The end draws near...

Darkmack

One of Freddy's beloved
didn't realise axe was ever Fotm... and when toa came out sword was fotm? i think and hammer was fotm before so that would make me not fotm just think about it :touch:

I've been axe since the beginning of SI... Fotm is rolling a whorelock tbh :twak:

Dmack

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
finally uber OPed jerks getting back to normal :p

long live the durability drain :clap:

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
Unreplacable items wearing out is probably the stupidest thing mythic ever did tbh. Talk about penalising you for playing. :(

yeah i dont see the point innit, you lose a piece of your characther you've had for so long, it only causes frustration and has no game value at all...

Righthandof said:
finally uber OPed jerks getting back to normal :p

long live the durability drain :clap:

bullshit, year ago when i still played i knew a paladin who had his arti sword on 34% dur, and that was a pve player, losing those items you can never get again just sucks...

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
this is why im saving all my artis for the end ... mwha! :kissit:

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
yeah i dont see the point innit, you lose a piece of your characther you've had for so long, it only causes frustration and has no game value at all...
It forces you to create a new template hence spend more time in game which then leads to more money (in this case) for GOA. Fairly simple

And before you start saying but i will quit when..bla bla..wont happen

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Quinlan said:
It forces you to create a new template hence spend more time in game which then leads to more money (in this case) for GOA. Fairly simple
Make templates doesn't make you spend more time gaming. You have allready payed for the months you play and a new template or not I will still play them, the difference being that I have more fun with my old template :(

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
If I were a total retard I would create an mmorpg where you spend lots of hours getting items that then degrades and are in-replaceable!

Lucky there´s no such total retards :cheers:

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
Make templates doesn't make you spend more time gaming. You have allready payed for the months you play and a new template or not I will still play them, the difference being that I have more fun with my old template :(

What i ment is that you have to aquire x items again which takes time to pve in which you cant RvR. Yes i know the PVE part is boring but after that (short maybe) time you will be back in RvR and will get bored of the game a bit less fast. Just another timesink.

Before this didnt really happen since before items degraded to the point which yours are atm a new expantion came of which the items where better.

belxavier

Fledgling Freddie
Quinlan said:
What i ment is that you have to aquire x items again which takes time to pve in which you cant RvR. Yes i know the PVE part is boring but after that (short maybe) time you will be back in RvR and will get bored of the game a bit less fast. Just another timesink.

Before this didnt really happen since before items degraded to the point which yours are atm a new expantion came of which the items where better.

true enough on points there, but couldnt they still waste your time by makeing u say farm items similar to a scroll specific for arti in order to hand in say a book and get arti restored to its original condition this way u still have to pve but can also use the items which u spent money/time aquireing and which also suit you and your template best...

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
belxavier said:
true enough on points there, but couldnt they still waste your time by makeing u say farm items similar to a scroll specific for arti in order to hand in say a book and get arti restored to its original condition this way u still have to pve but can also use the items which u spent money/time aquireing and which also suit you and your template best...

Yes they could but they chose not too..and not much we can do about it

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Quinlan said:
I'm not sure I agree, I'll probably get bored of the game the more PvE I have to do not the RvR which I still enjoy alot and probably allways will. It's not the RvR factor that make most ppl leave it's everything around it. At least that's what I think, but maybe that's only me who knows :>

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
I'm not sure I agree, I'll probably get bored of the game the more PvE I have to do not the RvR which I still enjoy alot and probably allways will. It's not the RvR factor that make most ppl leave it's everything around it. At least that's what I think, but maybe that's only me who knows :>

I feel exactly the same. But you are probably willing to do some extra PVE to be able to enjoy RvR more. It is a thin line of when it is to much. But that is personal.

Btw just out of curiosity. Did you just repair it now and then or did you do it at the latest time. On the old pryd.net there was a very usefull thread on when to repair and more importantly when NOT to repair to get the maximum out of your items. Sadly that thread is no more atm

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Zebolt said:

I dunno really. If I look at my Vampiir (basically my latest TOA'ed char) it didnt take me much time to aquire my artifacts. Surely at times it involves asking (begging) around to help; but if at times you help people they will normally help you too the other way around.

Once you obtained the artifacts levelling itself is very easy. All 3 realms have decent camps in their frontiers which are good for solo and other camps good for (small) groups. I know with a Fins-group full leeches (lowering XP obviously) I could get like 4-5 levels / 2 hour session of mindkilling slaying of Fins.

It was a MAJOR pain in the beginning of TOA where all your arti's levelled in different spots, on different times etc. But nowadays its really not that hard.

Its just sad you got a template and some item decides to degrade so fast; sometimes its the only 'acceptable' thing for that slot without giving up damage/cast-speed etc. So be it in the end :/

Belomar

Part of the furniture
It's a bit ironic--you have all these powerful artifacts who have supposedly laid inactive for a thousand years, only to be discovered, activated, and decayed to uselessness within a few months' time. ;)

Oh, and Gimmly, did you get your RightNow reply yet? That is, the one that confirms what me and everyone else in this thread are saying? Why indeed would anyone ask a Swede anything about a roleplaying game?!? ;)

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Quinlan said:
I feel exactly the same. But you are probably willing to do some extra PVE to be able to enjoy RvR more. It is a thin line of when it is to much. But that is personal.

Btw just out of curiosity. Did you just repair it now and then or did you do it at the latest time. On the old pryd.net there was a very usefull thread on when to repair and more importantly when NOT to repair to get the maximum out of your items. Sadly that thread is no more atm

To get the maximum use out of tartaros you should repair it at 70%con each time, which will result in 11% durability loss. Artifacts degrade differently to normal items (which are con+1 durability loss)

Compton

Fledgling Freddie
willowywicca said:
To get the maximum use out of tartaros you should repair it at 70%con each time, which will result in 11% durability loss. Artifacts degrade differently to normal items (which are con+1 durability loss)

I thought it is best to repair at 91%: the arti degrades double as fast between 91-70%.

Are you sure that repairing an arti from 70% con doesnt take 31% dur? i.e. dur was at say 120% dur before you repaired?

I thought focus was affected by low con too tho.

Smackboy

Fledgling Freddie
I did pretty recently a quick test of mana drain differences between staff on 70% con or 100%. My findings were as follows:

[16:31:28] @@You say, "100% mana, focus test start, using Umbral Wave, lvl 42 pbae mezz"
[16:31:33] You begin casting a Umbral Wave spell!
[16:31:34] You are already casting a spell! You prepare this spell as a follow up!
[16:31:34] You are already casting a spell! You prepare this spell as a follow up!
[16:31:34] You cast a Umbral Wave Spell!
[16:31:34] You begin casting a Umbral Wave spell!
[16:31:35] You are already casting a spell! You prepare this spell as a follow up! ------------------
[16:32:09] You are already casting a spell! You prepare this spell as a follow up!
[16:32:09] You cast a Umbral Wave Spell!
[16:32:09] You don't have enough power to cast that!
[16:33:15] @@You say, "25 cast"
[16:33:36] @@You say, "with tartaros at 70% condition"

[16:39:39] @@You say, "test 2, tartaros at 100% condition"
[16:39:42] You stand up.
[16:39:44] You begin casting a Umbral Wave spell!
[16:39:44] You are already casting a spell! You prepare this spell as a follow up!
[16:39:44] You are already casting a spell! You prepare this spell as a follow up!------------------------------
[16:40:25] You are already casting a spell! You prepare this spell as a follow up!
[16:40:25] You cast a Umbral Wave Spell!
[16:40:25] You don't have enough power to cast that!
[16:41:48] @@You say, "28 casts"

So in my very very limited testing i found a difference at least, 25 cast at 70% con and 28 cast at 100%. Not so big difference but a small one non the less. With such a small sample and limited "test" you cant prove anything, but it indicates that the focus (or some of it) is lost at 70% con.

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Smackboy said:
I did pretty recently a quick test of mana drain differences between staff on 70% con or 100%. My findings were as follows:

[16:31:28] @@You say, "100% mana, focus test start, using Umbral Wave, lvl 42 pbae mezz"
[16:31:33] You begin casting a Umbral Wave spell!
[16:31:34] You cast a Umbral Wave Spell!
[16:31:34] You begin casting a Umbral Wave spell!
[16:31:35] You are already casting a spell! You prepare this spell as a follow up! ------------------
[16:32:09] You are already casting a spell! You prepare this spell as a follow up!
[16:32:09] You cast a Umbral Wave Spell!
[16:33:15] @@You say, "25 cast"
[16:33:36] @@You say, "with tartaros at 70% condition"

[16:39:39] @@You say, "test 2, tartaros at 100% condition"
[16:39:42] You stand up.
[16:39:44] You begin casting a Umbral Wave spell!
[16:39:44] You are already casting a spell! You prepare this spell as a follow up!
[16:39:44] You are already casting a spell! You prepare this spell as a follow up!------------------------------
[16:40:25] You are already casting a spell! You prepare this spell as a follow up!
[16:40:25] You cast a Umbral Wave Spell!
[16:40:25] You don't have enough power to cast that!
[16:41:48] @@You say, "28 casts"

So in my very very limited testing i found a difference at least, 25 cast at 70% con and 28 cast at 100%. Not so big difference but a small one non the less. With such a small sample and limited "test" you cant prove anything, but it indicates that the focus (or some of it) is lost at 70% con.

I did my testing by summoning and reclaiming power from cabalist pets.. I got the exact same amount of power back from each pet whether I was using a 70% or 100% staff (not the same staff tho), which meant the cost of pet summoning for a cabalist either isn't affected by focus at all, or else that the focus doesn't lower when you drop to 70% con..

And yes compton, artis degrade faster below 90%, but the lowered durability cost of repairing then outweights the increased rate. My tartaros was deaded long long ago, so yes I'm sure it wasn't that it was above 100%. I tested repairing at many different levels of con during it's life, and it was clear that repairing at 70% is unquestionably the best time for it. (other items like artifact armor/melee weapons should ofc be repaired sooner since their effectiveness is reduced more by lower con..)

Smackboy

Fledgling Freddie
willowywicca said:
I did my testing by summoning and reclaiming power from cabalist pets.. I got the exact same amount of power back from each pet whether I was using a 70% or 100% staff (not the same staff tho), which meant the cost of pet summoning for a cabalist either isn't affected by focus at all, or else that the focus doesn't lower when you drop to 70% con..

Summoning a SM pet is a % cost of your mana i belive, not a fixed mana cost, i.e 32 points/spell. It might very well be so that focus dosent effect those spells. Dont know if cabalist pet summoning is same as for SM thou.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I repair my staff at 90%, read the thin on VN boards but figured 90% was pretty much the same, easier to remember etc. Sometimes it came down to 87% or so cuz' of a long RvR session but never lower than that. Don't know if it was the right choise or not but that's what I did :>

Is your Tartaros is on 70%/0% Onigiri?

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Presumably they will build con repair into a new expansion as a carrot to get you to buy it.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Quinlan said:

I dont care about pveing and as zebolt mentioned making a new template costs no ingame time, the frustrating part is that your characther gets a little bit weaker instead of stronger which is ALWAYS demoralising to the characthers player

to make players get bored less fast they could for example remove the dur on artifacts and make the repair costs 10 times more (or 20 times you get the point), but they took the 'gone is gone forever' approach with artifacts

like i said they could have done a different approach, one that would make the player spend more time pveing or whatever without permantely destryoing something on their characther (with that i mean losing something you can never acquire again)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Morchaoron said:
I dont care about pveing and as zebolt mentioned making a new template costs no ingame time, the frustrating part is that your characther gets a little bit weaker instead of stronger which is ALWAYS demoralising to the characthers player

Wrong. You assume you can get the *PERFECT* template with the current means; and thats simply impossible. The way expansions work is that they introduce more and better items (UV-wise etc) so you can work towards a slightly better template every time. Say you got everything capped, 101 DEX, 101 INT, surely you could get abit more HP, AF ? Or crank up that matter-resist with another 5% !

Your template becomes different, not weaker. And seriously; do you really think somebody's missing 4% damage in this game where the typical caster-confrontation is over in 2.3 seconds? Be serious there :p

like i said they could have done a different approach, one that would make the player spend more time pveing or whatever without permantely destryoing something on their characther (with that i mean losing something you can never acquire again)

Well I would have preferred that too; but Mythic choose not to. Instead now every X amount of time u need to PvE again basically. Tedious yeah; but if you're so anal about PvE perhaps just keep RvR'ing without the +3 magic and the 5% more mana-consumption. Doubt you would notice it if Mythic changed that slowly on a gliding scale regardless :)

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:
Your template becomes different, not weaker.
Are you seriously saying that a template without tartaros is not weaker? Tartaros is the outstandingly best staff in the game with 5% unrestricted dmg and mcl2 charge that can be used in combat. I sure as hell will be weaker without it ^^

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Wrong. You assume you can get the *PERFECT* template with the current means; and thats simply impossible.

i dont assume anything and there is no perfect template, the template you choose just gets taken away from you, and the speed at which this occurs differs per class...
also its not just about the template, a piece of your characther is just gone forever which ALWAYS causes frustration

Puppet said:
Well I would have preferred that too; but Mythic choose not to. Instead now every X amount of time u need to PvE again basically. Tedious yeah; but if you're so anal about PvE perhaps just keep RvR'ing without the +3 magic and the 5% more mana-consumption. Doubt you would notice it if Mythic changed that slowly on a gliding scale regardless :)
with what i said i meant all artifacts not just this staff, you lose something you depended on and can never regain, and 'templates' have nothing to do with it

Jjuraa

Banned
i remember reading one of those fake patch notes a while back, which had something like:

"It will now be possible to improve the durability of Artifacts. Killing high-level TOA monsters, such as ML bosses or artifact encounter mobs will now slightly increase the durability on any Artifacts worn while slaying the beast"

if the other items hadnt been so stupid id have beleived those fake patch notes, simply because the above idea was such a good one.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Zebolt said:
Are you seriously saying that a template without tartaros is not weaker? Tartaros is the outstandingly best staff in the game with 5% unrestricted dmg and mcl2 charge that can be used in combat. I sure as hell will be weaker without it ^^

Im not very into caster-artifacts so correct me if Im wrong; but is it not possible to get caster-damage capped from other items? If I recall correctly there's also a staff which gives you an aura with the brain-buff thingie. That aura makes you 'stronger' too, right? But you lack that now. That's what I mean with 'different'. You simply cant have it 'all'. As said before; I dont know if thats even possible; but I imagine another mix of artifacts and items gives you the same damage; but different utility; in your case for example trading MCL2-charge for a damage-boost/range-charge (the brain-buff icon).

As non-caster I cant judge if that makes you stronger or weaker; I doubt its easy to compare; hence I picked 'different'

But if I see 5% unrestricted damage does that mean without Tartaros you will ALWAYS have lower magic-damage? If Tartaros isnt needed to hit the 10% cap you dont loose any damage; just exchange charges/utility.

Correct me if im wrong tho; I dont play caster-dude(tte)s

BTW Im not defending Mythic here; I think it sucks too; I got the same situation coming on my ranger; but I do understand the PoV from Mythic in this case. Eventho I dont agree with it obviously ;)

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic should take a look at the WoW Item System.

It's perfect.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Xeanor said:
Mythic should take a look at the WoW Item System.

It's perfect.

Bind on pickup sucks
Not being able to pass down your old items to guildies suck
AH sucks

Most of all...

Clueless kids playing warlocks and wizards rolling for a Rare bind on pickup shield when you play a paladin sucks.

reaching 60 in 1 month then realising theres no such thing as 'end game' in WOW sucks

PvP Sucks
PvE Semi sucks

eep gone a bit off topic, NM :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom