The average smoking daoc player

E

Ekydus

That's the thing, you don't intentially do it, but you do, do it and you have done it, and you will do it again.

There is such a thing as wind you know. Remember smoke is a gas and it spreads out.

M

mirieth

Originally posted by old.tRoG
It's just inconsiderate to demand that people stop smoking. They enjoy it, they can carry on.

Just ask that they don't smoke around you.

good point and taken. although, i have said this in the past and in general people just get rat-arsed and don't do it or get really rat-arsed and smoke right in my face.

M

Munkey-

Originally posted by Ekydus
That's the thing, you don't intentially do it, but you do, do it and you have done it, and you will do it again.

There is such a thing as wind you know. Remember smoke is a gas and it spreads out.

Well if they get second hand smoke from me being on top of a three story building next to the sea then they shouldnt be so close

O

old.tRoG

Originally posted by mirieth
good point and taken. although, i have said this in the past and in general people just get rat-arsed and don't do it or get really rat-arsed and smoke right in my face.

Then they're dickheads (In my opinion, again).

If it's in a public place, again, I really don't think you should be smoking, incase you cause some highly asmatic weak lunged kid to have a fit, but then, I'm a bit of a worrier when it comes to these things :p

Bars... Hmmm. That's a toughie. Traditionally filled with smoke, but... Well. Now I understand where all these heated tempers are coming from :)

M

mirieth

Originally posted by old.tRoG
Then they're dickheads (In my opinion, again).

If it's in a public place, again, I really don't think you should be smoking, incase you cause some highly asmatic weak lunged kid to have a fit, but then, I'm a bit of a worrier when it comes to these things :p

Bars... Hmmm. That's a toughie. Traditionally filled with smoke, but... Well. Now I understand where all these heated tempers are coming from :)

and there you go :p

just what i think, in public places it shouldn't be allowed. i mean, yes, there are non-smoking areas but let's be honest - it doesn't make a difference, it's not like the two areas are seperate at all bar a little sign.

O

old.tRoG

Alcohol is great, in moderation.

And more accepted, because (nearly) everyone does it.

So, in summary, alcohol = teh win.

R

Rubric

Originally posted by Ekydus
99% of the people I know smoke. My close friends do not smoke. That's the way my life is.

How many people do you know?

Im curious to work out how many close friends you have.

J

Jonaldo

This is why I never tell people to stop smoking, can't be bothered to tell people what to do as it is their choice on how they live their lives. I just take the piss out of them as they are smoking.

They know they smell like shit, taste like shit when they kiss people, look like shit when they turn yellow (even casual smokers that wash), cough after and during any decent amount of exercise.*

I make fun of my friend who smokes and plays football, because it reminds him he should stop smoking and how much it's already had a negative impact on his life. But I'll still not tell him to stop.

I also think whoever invented the new warning stickers that have to be put on cigarette packets is a genius and was probably pissing himself laughing as he wrote them, I know I would be and always check friends fag boxes to see what's on them.

*the word shit was used metaphorically in this sentence

S

shanks

My guess is that alcohol has killed far more then tobacco given that the effects are less direct, but give tobacco a few hundred years and well see about that! Im sure the stupidity that is humanity will come up with something even more stupid and harmful to make acceptable by then.

But then again, this planet is becoming overpopulated anyway. So smoke away. Just do it as far away from me as possible.

C

cuddled0rf

OMG was that a mineral water next to the keyboard??? whats wrong with that guy.......???

C

Cush

Mineral water aint good for you.

Been proved by several outstanding drunks.

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Cush
Mineral water aint good for you.

Been proved by several outstanding drunks.

One of them being George Best? :p

O

old.Tohtori

Hey. Just thought of a nice thing.

Scenario one: A smoker and a nonsmoker are sitting inside. It's -40'C outside. The nonsmokey eats a pizza. The smoker hates the smell of pizza. Will the nonsmoker go outside to eat the pizza in the freezing cold?

Scenario two: A smoker and a nonsmoker are sitting inside. It's -40'C outside. The smoker light one up. The nonsmoker hates the smell of cigarettes. Will the smoker go outside in the freezing cold to smoke the ciggy?

This is only regarding the smell factor and comes from my point of view since i ain't that bastardy in my habbit :p

A

Ardrias_Mid

Well if you're in a restaurant, you're there to eat arent you? Pretty obvious that the smoker should just foad :|

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Ardrias_Mid
Well if you're in a restaurant, you're there to eat arent you? Pretty obvious that the smoker should just foad :|

Well restaurants, if they allow smoking, have in their "menu" that you can smoke there. Basicly part of the service.

I was talking about a homesituation but, anyway.

If there's an ashtray, i'll smoke :p I still will move to another table if, as an example, my older bro is eating with me 'cause he dun smoke.

A

Ardrias_Mid

Do you smoke indoors normally?
And arent you from Finland? -40 is nothing for you then ;)

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Ardrias_Mid
Do you smoke indoors normally?
And arent you from Finland? -40 is nothing for you then ;)

I smoke outdoors, all the time. Unless i'm drunk and the afterparty is in a place where i can smoke inside AND others do :p

Yeah, -40 is bit*h a$$ warm :D

EDIT: Finally a phrase where you can put "bit*h a$$" and it makes sense" *heh*

A

Ala

imo a really sad thing about smokin is that they test em on animals .. u should see the pictures .... makes me want to cry :( ikkle white fluffy bunnys with masks permanently attached over their nose & mouth and all they breath ..like ALL they breath is ciggie smoke :puke: ..and don't forget the Beagles... those cute puppies w big innocent lovin eyes *sniff sniff*

....damn I h8 this world sometimes :(

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Ala
imo a really sad thing about smokin is that they test em on animals .. u should see the pictures .... makes me want to cry :( ikkle white fluffy bunnys with masks permanently attached over their nose & mouth and all they breath ..like ALL they breath is ciggie smoke :puke: ..and don't forget the Beagles... those cute puppies w big innocent lovin eyes *sniff sniff*

....damn I h8 this world sometimes :(

Meh. No respect for animals here :p

We could test them on little kids. That any better? Or how about senior citizens. Ooh...now that's a lovely idea. Just picture old granny in one of those puffmachines, getting hammered with all kinds of pleasent chemicals :D

Shocked yet? I haven't even started.

J

Jonaldo

Scenario one: A smoker and a nonsmoker are sitting inside. It's -40'C outside. The nonsmokey eats a pizza. The smoker hates the smell of pizza however this doesn't damage his health in any way so is no major problem. He offers a slice to the smoker and they both eat a meal together and chat.

Scenario two: A smoker and a nonsmoker are sitting inside. It's -40'C outside. The smoker light one up. The nonsmoker hates the smell of cigarettes and the fact that he has to breathe in smoke which causes him breathing difficulties, lung cancer, asthmatic reactions, heart disease, fertility problems and many other potential health risks. They both die the next day.

:)

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
This is only regarding the smell factor

Jonaldo for the last time, read all of the post :D

And i said the smokey hates pizza..grr... :eek:

EDIT: He's allergic. And would die if he ate pepperoni.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
The nonsmokey eats a pizza. The smoker hates the smell of pizza.
Read all of your posts dammit! :p

And it's a ham and pineapple pizza :cool:

The smell factor is a pretty minor thing imo.

A

Ala

...y do we freakin need to test ciggies?

umm ... (to the testing genius wankers) its a poison.... erm...it's killed shitloads of peeps....and it's made billions of dollars ...

$.$

There u go.. RESULTS R IN!

no need to test nemore....u can all go home and relax :)

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Jonaldo
Read all of your posts dammit! :p

And it's a ham and pineapple pizza :cool:

Yes he hates the smell because it has fat particles in it!

particle.jpg

They float in the smell and glog up the veins of smokey :eek:

And he is allergic to pineapple too.

A

Ardrias_Mid

If he's allergic to pizza, he should just die anyway :)

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Ala
...y do we freakin need to test ciggies?

umm ... (to the testing genius wankers) its a poison.... erm...it's killed shitloads of peeps....and it's made billions of dollars ...

$.$

There u go.. RESULTS R IN!

no need to test nemore....u can all go home and relax :)

could you rephrase that in english?

Users who are viewing this thread