The current moderators

Are the current mods up to their task?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:
Looks like its coming to a close.... can I go out to play now dad ?
Feel free to, but remember: Don't take money from strange old men!

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Yes but censi is a retard ?

so is this like a bannable offense then?

Im very offended as my brothers mates cousin said his mum met an IRL retard once!

Entran

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
Do i really have to keep fucking repeating myself. you are one seriously fucking stupid err dude. forgive my strong language but you just keep coming back with random shit completly neglecting the point veering off on a completly different tangent or raising completly fucking worthless points. (and thats putting it politely)

PS tip dont try and sound intelligent make your point short and simple because your english suxs balls (even though its 100% better than my german or swedish or whatever yes)

the arguement is that basically calling someone a retard in any context is a nono because the real life meaning of retard is like someone with mental problems or whatever. and lots of people know people with mental problems or whatever.... etc etc. etc..

ok...

Now take the word bastered. Say I was raised in kazakstain and someone called me a bastard and I was a bastared. I would be just as insulted as someone calling someone a retard who knew an IRL retard.

that is my point. do you understand this point? do you think this point is valid??? can you make a reply that discusses this point without talking about random bullshit number 124332423#.

You really are a little prick arent you. Ebe is one of the nicest guys playing this game and will help anyone. And thanks to your childish little shit you have alienated him from doing this further. Gratz, have a cookie and some leet kudos points. And then grow the fuck up

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
to be honest ebe has always been quite inflammatory in his past, i think i remember back to when he used to make his first few posts they were always some argument ;)
and i also have to admit i can never read his posts at all due to their form. (sorry)

and whats with wanting to close threads so much Tears? i really dont get it.

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
but more to the point. Now with a clear 2/3 of people unhappy with the way that these boards are moderated, is anything going to change?

i realise that a mod has a seemingly thankless task. i personally have volunteered several times to be a mod and would love the job. so i dont really take the view of mods doing it for nothing. personally ive been a mod before in other communities and enjoyed it.

but i still feel that things could be done differently- actually letting things slide more, letting the community get on with things. in my opinion the best mods are ones you dont even know are there.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Hmmm, a long thread! A couple of things I'd like to comment on regarding moderation/administration.

Don't ignore the numbers voting no by coming up with your own figures to try and avoid it. There is a section of the playerbase which isn't that happy with the current moderation. Personally I haven't voted in this poll because although things aren't that bad, improvements could be made.

A good start to try and improve the forums would be to improve your own postings. So far in this thread alone the users have been told to fuck off, that 90% of us don't pay so you don't care, etc. The current attitude is awful, you should be setting an example to other forum users. :p

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Novamir said:
but i still feel that things could be done differently- actually letting things slide more, letting the community get on with things. in my opinion the best mods are ones you dont even know are there.

What exactly IS it that you want? Let's face it, this isn't about the occasional FAO thread being closed on the basis they could pm. It's about people wanting to be "free" to call people retards, to whine about adds, to bitch about the n00bs still playing the game as they've always done, and generally be *****. It doesn't matter how reasonably you couch it, that's what it boils down to. Like I've said in previous posts, I couldn't care less what words are allowed. But I just don't get what this obsession is that people have with wanting to act like arseholes. The closest explanation we've had is that it's funny. Well f*ck me, if people are that desperate to get their fun by being ***** to other users of an internet forum then they've got a serious problem.

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
If you read back a few posts you can see what I want.

But basically yea I think people should be allowed to whine, insult and bitch at each other as long as it doesnt take the form of a vicious personal attack.

Unlike some, I feel that forum posters can defend themselves against unfair criticism adequately and dont mind doing so without the Mods' intervention.

But this a personal opinion and I dont expect you to agree (and you clearly dont, and I don't care).

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Censi, you used to be much nicer :( I want back the old you from the days of olde.

And on topic. I think the situation of the RvR discussion forum is so bad, cause nearly every post ends up with people going totally off topic and slagging each other off with totally uninteresting arguments. If you ask about people's opinions on heal procs for friars, you'll get the whole tragedy of the Albion realm as such. If you ask what people think of nerf of class X, you'll get personal attacks against the most well known players of that certain class.

Yer, I like the off-topic forum aswell, cause at least people can discuss there (well most of the time, a lil fun is always good =)) ) and exchange opinions without trying to kill each other verbally.

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think the mods do a bad job really, and being a mod can be a real hard job to please all especially on such a large board such as this.
I can't condone the comment about 90% of us not paying but I'm in the 10% so did'nt take that too personally :)

I recently saw a certain mod in Off-topic purposley winding a known volitile user up which I found disgusting as if it had been the other way round would have been classed as mod-baiting and feel this certain mod should show a sense of maturity and set an example.

But on the whole they do a good job and as mentioned before the RvR section is place of insults and childish fuckers trying to wind each other up.
I do however still view it for my own enterainment at how serious some people take a game and how upset they get :)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
GReaper said:
Hmmm, a long thread! A couple of things I'd like to comment on regarding moderation/administration.

Don't ignore the numbers voting no by coming up with your own figures to try and avoid it. There is a section of the playerbase which isn't that happy with the current moderation. Personally I haven't voted in this poll because although things aren't that bad, improvements could be made.

A good start to try and improve the forums would be to improve your own postings. So far in this thread alone the users have been told to fuck off, that 90% of us don't pay so you don't care, etc. The current attitude is awful, you should be setting an example to other forum users. :p

repped since it all makes perfect sense and some points raised are defo worth thinking about for jup&co.

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
What exactly IS it that you want? Let's face it, this isn't about the occasional FAO thread being closed on the basis they could pm. It's about people wanting to be "free" to call people retards, to whine about adds, to bitch about the n00bs still playing the game as they've always done, and generally be *****. It doesn't matter how reasonably you couch it, that's what it boils down to. Like I've said in previous posts, I couldn't care less what words are allowed. But I just don't get what this obsession is that people have with wanting to act like arseholes. The closest explanation we've had is that it's funny. Well f*ck me, if people are that desperate to get their fun by being ***** to other users of an internet forum then they've got a serious problem.

it's funny that even though you don't use all the really bad forbidden words yourself, your posts are amongst the most agressive ones in this topic.

If you don't like bitching, why do it yourself

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I wonder why 90% of us ain't paying, but guess the poll answered itself, maybe u should tell the Yes population to fuck off and pay since they are happy with the moderation? ^^

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:

and yet one of the biggest arseholes on this thread atleast are you bracken .. u should really take a chill pill or something.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:
Looks like its coming to a close.... can I go out to play now dad ?

I am your real father and no your grounded :(

And yes close the thread for the reason that it is now off topic and irelevent, its turned into people calling others name likes "retard" which is something i found insulting;) And i think everyone has pretty much said what they wont to say.

/thread close

athom

One of Freddy's beloved
Sollers said:
it's funny that even though you don't use all the really bad forbidden words yourself, your posts are amongst the most agressive ones in this topic.

because hes stupid. loooool personal attack, close the thread!!!!! (or remove my post *hint*)

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
~Light travels faster than sound. That´s why some people appear bright until you hear them speak~

you are so aiming that at me:<

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Sollers said:

I'm easy either way. If we're allowed to bitch at each other then I'll join in. If we're not I'm not going to come on here, make a poll about and slag off the mods (who try and keep these boards decent for nothing) and generally crying like a f*cking 2 year old because I can't get my rocks off by calling people retards or generally belittling them over a computer game.

Phake said:
and yet one of the biggest arseholes on this thread atleast are you bracken .. u should really take a chill pill or something.

I'm an arsehole because I don't understand the obsession that you lot have with having to bitch, whine and insult each other? (In your case since you discovered irc + rps). When you grow up you might one day realise that being a **** to people isn't the be all and end all of human existence. Yes I've dished it out in this (and other) threads, but it's not because someone "added" on me in a computer game or I can't get my own way. I only do it when someone's acting like a **** towards me or other human beings.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Novamir said:
But basically yea I think people should be allowed to whine, insult and bitch at each other as long as it doesnt take the form of a vicious personal attack.

But why? Seriously, why is it so important to you?

And incidentally your "bitching" would be another person's vicious personal attack - and more often than not it's against someone who's done nothing other than play this game as they always have done. People shouldn't HAVE to defend themselves against someone throwing a tantrum over some pixels. Whether they are able to defend themselves or not without mods intervention is actually irrelevant.

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
I'm an arsehole because I don't understand the obsession that you lot have with having to bitch, whine and insult each other? (In your case since you discovered irc + rps). When you grow up you might one day realise that being a **** to people isn't the be all and end all of human existence. Yes I've dished it out in this (and other) threads, but it's not because someone "added" on me in a computer game or I can't get my own way. I only do it when someone's acting like a **** towards me or other human beings.

hrm .. maybe you should try and chill alittle as i said .. this cant clearly be good for your health. you are saying in one hand that ppl shouldnt behave like arseholes .. and yet you do .. common .. its kinda getting old to hear you whine on all ppl that wants to play this game that they want..... just to bring your own arguments against you .. coz you clearly are .. guess your still angry coz we diddnt wanna group you anymore in the asylum group coz you sucked 2 much.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Novamir said:
to be honest ebe has always been quite inflammatory in his past, i think i remember back to when he used to make his first few posts they were always some argument ;)
and i also have to admit i can never read his posts at all due to their form. (sorry)

and whats with wanting to close threads so much Tears? i really dont get it.

you have a good memory lol! Just a thought though, i always been lasy and used my long writing without dividing text like now, how can you remember that when you dont even read my posts:p?
And yes, had some spare time so decided to check the replies from people i havent yet ignored^^

And about having an argument nova, well would you preferr me to be of the other catagory of this forum, devoid of any point and just use personal attack?
eb.

occy

Loyal Freddie
Phake said:
hrm .. maybe you should try and chill alittle as i said .. this cant clearly be good for your health. you are saying in one hand that ppl shouldnt behave like arseholes .. and yet you do .. common .. its kinda getting old to hear you whine on all ppl that wants to play this game that they want..... just to bring your own arguments against you .. coz you clearly are .. guess your still angry coz we diddnt wanna group you anymore in the asylum group coz you sucked 2 much.

lol @ this poster :D

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
occy said:
lol @ this poster :D

no lol @ bracken and his aggressive and "loud" posts all over FH ..since Bracken dont know anything about me .. so why does he comment about me beeing an arsehole etc ...

Marc

FH is my second home
Phake said:
no lol @ bracken and his aggressive and "loud" posts all over FH ..since Bracken dont know anything about me .. so why does he comment about me beeing an arsehole etc ...

Maybe he has had the (dis)pleasure of meeting you in game. In my 4 years playing this game, with the exception of possibly Awful, I have never come across anyone as foul mouthed and down right rude as you are in game. Our crime? Comming into clip range of your fg when fighting an enemy group.

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
Maybe he has had the (dis)pleasure of meeting you in game. In my 4 years playing this game, with the exception of possibly Awful, I have never come across anyone as foul mouthed and down right rude as you are in game. Our crime? Comming into clip range of your fg when fighting an enemy group.

lol wtf are you talking about? .. seriously?

i have bitched about adding afew times ingame .. though only to the ones that have bitched from the start .. laughing etc when they have added .. yelling "for arthur! .. or rather we play the game as we want piss off" .. when i have asked them to be kind and not ruining the fun for our group .. so dont come and pull shit out of yer pants man .. coz that wont work ..

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Phake said:
lol wtf are you talking about? .. seriously?

i have bitched about adding afew times ingame .. though only to the ones that have bitched from the start .. laughing etc when they have added .. yelling "for arthur! .. or rather we play the game as we want piss off" .. when i have asked them to be kind and not ruining the fun for our group .. so dont come and pull shit out of yer pants man .. coz that wont work ..

What utter rubbish you and your group were extremely abusive to me about perceived 'adding', certainly not humourus or even 'asking'. Now sure I 'deserve' it because I was well known for leading 'zerg' BGs at the time and you were fighting near the docks in HW so clearly out of the way of potential 'adds'. Such short memories people have.

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
What utter rubbish you and your group were extremely abusive to me about perceived 'adding', certainly not humourus or even 'asking'. Now sure I 'deserve' it because I was well known for leading 'zerg' BGs at the time and you were fighting near the docks in HW so clearly out of the way of potential 'adds'. Such short memories people have.

lol Javai .. yeah i remember that .. you should also remember that i started out asking " could you plz stop adding" or something align with that .. and then whole hell brake loose .. 4-5 ppl pming me piss off etc if you dont want adds .. since you were the somewhat leader as i gathered it my replies went back to you .. and yes i was harsh that time .. coz i got jumped with PMs from so many ppl who were telling me to piss off coz i clearly diddnt play the way they did ..

Edit : .. i ofcuz cant speak for the rest of asylum ... its up to the individuals how abusive they want to be to their surroundings .. as long as they arent absuive in the group :p ..even though that happens sometimes hehe :p

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Phake said:
lol Javai .. yeah i remember that .. you should also remember that i started out asking " could you plz stop adding" or something align with that .. and then whole hell brake loose .. 4-5 ppl pming me piss off etc if you dont want adds .. since you were the somewhat leader as i gathered it my replies went back to you .. and yes i was harsh that time .. coz i got jumped with PMs from so many ppl who were telling me to piss off coz i clearly diddnt play the way they did ..

Actually you told me to 'fuck off and die irl retard' for daring to be near your group, not exactly 'could you plz stop adding'. Another member of your group (who actually I won't name as he isn't in this thread pretending to be a nice guy) was also PM'ing similar stuff at the same time. And yes 'elephant' is my middle name :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom