The current moderators

Are the current mods up to their task?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
Actually you told me to 'fuck off and die irl retard' for daring to be near your group, not exactly 'could you plz stop adding'. Another member of your group (who actually I won't name as he isn't in this thread pretending to be a nice guy) was also PM'ing similar stuff at the same time. And yes 'elephant' is my middle name :p

thats a load of crap tbh .. ive never told anyone to die irl ... ever ... though i have had ppl from your groups telling us to fuck off etc prior to that particular time just coz i asked "if they could stop adding" .. and yes .. i said i was harsh on yah after i got 4-5 PMs from different ppl beeing abusive ..

anyways .. this is thread aint about me or Asylum group .. start another thread if yah dislike us so much ..

and yes get a few new mods .. :p and get a more diverse perspective on RvR :p

pip

Banned
Folk who /send stop adding should get a 3 day ban like they do for emotes imo:) like 1hr ago at dun crim got some idiot and co killing a solo so I nuke him get death spam he /rude me lol ok for them to zerg a solo but I can't hit him to? not like it was a 1v1 and it was in irvr with about 2 fg of hibs about to stealm roll us:) then this grp pull guards then the guy that /rude me have the cheek to say prech pbaoe the guards lol FO:wanker: I remember the good old days where mids used to stick together not no more game is full of selfish nerds that only think of there selves.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
pip said:
Folk who /send stop adding should get a 3 day ban like they do for emotes imo:) like 1hr ago at dun crim got some idiot and co killing a solo so I nuke him get death spam he /rude me lol ok for them to zerg a solo but I can't hit him to? not like it was a 1v1 and it was in irvr with about 2 fg of hibs about to stealm roll us:) then this grp pull guards then the guy that /rude me have the cheek to say prech pbaoe the guards lol FO:wanker: I remember the good old days where mids used to stick together not no more game is full of selfish nerds that only think of there selves.

I'm not sure if it's reassuring or disheartening to know it's not just Albs :mad:

But to go back on topic - it is precisely because the 'community' has degenerated so much in-game that the gaming community on FH has degenerated in a similar way and has led to the need to amend the CoC and make it more restrictive.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
All you who were asking urself why the mods have their forum rules, including little funny dwarf censi, look at this last page here and see the format for any thread you guys are in. Ends with adding whine and insults, however fine and delicate it is in beginning it always ends in this:) Thanx for proving the point yet another time.
eb.

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
ebenezer said:
All you who were asking urself why the mods have their forum rules, including little funny dwarf censi, look at this last page here and see the format for any thread you guys are in. Ends with adding whine and insults, however fine and delicate it is in beginning it always ends in this:) Thanx for proving the point yet another time.
eb.

Actually was one from the other camp that made it this way.

Loonatik

One of Freddy's beloved
After reading 5% of this thread I came to the conclusion that if people were allowed to be the complete arses on FH that they already seem to be, I'd have to cut down on reading.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Phake said:
Actually was one from the other camp that made it this way.

since FH is about daoc and you seem to herass people in game, ofc it spills out here. Poeple are reacting for what you guys do in game and thats why we always have these discussions. Its all about adding...90% or more and you all know it. Thats why we cant have any censible discussions ever here on FH. If you and others tell people to die in rl and go fuck ourselfs, how the heck to you suppose people will ever wanna have a normal discussion with you after that? And you are just one of over 100 people here on FH that prolly said the same in game^^

Ofc you and the rest want you new mods, if you say stuff like that the rules must be a torture for you!

Marc

FH is my second home
Phake said:
thats a load of crap tbh .. ive never told anyone to die irl ... ever ... though i have had ppl from your groups telling us to fuck off etc prior to that particular time just coz i asked "if they could stop adding" .. and yes .. i said i was harsh on yah after i got 4-5 PMs from different ppl beeing abusive ..

anyways .. this is thread aint about me or Asylum group .. start another thread if yah dislike us so much ..

and yes get a few new mods .. :p and get a more diverse perspective on RvR :p

FUCKING LOL. You told it me about 3 times in one night alone. Stop talking out of your arse Phake

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Phake said:
maybe you should try and chill alittle

I'm completely chilled thanks (don't equate my use of language to me being angry ;) ). I'm sat at work, having a laugh and watching you demonstrate the reason we have the modding we do far more eloquently than anything I could ever write. :drink:

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Well in the last few pages we have had one post on topic
a handfull of spam
a side order of add whine
and a large portion of flame

So this thread looks well and truly done, there are some valid points, discussions and feedback within this thread and I for one will be taking some points on board,

If you have a grievance with the actions of a mod feel free to drop a PM to one of the admins.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thanks Tears - that had run it's course.

I hadn't closed it previously because I wanted to see what would happen, and my suspicions were right in the way in which it turned into yet another of the crappy flamefests typical of add-whines epidemic we had before.

I will say this once more, and this is the last time I will explain the 'no add whine' rule:

The 'no add-whine' rule was put in because there was an ever-increasing number of threads spiralling downwards with accusatory and rude aggressive behaviour toward individual forum users which we find unacceptable. There is no 'zerg-whine', '8v8-whine' or 'iRvR-whine' rules because we do not have the same problem with flaming about these as we had with add-whine. If there was a rule ingame which suggested that 'adding' on fights was against the EULA then we would support people opposing this play style. There is no such ingame rule hence this is perfectly valid play.

That is it.

With regards this thread, I have mulled over the suggestions about another forum and I say this: If you want a forum where 'anything goes', you can flame away and use whatever language against one another (as has been requested) then why should the FH owners and admins spend time and money providing this service? That is not the spirit of FH at all. We want users here who enjoy a fun community spirit.

Sure - from time to time have a pop at people. There are plenty of cases where I have read flames at people and just chuckled. Other times I cringe a bit, but I have already explained that we can't necessarily ban the use of all terms and language, particularly in a day and age where the usage of particular words gets bastardized on such a regular basis (Censi - go and read what I said about the use of the word 'retard', understand it, then STFU with your pathetic, Im-much-smarter-than-any-mod-here attitude suggesting someone using it be banned).

Therefore I am turning down the request for an 'anything goes' forum.

As you are all aware, this thread has had plenty of attention from the mods and myself alike, and as Tears has already said he will, so the other mods will take on board the few pieces of feedback offered in more tempered ways by some of you (thank you to those who kept their heads :worthy: ).

Finally - for your amusement - Censi has PM'd Tears already moaning about his closing this thread. I am getting the PM from him and will handle as appropriate :england:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom