The current moderators

Are the current mods up to their task?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Gilbride said:
So basically, what this comment says, if reading the words typed out, is that if there was a forum-section with different rules, i e less strict, everyone would move to use this forum. Doesn't this actually tell you that the rules are too strict, if you're expecting everyone, not just "the whiners" to move over to a possible new section with less strict rules?

^^

Well said that man!

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
My title on FH is tight Bastard. Do you know what a bastard is? Do you know that in a lot of countries around the world this is still a very heavy insulting swear word.

you also got /wanker emotes as people have pointed out.

such a load of bullshit being spouted here.

Noone has actually banned the use of the word retard here either - Jup posted a PM sent to him as an example of the balance he and the mods have to strike between different groups of users. There has then been some discussion about the social acceptability of the term but if you look at the FH CoC it does not say 'Thou shalt not post 'retard''

Clearly though this :wanker: emote is just someone with an itchy chin :)

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
quit with this im genuinly offended by the word retard horseshit bracken. its a load of fucking bullshit.

My title on FH is tight Bastard. Do you know what a bastard is? Do you know that in a lot of countries around the world this is still a very heavy insulting swear word.

you also got /wanker emotes as people have pointed out.

such a load of bullshit being spouted here.

If you cant see everyones point censi, you either are just totally different from the ones trying to comunicate with you....or your not listening or trying to. I dont think you believe that the word in itself is the issue here. You been a crusader against the mods and been a crusader for the avalibility to discuss adding and whine for so long now that you dont wanna see any other views then ur own^^.
I know humor is as different as everything else in life. People laugh their ass off seing babies fall and dogs doing stupid stuff in candid camera, and i just think its dull and tacky^^
I know you think its comedy to read people slag eachother off with curses and witty remarks. Most of ur friends are on irc as far as i understand yeh?
So why cant that fill that space of comedy for you instead of here were its not wanted?
Or is the wish to get back at someone so strong( for adding or anything) that you need all people colected here so you and everyone can take evenge and vent frustration at them at anytime?
Im just trying to undetand this obsession with this whole thing. if the mods decide they wanna have a less strict forum which alows people to use personal attacks and let epople whine all over the place i would just leave, and never use FH, cause it wouldnt be my cuppa of tea anymore. Why cant you do the same?
eb.

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
Why are ppl so over sensitive? .. If this will continue we might as well call this play DAoC kindergarden.

for the mods .. some of you suck ..and some of you are good .. though i may have a screwed up view of how it really is .. but i guess u cant like them all .. I would like to know what the qualifications are on FH to be a mod? .. not that i want to be one .. just in generall? .. i mean .. do you have to know someone? .. or have sertain skills? .. or is it based on posting rate? .. or what? .. :p

Gamah

Banned
Phake said:
Why are ppl so over sensitive? .. If this will continue we might as well call this play DAoC kindergarden.

for the mods .. some of you suck ..and some of you are good .. though i may have a screwed up view of how it really is .. but i guess u cant like them all .. I would like to know what the qualifications are on FH to be a mod? .. not that i want to be one .. just in generall? .. i mean .. do you have to know someone? .. or have sertain skills? .. or is it based on posting rate? .. or what? .. :p

If it was based on posting rate, I would have been a mod a lonnng time ago :p

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Phake said:

i think its quite obvious why some poeple become mods and why some just not suited . You can see that all mods seem to have a good command of the english language. But more important they seem a whole lot mature then many of the posters and thats prolly needed to maintain some resemblance of order on a forum like this:p Also alot of you say they are biased, and sure they might favour some opinions more then others...but so would any mature person do when they have one poster who only write that people are retard adders....and then another poster( maybe a zerger!) that have his discussions in a mature and adult way. Even if it would be a person that never played daoc camelot and he is a mature guy, he would get biased after modding this forum for a week. seriously....who with some ounce of morale would ever get ona guys side that sais to people to die in rl...or that they are retards 24/7? Its not that hard to understand, and if it is maybe you are not mature nough to see the conection:p
eb.

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
ebenezer said:
i think its quite obvious why some poeple become mods and why some just not suited . You can see that all mods seem to have a good command of the english language. But more important they seem a whole lot mature then many of the posters and thats prolly needed to maintain some resemblance of order on a forum like this:p Also alot of you say they are biased, and sure they might favour some opinions more then others...but so would any mature person do when they have one poster who only write that people are retard adders....and then another poster( maybe a zerger!) that have his discussions in a mature and adult way. Even if it would be a person that never played daoc camelot and he is a mature guy, he would get biased after modding this forum for a week. seriously....who with some ounce of morale would ever get ona guys side that sais to people to die in rl...or that they are retards 24/7? Its not that hard to understand, and if it is maybe you are not mature nough to see the conection:p
eb.

ofcuz i understand that they need to be sufficient in the english language and all that .. but i mean .. mature? .. some of the mods dont come across as mature if you ask me .

censi

Can't get enough of FH
I cant see everyones point ebeeenzer. and I definetly cannot see anypoint from your posts. dont take this the wrong way but you talk far to much and say far to little, wtf are u on about.

let me translate the point of my last post to you.

FH use swear words more insulting that the word "retard" (evening though measuring how insulting something is can be subjective), so its a tad fucked up for them to get the arse (or ban) people using the word retard.

simple enough for you. now answer my point simply without a 5 page essay.

Gilbride

Fledgling Freddie
ebenezer said:
eb.

Of course it's only human to be biased about such a thing, but the thing is, as a moderator you're not supposed to be biased based on what playstyle whoever spouts some crap sides with, but rather wag your moderating finger at whatever transgression he's made, regardless of playstyle. Taking up a position of some power over others comes with the responsibility of that very position. Thus meaning you're not supposed to put any value whatsoever in what playstyle said person represents, nor whichever playstyle you privately represent, but rather has the person transgressed whatever rules exist concerning posting. For someone such as an admin, this also means keeping rules unbiased so as to provide a fair postingground for the entire userbase.

This is pretty much regardless of this current discussion concerning whether the rules are too strict or not.

As to what censi's speaking about, I'm kinda bound to agree with him, because the only thing he's currently ranting about is the hipocrisy of people whining about the language some people use, while FH as a forum displays a similar language, simply depending on which cultural view you have on the use of some words that may or may not be offensive. Harmonized ruling for the win!

pip

Banned
You all no I am great mods, so ffs give me some green lights that black box takes me back to when I was in a park and some lady open her legs :puke:

censi

Can't get enough of FH
bracken hilarious! awsome! gr8 post! gratz!

I didnt say "It's fucked up we can't say retard!" I explained and gave examples of things FH provide and endorse which are equally offensive. So its smells of bullshit to start getting all sensitive over one word. (and its the retards getting sensitive :) )

also another one. women readers might find things like this offensive. On the gallery section theres a babe of the day section

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/231/cat/506

the point is we are all adults. so cut out all the bullshit.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
I cant see everyones point ebeeenzer. and I definetly cannot see anypoint from your posts. dont take this the wrong way but you talk far to much and say far to little, wtf are u on about.

let me translate the point of my last post to you.

FH use swear words more insulting that the word "retard" (evening though measuring how insulting something is can be subjective), so its a tad fucked up for them to get the arse (or ban) people using the word retard.

simple enough for you. now answer my point simply without a 5 page essay.

well some in my essay said that you just not wanna understand or we are all just to different:p
And i hope we are just different then. if you cant understand the difference between using a curse( whatever really) in one type of situasion and another, and be able to use it were its aproperiate, then you just cant^^ I cant help you with that really...someone wise that you do respect or trust in ur circle of trust might be able to help you:p
My question remains also though, why cant you just accept the rules when i can? whatever the outcome of the mods decision will be.
And what do you really want? Why this obsession about attacking mods to able you to whine and talk about adding?
Try and explain it as mature as you possibly can and il do the same back:)
eb.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Do i really have to keep fucking repeating myself. you are one seriously fucking stupid err dude. forgive my strong language but you just keep coming back with random shit completly neglecting the point veering off on a completly different tangent or raising completly fucking worthless points. (and thats putting it politely)

PS tip dont try and sound intelligent make your point short and simple because your english suxs balls (even though its 100% better than my german or swedish or whatever yes)

the arguement is that basically calling someone a retard in any context is a nono because the real life meaning of retard is like someone with mental problems or whatever. and lots of people know people with mental problems or whatever.... etc etc. etc..

ok...

Now take the word bastered. Say I was raised in kazakstain and someone called me a bastard and I was a bastared. I would be just as insulted as someone calling someone a retard who knew an IRL retard.

that is my point. do you understand this point? do you think this point is valid??? can you make a reply that discusses this point without talking about random bullshit number 124332423#.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Gilbride said:
Of course it's only human to be biased about such a thing, but the thing is, as a moderator you're not supposed to be biased based on what playstyle whoever spouts some crap sides with, but rather wag your moderating finger at whatever transgression he's made, regardless of playstyle. Taking up a position of some power over others comes with the responsibility of that very position. Thus meaning you're not supposed to put any value whatsoever in what playstyle said person represents, nor whichever playstyle you privately represent, but rather has the person transgressed whatever rules exist concerning posting. For someone such as an admin, this also means keeping rules unbiased so as to provide a fair postingground for the entire userbase.

This is pretty much regardless of this current discussion concerning whether the rules are too strict or not.

As to what censi's speaking about, I'm kinda bound to agree with him, because the only thing he's currently ranting about is the hipocrisy of people whining about the language some people use, while FH as a forum displays a similar language, simply depending on which cultural view you have on the use of some words that may or may not be offensive. Harmonized ruling for the win!

My meaning about being biased was, that regardless of playstyle i think a human being get biased against people not being able to have a mature discussion. Regardless of his playstyle. if someone behaves like an idiot towards others and the mods have the intention to stop that with their rules, they would be on the "other" side no matter who or what they respresent. And i think they do that. For some reason the "Whining" side come across using much more crap then the "other" side. Why that is someone better then me have to explain. But thats how it is in 90% of the discussions here. If you wanna have a mod with another opinion well this seem to be the wrong forum? If these are the rules they really wanna enforce, then ofc they will be biased towards that. otheriwse you will have to employ a robot. And he would still just ban after the rules though:p
If you wanna get to root with this and change the whole policy and concept of the forum maybe talk to the creator and founder or the top guy? Cause blaming mods that follow the ruleset i dont think is the right way in that case...what you guys need is either a totally new forum with ur own mods having same relaxed view....or change this one totally.
Gl:)
eb.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
Do i really have to keep fucking repeating myself. you are one seriously fucking stupid err dude. forgive my strong language but you just keep coming back with random shit completly neglecting the point veering off on a completly different tangent or raising completly fucking worthless points. (and thats putting it politely)

PS tip dont try and sound intelligent make your point short and simple because your english suxs balls (even though its 100% better than my german or swedish or whatever yes)

the arguement is that basically calling someone a retard in any context is a nono because the real life meaning of retard is like someone with mental problems or whatever. and lots of people know people with mental problems or whatever.... etc etc. etc..

ok...

Now take the word bastered. Say I was raised in kazakstain and someone called me a bastard and I was a bastared. I would be just as insulted as someone calling someone a retard who knew an IRL retard.

that is my point. do you understand this point? do you think this point is valid??? can you make a reply that discusses this point without talking about random bullshit number 124332423#.

LOL...well you really come across like smart guy censi..good command of the english language or not^^
You just gave up any reasoable discussion by showing ur right self once again. I tried to make reasonable questioning that you just cant answer dude.
I allready understood your litte point about retard dude( trying to use dude as its a word you might understand). Thats not the fucking issue in this whole discussion little funny man. The issue is how you use those words...having you fucking read anything ?? re read sharks point to you and you might fucking learn something. I can call my friend a retard without coming across like an asshole. I can call my friends a lot if i do it in the right way. If you however use a word in the wrong context you can come across like an asshole and will deal with the consequense, and thats why this fucking discussion is coming up over and over again. You and other imature people on this forum keep writing ur stupid shit and attack people in ur whine posts and you get mods on you. So get a fucking clue and accept how it is.

Make a leet fucking whine forum so and you can use all the dude , fuck , retard in any fucking way you want dude.
That was the last i read from you cluseless little kid , if you cant discuss like an adult then just dont do it. I tried puting up with ur antics and tried listen to you cause 5% of the time you come up with something intresting to read. But now you showed why people like you just cant have anything usefull to say or why the mods are baning stuff poeple like you say. And the sad thing is you will never understand why, you are just a bitter little sad leet kid with nothing better to do then attack people and trying to force ur way onto everyone...
ignore for the win.
over and out..

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
I think more people would read your posts if they didnt get a headache from just the overview.

scarloc

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
I think more people would read your posts if they didnt get a headache from just the overview.

repped, welcome to paragraphs.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:

they wont have to anymore:)
Even though i know some people apreciated reading something more constructive. Im not gonna bother anymore though. Even if me and others try and make a meaningfull discussion, people like censi will destroy everything by insult you and make a pissing contest of the whole post. nah im fed up with it. Im not gonna read the rvr section anymore at all. Im gonna answer grats threads and read raids, im tired of trying to be reasonable with a bunch of kids( the ones that are). To bad you are pushing the people that do wanna try and discuss with you...but in end that might not be waht you want anyhow.

I realised today what a waste of my life its been to bother about discussing on FH. People do what they want in game and i couldnt be bothered less. 80% here are hypocrites and are discussing things they most of the times do themself( like little censi).
Enjoy Fh whatever becomes of it.
over and out..

scarloc

Fledgling Freddie
man, such drama. People either do or dont read your posts, someone takes apart your (admittedly poor) formatting and BOOM! its been such a "waste of your life".

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Anyone have anything on topic to add to all this?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:

Looks like its coming to a close.... can I go out to play now dad ?

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
I explained and gave examples of things FH provide and endorse which are equally offensive.

In your humble opinion. Look, it's irrelevant whether you or me find one word or other offensive. The fact is there is a code of conduct which we have to abide by. Most of us have broken it before now, got the slap on the wrist and moved on. Now instead of getting in a hissy fit over what you can and can't say just accept it - if you call someone in this forum a "retard" (amongst other things) you're going to get into hot water. When you've picked up your toys you might want to ask yourself is it really so important to you to be going round calling people "retard"?

pip

Banned
Bracken said:
In your humble opinion. Look, it's irrelevant whether you or me find one word or other offensive. The fact is there is a code of conduct which we have to abide by. Most of us have broken it before now, got the slap on the wrist and moved on. Now instead of getting in a hissy fit over what you can and can't say just accept it - if you call someone in this forum a "retard" (amongst other things) you're going to get into hot water. When you've picked up your toys you might want to ask yourself is it really so important to you to be going round calling people "retard"?
Yes but censi is a retard ? hense the name druggie:)

andeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Jupitus said:

since you implemented the new rules regarding add whine the forum is boring to read, furthermore fuhrer flimgoblin and his fellow brownshirt mods adhere to the new rules too strictly. This is why the 1st page of the rvr section contained 95% grats threads before the grats thread section was opened. Now pretty much every thread is about albs xrealming or ruining rvr with teh zerg.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
andeh said:
since you implemented the new rules regarding add whine the forum is boring to read, furthermore fuhrer flimgoblin and his fellow brownshirt mods adhere to the new rules too strictly. This is why the 1st page of the rvr section contained 95% grats threads before the grats thread section was opened. Now pretty much every thread is about albs xrealming or ruining rvr with teh zerg.

Yea, and if you mantioned zerging or adding, you get warned. :(

Hence why I stick to off-topic, much more fun to play with Tears there :fluffle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom