staff, Traldors Oracle, its a 5 minute long charge useable every 30 minutes. It gives +5 magical Damage and +5 Resist Piercing. So yes for 5 minutes you can have the same effect as a Tarts.

There are only 5 items in the game with +% Magic damage- GoV, Nailahs, GoLM, Tarts and ML10 Staff.

Tarts gives +5%
nailahs/GoV give +4%
GoLM gives +2%
and ML10 Staff gives +2%

So its not really worth making a caster template without it unless your in a fixed RvR guild and your the sorc who has this staff purely as a charge for the extra 5% damage/RP for the group.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Resist pierce >>> damage so much anyhow, not sure what that big deal is. Join the roleplaying darkside and get SoG !! :)

Mael, 50th ment.

david

Loyal Freddie
willowywicca said:
I did my testing by summoning and reclaiming power from cabalist pets.. I got the exact same amount of power back from each pet whether I was using a 70% or 100% staff (not the same staff tho), which meant the cost of pet summoning for a cabalist either isn't affected by focus at all, or else that the focus doesn't lower when you drop to 70% con..

I think focus is effected by your spec cos if a enchanter is 20 light this is why the baseline nuke uses so much power compared to a spec nuker? so you summoning a pet in the spirit line wouldnt test focus very well, unless you are specced in spirit...probly best spamming AoE disease on a bot to test effect of staff con if you are body.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:
Im not very into caster-artifacts so correct me if Im wrong; but is it not possible to get caster-damage capped from other items?
Not quite, there is no staff with 5% unrestricted dmg, and If I am to use ml10 staff + golm which has 4% then I lose my 5% resist piercing from my jewel. And then I got 1% less dmg and 5% less resist piercing.

Puppet said:
If I recall correctly there's also a staff which gives you an aura with the brain-buff thingie. That aura makes you 'stronger' too, right? But you lack that now. That's what I mean with 'different'. You simply cant have it 'all'.
You're talking about Traldor's Oracle which has a 5% dmg charge that lasts 5 min every 30 min or so, so I only get something I had all the time on my previous staff.

Puppet said:
As said before; I dont know if thats even possible; but I imagine another mix of artifacts and items gives you the same damage; but different utility; in your case for example trading MCL2-charge for a damage-boost/range-charge (the brain-buff icon).
Actually the Traldor's charge is 5% dmg and 5% resist piercing and not range and the charge as I said is on a 30 min timer. The MCL2 charge is the most useful charge I have.

Puppet said:
As non-caster I cant judge if that makes you stronger or weaker; I doubt its easy to compare; hence I picked 'different'

But if I see 5% unrestricted damage does that mean without Tartaros you will ALWAYS have lower magic-damage? If Tartaros isnt needed to hit the 10% cap you dont loose any damage; just exchange charges/utility.
No it doesn't mean you lose the 5% dmg for good, but there are no good enough items to replace this staff.

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Do something about it: send feedback to Mythic directly. TODAY :mad:
http://www.camelotherald.com/feedback.php
Send something like:
"Please remove durability totally from artifacts, allow people to re-accuire artifacts or implement a way to restore durability to artifacts."
<rubs away a smudge on the glass case his Tarts is in>

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
Bind on pickup sucks

at least you dont see it on the AH 3 days later.... :F:F
but xeanor probably meant the durability part rather, no matter how you look at it its BETTER ::D:D

tartaros gets owned too fast aye, ghay system :[[[

Martok

Part of the furniture
i realy hope they do add sumthing to either rep or replace arti's on low dur my entiure sc is on 25-40 % dur on arti's and have replaced mp chain 2 times :eek6:

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Dorin said:
at least you dont see it on the AH 3 days later.... :F:F
Actually I prefer to see them on AH 3 days later so that someone who needs it will get it rather than it's being sold to a merchant :<

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
Actually I prefer to see them on AH 3 days later so that someone who needs it will get it rather than it's being sold to a merchant :<
That way everybody would roll on everything, as it is now it's only a few idiots being stupid enough to do it.

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
They HAVE TO sort the problem with artis losing durability. I could well enough go through the entire xping process again (especially since it's easier now) in order to keep my 7(!) artis in template.

Wouldn't want to lose CB shield, Tartaros charge, Erinys bonuses, Jacinas charge, Scalars morph, Cloudsong safefall, GoV bonuses. What was the point of even buying Trials of Atlantis then?

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Tasslehoff said:
That way everybody would roll on everything, as it is now it's only a few idiots being stupid enough to do it.
Doubt it, N/G system works fine on bind on equip items aswell so why wouldn't it work on the curretly bind on pickup items? ^^

Haazheel

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
Are you seriously saying that a template without tartaros is not weaker? Tartaros is the outstandingly best staff in the game with 5% unrestricted dmg and mcl2 charge that can be used in combat. I sure as hell will be weaker without it ^^

A point into this zeb, tarts for friar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tarts for casters, its a proc on friars, and it procs @ ~30%, shame its sooooo slow :<

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Haazheel said:
A point into this zeb, tarts for friar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tarts for casters, its a proc on friars, and it procs @ ~30%, shame its sooooo slow :<
What does that have to do with anything? It's the outstandingly best staff for casters weather or not it's better for friars ^^

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Graendel said:
They HAVE TO sort the problem with artis losing durability. I could well enough go through the entire xping process again (especially since it's easier now) in order to keep my 7(!) artis in template.

Wouldn't want to lose CB shield, Tartaros charge, Erinys bonuses, Jacinas charge, Scalars morph, Cloudsong safefall, GoV bonuses. What was the point of even buying Trials of Atlantis then?

You get to keep your chain of itty-bitty guards running around after you...

Although I doubt any one would disagree that the durability is a major issue...

Making powerful non-repairable, non-replaceable items, giving them to the user base was always going to cause problems... It's like getting someone addicted to a drug then saying 'Sorry, you can't have that anymore. I need to push it to someone else instead'

When my artis expire, I'll be screwed... Some of them are just not replaceable by anything that even comes close :(

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:

actually i prefer baning those fucktards which is not the case in daoc as its tradeable... like going on raid with other char, randoming for pure profit sometimes and sadly that leads to grief, a way bigger than in wow due to the bop-system. Most of the ppl wont roll on bop items as selling it to a merchant aint worths it to get tagged as a retard later on. In daoc thats fair with the "rolling for alt, np u can buy it later bla bla bla..."

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
have gotten 2 items that was BoP rolled against my by ppl that dont need it, so I kinda hate that system and its realy crap, always somone that dosnt pay attention and roll anyway

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Dorin said:
actually i prefer baning those fucktards which is not the case in daoc as its tradeable... like going on raid with other char, randoming for pure profit sometimes and sadly that leads to grief, a way bigger than in wow due to the bop-system. Most of the ppl wont roll on bop items as selling it to a merchant aint worths it to get tagged as a retard later on. In daoc thats fair with the "rolling for alt, np u can buy it later bla bla bla..."
Well why do you join grps like that in daoc then? Whenever I've played with around a fg to exp in daoc and we've gotten anything we first check before anyone wants it before rolling and when you play in raids with lots of grp there is ofc another matter, but when you play in raids ppl lots of ppl do the same in wow and then at least it would be cool that you could buy it. Plus that some ppl will never be able to get the good stuff cuz' they don't have time or contacts to join the big raids and at least in daoc they can farm money when they have time and buy the item the want.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
BoP sounds like a rly retarded system tbh :p

Nilmeia

Fledgling Freddie
Ppl ofc put the best arti's with the best stats and magical abilities (MCL 2 from Tartaros >>>> all !!!) in their 1st template, when it breaks there will only be crap left :( Or ofc I can go farming ML 10 items eh... :kissit: @ PvE

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom