The current moderators

Are the current mods up to their task?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave J.

Banned
Jupitus, can i ask what your aim with this forumsite is? Is it to share information? Is it to let people joke around with eachother? Or to try and nurture serious discussions about the game and other things?

In other words, what intentions do you base the forum rules on? Could be nice to know, so that we might also understand the fh-coc a bit better :)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
i think he was saying that u dont have to post here if u dont want to...

its theyr forum, up to them how do the mod it. i could really understand the issue if it was DAOCs official board, but its not...

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Jupitus said:
Anyone else voting 'no' just fuck off then. Simple as that. Start your own board, bitch at each other on IRC or whatever. I don't care.

i am sorry you see us that way. what i was trying to do is get a general view on the subject (maybe i was using the wrong demographic as said by some, but i dont rightly believe so) and maybe give some ideas and views to the people high up on the foodchain of FH, eg you Jupitus, on how to make this a better place for all. freddyshouse has after all the best daoc forum out there and i will not stop posting here unless i am banned.
but it seems you rather tell us to fuck off than work for a better forum :)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Jupitus said:
Dallas - I removed your sig. I didn't like it.

Anyone else voting 'no' just fuck off then. Simple as that. Start your own board, bitch at each other on IRC or whatever. I don't care.

I'm sorely tempted to just gather up their names at the end of the poll and delete their ids, to be honest.

This bitching at the mods and baiting will stop, whether it's through choice (aka people growing up a little) or through my ban stick.

Vote away guys - have fun while you can.

Just fuck off then, huh? Well done on beeing an complete idiot, with no respect to other people, nor beeing able to take any critisism.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Himse said:
Sorry, but to me this is exactly why this pole was made. No offense really, but telling us all to fuck off, as a mod, isn't exactly setting a standard is it? ....

So while people on the 'no' side of the argument are calling the mods 'mongs', we should sit still and bite our tongues and not say anything back?

I'm not a mod, I'm an admin. In alot of ways I am the person calling the shots in the DAOC area and I have the backing to do so of Ted and Deebs, the owners. I have had enough of the mod-baiting and shit-throwing going around and I intend to put a stop to it.

- English -

Resident Freddy
there are a few good mods.. but then i feel tehre are some power hungry ones who just want to show their authority.. a psychologist would say they got bullied at school :p

peace ^^

kivik

Part of the furniture
Jupitus said:

The forum is great the only thing that is bad is the moderating. That's why we won't fuck off. Simple as that. Ban all of us or whatever. I don't care. :fluffle:

Himse

FH is my second home
Jupitus said:
So while people on the 'no' side of the argument are calling the mods 'mongs', we should sit still and bite our tongues and not say anything back?

I'm not a mod, I'm an admin. In alot of ways I am the person calling the shots in the DAOC area and I have the backing to do so of Ted and Deebs, the owners. I have had enough of the mod-baiting and shit-throwing going around and I intend to put a stop to it.

Well if your getting insults, ban the people who are insulting you? You sit here and make posts about how everyone who voted "no" is going to get banned, when you could just ban the people insulting you? Catch my drift?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tuthmes said:
Just fuck off then, huh? Well done on beeing an complete idiot, with no respect to other people, nor beeing able to take any critisism.

I'm no idiot - in fact I am probably quite a way over average intelligence. What I see is not 'some criticism', it is a constant mod-baiting attack from certain people who don't like their flaming or childish behaviour being closed or edited. I am sick of that - our mods shouldn't have to put up with shit like that day in and day out, so I am taking action on their behalf to stop it. Get it?

jasskass

Loyal Freddie
Himse said:
Well if your getting insults, ban the people who are insulting you? You sit here and make posts about how everyone who voted "no" is going to get banned, when you could just ban the people insulting you? Catch my drift?

I think the ammount of alcohol one would have to drink, to ever catch any of your drfits, strongly exceeds the ammount they have in the world.:england:

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
Well with the way its progressing now, in a couple days all thats left on FH is rr3 rangers nightshades and scouts lol.. Was fun while it lasted :)

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
i've got coffee and chocolate digestives with a hint of orange FUCKYEA!

Himse

FH is my second home
Jupitus said:
I'm no idiot - in fact I am probably quite a way over average intelligence. What I see is not 'some criticism', it is a constant mod-baiting attack from certain people who don't like their flaming or childish behaviour being closed or edited. I am sick of that - our mods shouldn't have to put up with shit like that day in and day out, so I am taking action on their behalf to stop it. Get it?

We are not doubting you intelligence in any way, shape or form. Were just trying to get the mods to act in a more sensible way and moderate the forum more efficiently than before. We are not flaming, you have lost the point of this thread, we are just asking questions, thats all.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Tuthmes said:
Originally Posted by Tuthmes
Explain to me why:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=200458

That thread gets closed after 8 pages and started of with a direct attack on some player for emote spamming.

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=200582

And this thread gets closed after 1.5 pages, when somebody's trying to tell his side of the story, without any pun inteded towards somebody else.

Originally Posted by Tears
Because I dont sit infront of this PC reading every post as its made.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

After that i pm'd him again and I asked him on what base he closed posts, but no reponce so far!

actually, william wrote a very decent reply in a new thread because the other one got locked - it was deleted before anyone could reply. useless.

in general i think the mods are decent, and because of the fact moderating is needed i don't think any of us are in the position to whine about them.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Jupitus said:

Yeh i get it, what you don't seem to get though, is the differance between mod baiting or simply disagree'ing with a mods opinion or in the worse case having double standards. Then you just tell em to fuck off with your above average intelligence ^^.
To keep it short. What you're saying is, if you don't agree with us, and make a post about it it, you're mod baiting, and thus you should fuckoff.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Himse said:
We are not doubting you intelligence in any way, shape or form. Were just trying to get the mods to act in a more sensible way and moderate the forum more efficiently than before. We are not flaming, you have lost the point of this thread, we are just asking questions, thats all.
You are not flaming, many others are, particularly in other threads.

And I still don't see how anyone can expect a meaningful result from this poll.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Kaun_IA said:
and players who run are rr11, run in 1337 gank grp should be the kings... right

Realm rank doesnt show enything.... (now waiting for the comments from someone, that im a lowby rr and dont know shit).

No it doesn't show everything, but a rr11 player is going to know a hell of alot more than a rr2 player. Agreek ?

As for the 1337 gank groups, well yes they should be kings. I'm quite sure if they had a bigger say than the rr2 rangers saying "zomg I can't solo, plz gifv more stuffz to pwn with kthx!" this game would be alot more even. IMO anyway.

Himse

FH is my second home
Void959 said:
You are not flaming, many others are, particularly in other threads.

And I still don't see how anyone can expect a meaningful result from this poll.

Neither can i really. :| Because nothing will ever happen, despite what the community says. It's exactly the same in game.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Dallas said:
Well with the way its progressing now, in a couple days all thats left on FH is rr3 rangers nightshades and scouts lol.. Was fun while it lasted :)

high rr doesnt make u a better person than the rr3 scout/ranger/ns or whatever.
i just dont get why some of the higher RR ppl think they should get special treatment or something. (again, ready for some idiotic comments me being low rr and stuff)

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
this is baiting:
Hello fucktards

I feel that the MODS on FH do not meet what should be the minimum requirements for brainskills on forum editing...

Through an extensive investigation it also appeared that **** is an abusive and corrupt power junkie...
overly offensive use of language as well as a personal attack and no recommendations as to what would be an impriovement

if it was sensible discusion it woulda been worded along the lines of:
state disagreement with moderation (no names n flames)
state what would be prefered/ exactly what u expect the moderators to do (ie what to lock/not lock, what sorta language u can use, stuff that should be acceptable to discuss/post links to)
ask others for their suggestions of what they would like to see

how bout the folks that have voted no here give their reasons why they voted no an not just say crap moderating. constructive criticism is useful and can be used to illicit change.flaming will only get a defensive response.
:fluffle:

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
lilmissnaughty said:
this is baiting:
overly offensive use of language as well as a personal attack and no recommendations as to what would be an impriovement

if it was sensible discusion it woulda been worded along the lines of:
state disagreement with moderation (no names n flames)
state what would be prefered/ exactly what u expect the moderators to do (ie what to lock/not lock, what sorta language u can use, stuff that should be acceptable to discuss/post links to)
ask others for their suggestions of what they would like to see

how bout the folks that have voted no here give their reasons why they voted no an not just say crap moderating. constructive criticism is useful and can be used to illicit change.flaming will only get a defensive response.
:fluffle:
well said :)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Vodkafairy said:
actually, william wrote a very decent reply in a new thread because the other one got locked - it was deleted before anyone could reply. useless.

in general i think the mods are decent, and because of the fact moderating is needed i don't think any of us are in the position to whine about them.

Yeh my point exactly. A very obvious attack on someone, gets left alone for 2 days, because the moderators fail to notice it?
I'm not saying mods are shit or something, but they fail to see the differance in mod baiting and some people actually trying to say something that makes sense. Yeh modding is needed, do appriciate the effort they put in there, but some "mod feeling"wouldnt hurt also.Some people have bin posting here for years and for some its the only way to communicate to the "other side" or get a general idea how people feel about a certain situation.

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Tuthmes said:
Yeh my point exactly. A very obvious attack on someone, gets left alone for 2 days, because the moderators fail to notice it?
I'm not saying mods are shit or something, but they fail to see the differance in mod baiting and some people actually trying to say something that makes sense. Yeh modding is needed, do appriciate the effort they put in there, but some "mod feeling"wouldnt hurt also.Some people have bin posting here for years and for some its the only way to communicate to the "other side" or get a general idea how people feel about a certain situation.

tbh, with that you can help the mods out yourself. You can use the in-game forum function of "report a bad post" or do what I do and go whine at a mod correctly if I think a thread needs dealing with.

Repeating stuff I have said elsewhere before, offensiveness is really, really in the eyes of the beholder and sometimes a mod will agree with you and sometimes not.

But seriously guys, the future of any community lies with the members and its up to you to make these forums what you want them to be, by your own behaviour.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
The third 'omg the mods suck' thread today, is it?

... Yawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom