The current moderators

Are the current mods up to their task?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
lol no way, 20% warning for saying tilda sucks at daoc... :kissit:

he should be immediately stripped of mod just for that (among many others incidents)

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
I think the mod's suck but i dont rly care ;<

Tilda

Konah said:
lol no way, 20% warning for saying tilda sucks at daoc... :kissit:

he should be immediately stripped of mod just for that (among many others incidents)

lolol!
And on your logic you should be banned!
I'll do you a trade, you get banned from FH and Daoc, and i'll resign as a mod! :p

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
lolol!
And on your logic you should be banned!
I'll do you a trade, you get banned from FH and Daoc, and i'll resign as a mod! :p

A better world for all of us \o/

Most of the time they're fine, then once in a while when actual semi-interesting, and perhaps 'on the edge' threads come along, or they just get owned in some way they screw up bigtime, and they do this quite often unfortunately.
However, it's much better with them, than without them...probably :)

Zede

Part of the furniture
I got basically banned from FH for daring to make a 2nd "barrels scamming" thread -yet when a synergy member did just the same thing, nothing happened.

go figure.

wd tears

scarloc

Fledgling Freddie
There were very few "Mod whines" before now. Not sure if thats indicitive of anything though. In either case, I think this thread was setup as a discussion with good intentions, and not a flame bait for jupitus to get riled at. If the mods are getting criticism its (*possibly*) for a reason.

Gilbride

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
Anyone else voting 'no' just fuck off then.

continued.. said:
I'm sorely tempted to just gather up their names at the end of the poll and delete their ids, to be honest.

..and finale! said:
...whether it's through choice (aka people growing up a little) or through my ban stick.

Now, it's obviously the case that you're an admin, and it is your right to do all this, but it's quite the hipocrisy, asking people to "grow up", and a few sentences down threatening people to "take the ball and go home" like some average 8-year old.

I've asked this in a PM to one mod, haven't gotten an answer yet, so I guess it might as well be asked publicly when the thread's available, but isn't it rather ridiculous to consider every post, where forumusers ask moderators to actually stand up for their choices and explain their reasoning, if done in a civil tongue at that, modbaiting?

Yes, yes, you can ban anyone not behaving in accordance with your morale and point of view on different things, but damn, this is gonna be one onesided, and extremely dull, forum. As has been said already, moderating a forum is generally speaking a voluntary task, and moderators, and admins for that matter, are no more than human, and all the closing that's been going on has been in accordance with "the rules". Obviously, what people are trying to say is the rules are potentially too strict, and/or moderators are interpreting them too strictly.

A forum is nothing without its memberbase, and if you as a member aren't allowed to have an opinion that differs with whoever is in charge, then it's gonna be a tumbleweed-style forum shortly. Whatever floats your boat tho, I guess, you, and to some lesser extent the other mods, are the ones in charge, but if you can't handle people disagreeing with the way things are handled, you should seriously consider stepping down from that position. Not saying people slagging off mods to the right and left are handling it exceptionally well either, but deal with that part of things, not entire threads where people actually bring out sensible, and pretty wellarticulated responses. Right now, I'm prone to agree with the current majority of the poll, but then, I can to some extent understand mods being edgy with all the slagging that's been going on. Then again, that's when you need to take a time-out and not just go on a raging powertrip.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
It's kinda sad that people feel the need to bait mods into replying by posting overly offensive threads. You can tell the rest of the world that you dislike a mod in perfectly civilised English.

Or better yet, take your grievance and go away. Face it - if you disagree with a mod, there isn't a whole lot of things you can do about it. It's not like this place is a democracy to begin with. We're all here on the sufferance of the people who run this board. Whether your can get along or not is basically your own problem.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:
I got basically banned from FH for daring to make a 2nd "barrels scamming" thread -yet when a synergy member did just the same thing, nothing happened.

go figure.

wd tears

When threads are closed they are closed for a reason, it is not an excuse to start creating new ones. If you see anyone else doing this feel free to use the "Report Post" icon.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
big sigh!

This seems to happen every few weeks/months/whatever, someone posts something, for one reason or another it gets locked or deleted, the person who posted it gets his knickers in a twist and tries to start an uprising, at which time jupitus seems to enjoy coming in and telling people to fuck off or something along those lines :D

This keeps the furious quoters among us going for a few pages, then it generally seems to die down, sometimes after bans or whatever but its normally short lived, wonder why its so common these days though :touch:

The only real change we have now is that tears - aka "the jupitus mark 2" - who comes along and does some mild head breaking to get things moving a little faster :)

cant find any decent examples sadly, where was that long and tedious one in the general section not so long ago?

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Most dont like them (including me) because they take the fun out of the forum and they do it in a manner which to me smells of epeen...

Jupitus I simply cannot understand whats wrong with you here. Your customers (forum members are telling you theres a problem). If I read the way people describe the problem it seems 99% of the complaint posts are calm and senisble.

I mean telling 70 of your customer to "fuck off" because they didnt think your mods were doing a good job is just crazy.

You need to perhaps consider listening to the community rather than sticking your fingers up at it. Just read what people are telling you ffs and think about it for a minute. The fact this issue keeps rearing its head rather than fading away tells its own story.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
Most dont like them (including me) because they take the fun out of the forum and they do it in a manner which to me smells of epeen...

Jupitus I simply cannot understand whats wrong with you here. Your customers (forum members are telling you theres a problem). If I read the way people describe the problem it seems 99% of the complaint posts are calm and senisble.

I mean telling 70 of your customer to "fuck off" because they didnt think your mods were doing a good job is just crazy.

You need to perhaps consider listening to the community rather than sticking your fingers up at it. Just read what people are telling you ffs and think about it for a minute. The fact this issue keeps rearing its head rather than fading away tells its own story.

so maybe the forum needs a good cleanup...ban all that wont abide by rules and the rest wont have to listen to the same discussion 1k times. They wont be bullyied into creating a whiner forum, end of story. I think its really time for the "big" comunity to make their own forum. That would solve it wouldnt it? Or do they want to be able to stay just to whine here or what? i just dont get it tbh. is it that hard to create a forum? I see all this creativity when it comes to redicule people...photoshopping images...make funny whiny lil pages etc. But when it comes to do this little thing and move on it seems like they are stuck in quicksand .
eb.

Magicthise

Fledgling Freddie
Personally I think moderating any forum is a nightmare, and keeping everyone happy on a forum this size is impossible, so I would give them a break :)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
The fact this issue keeps rearing its head rather than fading away tells its own story.

What it tells me is that a large majority of the people playing DAoC still are kids with no idea of what real life actually is, and that many of the more "normal" players have moved on. In fact i'd say that at least 50% of the whiners are just your standard sheep that jump on the bandwagon of whatever forum idol they want to suck up to today.

If 70% of your playerbase are like this idiot:

Maril said:
Hello fucktards

I feel that the MODS on FH do not meet what should be the minimum requirements for brainskills on forum editing.

Then i'm not surprised that more posts complaining that they can't slag someone off because they didn't get their own way get created.
What amuses me is all the people saying that mods should be high RR people and that an RR1 isn't fit to be a mod. Or to put it in your language..

DAoC is all about memememememememememe. If a mod doesn't spend 50 hours a week farming RP's!! he is unfit to moderate a discussion about the idiot i'm calling a retard for adding on my fights meight!!!!

Dave J.

Banned
If the mods doesn't keep track of the RvR scene it must be hard to see what should be treated as an insult, or add-whine, or similar things no?

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
ebenezer said:
Or do they want to be able to stay just to whine here or what?

It's actually way more simple than that..

I'm guessing that most of the people complaining are actually schoolkids, now if they went into their teachers classroom at school and behaved like they do here they would be rather harshly dealt with. Instead here they can create multiple accounts and slag off the mods without any real comeback against them. It's simply a way of lashing out at an authority figure.
Moving to a new forum wouldn't help.. sure they would be able to hurl abuse at people, but it's not as much fun if the other person can just hurl it right back. The mods here have a semi-responsibility to not throw it back, but behave in a more sensible manner. It's why it's called mod-baiting.. it's only fun because the other person can't turn round and smack you back. Why do you think they all leap up and down with glee if Tilda posts a bad word.. it's not because it offended them in the slightest, it's cos they "won".

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Dave J. said:
If the mods doesn't keep track of the RvR scene it must be hard to see what should be treated as an insult, or add-whine, or similar things no?

Your writing in "english", well some of you manage that. Killing someone in an rvr zone doesn't pop a new meaning for the english language on your screen that you might miss if your don't go out there for 2 days.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Dukat said:
This seems to happen every few weeks/months/whatever, someone posts something, for one reason or another it gets locked or deleted, the person who posted it gets his knickers in a twist and tries to start an uprising, at which time jupitus seems to enjoy coming in and telling people to fuck off or something along those lines :D

thanks for generalising. maybe you would be happy to know that none of my posts have got deleted/locked in about a year, but while reading the forums thoughts like posted in this thread popped into my head. and when maril made his thread 'hello fucktards etc' and it got locked, i thought, what would a civil discussion bring to the table. guess we see the result.

Golena said:
Your writing in "english", well some of you manage that. Killing someone in an rvr zone doesn't pop a new meaning for the english language on your screen that you might miss if your don't go out there for 2 days.

What Are Moderators?
Moderators oversee specific forums. They generally have the ability to edit and delete posts, move threads, and perform other manipulations. Becoming a moderator for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are moderating.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Golena said:
It's actually way more simple than that..

I'm guessing that most of the people complaining are actually schoolkids, now if they went into their teachers classroom at school and behaved like they do here they would be rather harshly dealt with. Instead here they can create multiple accounts and slag off the mods without any real comeback against them. It's simply a way of lashing out at an authority figure.
Moving to a new forum wouldn't help.. sure they would be able to hurl abuse at people, but it's not as much fun if the other person can just hurl it right back. The mods here have a semi-responsibility to not throw it back, but behave in a more sensible manner. It's why it's called mod-baiting.. it's only fun because the other person can't turn round and smack you back. Why do you think they all leap up and down with glee if Tilda posts a bad word.. it's not because it offended them in the slightest, it's cos they "won".

Oh hi mr. homegrown psycho - analist. So instead of dealing with the complaints in a mature way, you call them schoolkids? In that case, lets take your example. Even in school a teacher would listen to what the childeren have to say. I wonder what would happen to a teacher, that would call the childeren *random insult*, didnt listen to what they where say'ing and ~60% of the classroom would whinge about it at home.
As posted by others, there's more to it then just mod baiting, but i guess you don't wanne see it. Here's an old, but good thread btw:
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=187206

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Tuthmes said:
Even in school a teacher would listen to what the childeren have to say.

And 5% of the population here might have a valid complaint which should be listened to..

Much like anything else however, if you take a valid complaint, then try to put it across using a mob of people who are either sheeplike following the current whine, or unable to construct a sentance that doesn't insult someone it's not going to get very far.

I'm also fairly sure that if 60% of the kids went home whining to their parents that the teachers wouldn't let them fight with each other they would be laughed at in the same way. I'm not saying the mods are perfect, i'm not saying they have always been right. I'm simply saying that at least 50% (probably closer to 80%) of the "the mods are crap" votes are simply from people who either have a personal vendetta against mod X because they stopped their precious whine or people who want to "look cool" in front of the cool kids.

If it really was that the mods were evil dicatators, then it would take someone about a day to set up another forum without them. Why has no-one bothered to do that if 70% of the people here really are unhappy and not just wanting to vent at someone eh?

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
And 5% of the population here might have a valid complaint which should be listened to..

Much like anything else however, if you take a valid complaint, then try to put it across using a mob of people who are either sheeplike following the current whine, or unable to construct a sentance that doesn't insult someone it's not going to get very far.

I'm also fairly sure that if 60% of the kids went home whining to their parents that the teachers wouldn't let them fight with each other they would be laughed at in the same way. I'm not saying the mods are perfect, i'm not saying they have always been right. I'm simply saying that at least 50% (probably closer to 80%) of the "the mods are crap" votes are simply from people who either have a personal vendetta against mod X because they stopped their precious whine or people who want to "look cool" in front of the cool kids.

If it really was that the mods were evil dicatators, then it would take someone about a day to set up another forum without them. Why has no-one bothered to do that if 70% of the people here really are unhappy and not just wanting to vent at someone eh?

good points:) but they seem to avoid the question about a new forum everytim this discussion comes up. Which makes me wonder what the agenda really is^^

scarloc

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:

I'd say you have a very biased (and wrong) view of certain groups of people (who I know are *generally* much older and much more intelligent than you give them credit for). Just because one or two are "daft" shouldnt lead to generalisation from you. I think the general feeling of those against the mods is that they mostly do a sterling job, but one or two seem to have their own reasons for modding - which is when things start to go off at a tangent.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
fl3a said:
Good day denizens of RvR discussions,

I feel that the moderators on Freddyshouse DAoC forums are rather incompetent, and maybe not at the height of their call of duty.
I believe that personnell with more experience in all fields of DAoC (not just PvE with a crossbow armsman) is needed, and it is time to get some new blood to the spots of power.
There are certain individuals who seem to enjoy having double standards as a perk for moderating the boards and there are some who seem to be just incapable of making the right decision regarding the closure and deletion of threads.
I ask you, do you believe the current mods are good enough for this great forum, or should some new blood be brought in?
I would also ask to have this thread remain unclosed, and in this section, due to the massive amount of moderation being needed in this section of Freddyshouse.

PS. maybe the current mods should refrain from voting 'yes' for themselves, due to them being kind of subjective

you know what shocks me is that you guys are complaining about moderation in what is basically a flame baiting thread that has not been locked after 6 pages. To me the evidence of tolerant moderating is right here in front of you.

As for those arguing against them I have yet to see a constructive post with clear lines of argument. If you really have a point please make it and make it clearly. Most of the arguments in this thread are fairly groundless you might think you have a point but you have failed to make it as yet. Its very disappointing because I would expect more from some of you.

As for all the child accusations - lets have the balls on us to keep it out of the school ground. If you have the guts debate clearly and lets have it out otherwise leave all of this its getting as tedious at DaoC is right now.

:(

So come on then where is the argument - the original poster started this where is your evidence? If your going to come out and make accusation at least have the guts to construct an argument instead of a biased and unconstructive poll.

athom

One of Freddy's beloved
lol @ these mods. edit posts for own interests and then lock the thread... seriously. Lo bestest forum in the whole world :england: givf spanish flag

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
athom said:
Tilda rox

Last edited by Tilda : Today at 04:21 PM.

Very mature, imitating a mod edit but your just proving how childish you are. Forum timestamps are shown in your current timezone, and the Last Edit font is smaller than post font.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom