The average smoking daoc player

E

Ekydus

So Tohtori, your battlefield is the day to day life of everyone else. Your weapon is your smoke, and your choice of death is cancer.

Great!

C

Coim-

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Actually you don't know my mentality, my way of life. I don't consider death a bad thing. Strong believer in the viking ways and even before i read about those, i lived the ways.

So, no, death isn't something i cry about, it's a day of celebration.

You won't understand it, i know.
Heck, you're entitled to your own views. But I know if someone close to me died because of my smoking... I'd quit there and then.

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Coim-
my dad quit smoking just before I was born because he didn't want to risk my health for something so stupid as cigarettes. That's the only thing I truly give him credit for.

Ditto.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Ekydus
So Tohtori, your battlefield is the day to day life of everyone else. Your weapon is your smoke, and your choice of death is cancer.

Great!

As...i...stated before. I go out on a limb, more then most of the smokers i know, to keep second hand smoke away from people.

My choice of death is not in my hands. It comes as i said.

My battles are inside me and frankly noone of your f*cking business.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Coim-
Heck, you're entitled to your own views. But I know if someone close to me died because of my smoking... I'd quit there and then.

Yes. And i can appreciate that. I don't have to understand your way to appreciate and honor it. I just expect other people to do the same.

EDIT: Sorry for the doublepost but it's a bit hectic :p

O

old.tRoG

Smoking is not evil, it's not the tool of satan, it's not the worst thing to happen to the world since Margaret Thatcher, it's a little white stick that some people like to put in their mouthes to help them relax, and unwind.

It smells. That's the only thing which affects other people, apart from the whole passive smoking issue, which I really won't touch on, as, in my opinion, it's blown way out of proportion.

E

Ekydus

Ahh Tohtori, but what is my business is MY life. I like to keep a healthy body... I don't want to die spitting up blood.

O

old.Tohtori

Ahh Tohtori, but what is my business is MY life. I like to keep a healthy body... I don't want to die spitting up blood.

And what the hell has my life have to do with yours! You simply chose, because i smoke, that i am the one who will cause you to get killed.

That's...as you said...fucked up.

EDIT: And don't tell me you didn't...just look back.

E

Ekydus

There are many smokers around the world. What you have to remember is that there are many non smokers aswell. A lot feel much the same way and it is usually negatively toward smoking. You have to live with this. Just as I am forced to live with the stream of smoke in my face if I ever go somewhere.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
And what the hell has my life have to do with yours! You simply chose, because i smoke, that i am the one who will cause you to get killed.

That's...as you said...fucked up.

EDIT: And don't tell me you didn't...just look back.

I notice you have stopped asterixing your 'fucks'! :p

M

Munkey-

There are many smokers around the world. What you have to remember is that there are many non smokers aswell. A lot feel much the same way and it is usually negatively toward smoking. You have to live with this. Just as I am forced to live with the stream of smoke in my face if I ever go somewhere.

Just as we're forced to listen to people prophesising our deaths in the same fashion. Which one of us is the more pessimistic?

E

Ekydus

Well excuse me for trying to talk sence into you. Getting on a personal level is usually the only way half of you listen.

O

old.Tohtori

Going on a break from this...

Yeah, asterixes tend to forget when i write at 10000 marks per second :p

Gonna be back in a few hours/tomorrow to discuss.

Rather civilized still i think.

M

Munkey-

Well excuse me for trying to talk sence into you. Getting on a personal level is usually the only way half of you listen.

I hardly call it "trying to talk sense", i'd call it single-mindedness on the level associated with a religious madman. But hey, heres to perspective.

E

Ekydus

How to fuck is trying to stop something that is unpleasant a religious act?

O

old.tRoG

Talk sense into him?

You're trying to persuade him that something he enjoys is satanic.

Unpleasant for those around him, but the health risks involved with passive smoking really aren't that bad that you should wage a war on the world.

Unless you spend your entire life sitting next to a smoker, the health risks are, in my opinion, pretty neglible.

M

Munkey-

How to fuck is trying to stop something that is unpleasant a religious act?

I see you missed the point, i was going on about your single-mindedness with no consideration for others. Regardless, if thats the way you convince people i wouldn't advise taking up a job at ...say... the samaritans.

E

Ekydus

Well I guess that's why I have such strong views then?

99% of the people I know smoke. My close friends do not smoke. That's the way my life is.

I respect people's choices, but they should also respect mine and not insult me for wanting to avoid smoke. When you spend a lot of your time around smoke unwillingly, it kinda makes you want to attack smokers in general. You don't have a constant stream of smoke, so I guess you don't understand.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

You don't respect the choices of people who smoke though, do you? :p

E

Ekydus

I'd like them all not to smoke. If I had my way there'd be no such things as cigarettes. I want my parents to stop smoking, small chance of that...

Now don't fucking tell me I don't understand it from their side aswell. Because I do, and I do very well indeed.

M

Munkey-

Well I guess that's why I have such strong views then?

99% of the people I know smoke. My close friends do not smoke. That's the way my life is.

I respect people's choices, but they should also respect mine and not insult me for wanting to avoid smoke. When you spend a lot of your time around smoke unwillingly, it kinda makes you want to attack smokers in general. You don't have a constant stream of smoke, so I guess you don't understand.

generalisations dont work either and yes, i'd say i do spend my time around a steady stream of smoke (though not mine generally)

its the type of people who say "i hate you because you smoke. I dont want to be friend because you do" that annoy me. Goes to show that the smoker has more sense than the person who's saying that.

O

old.tRoG

It's just inconsiderate to demand that people stop smoking. They enjoy it, they can carry on.

Just ask that they don't smoke around you.

E

Ekydus

It's coincidence my friends don't smoke. But they all have enough sense not to start in the first place. Please don't dare accuse me of saying "You can't be my friend because you smoke!"

E

Ekydus

I'm not telling anyone to stop. I am saying they should stop.

M

Munkey-

It's coincidence my friends don't smoke. But they all have enough sense not to start in the first place. Please don't dare accuse me of saying "You can't be my friend because you smoke!"

I diddnt, i was relating my argument to prove a point. The fact you took it out of context is none of my doing.

E

Ekydus

You were relating your argument, ergo; you were accusing me. I am not like that and you don't know me well enough to judge me like that.

M

Munkey-

You were relating your argument, ergo; you were accusing me. I am not like that and you don't know me well enough to judge me like that.

I wasnt. What I dont like is you accusing me of blowing smoke in peoples faces, being inconsiderate towards other peoples needs and basicly calling me the scum of the earth. Perspective laddy

Users who are viewing this thread