The average smoking daoc player

M

Munkey-

Originally posted by mirieth
i hope all you smokers choke on your cigarettes, the world's a better place without you, selfish fuckers.

Congrats

B

Belsameth

sorry if this sounds cruel or unsympathetic for your loss, it isn't meant that way..
but maybe he got it from all the cars that're driven around by none smokers, or all the none-smoker run factories that polute every breath I take, with or without a smoke in my hand.

M

mirieth

i didn't say he died due to passive-smoking, i mean that it's unbelieveable that a chain smoker of 60 odd years lives while a healthy man of 32 dies... just fucking sick imo.

M

Munkey-

and on the note of the bad breath:

Look here

I know a ton of non-smokers out there with bad breath. Please, for the love of christ, invest in some spearmint gum or a tic tac or something.

edit: if you want someone to be pissed at, go find George Best. Now theres a guy who deserves to be shot

O

old.Tohtori

i didn't say he died due to passive-smoking, i mean that it's unbelieveable that a chain smoker of 60 odd years lives while a healthy man of 32 dies... just fucking sick imo.

I understand what you're saying here, don't get me wrong now. It ain't fair that a 6 year old kid dies when hit by a car and mass murderers run free. I might not share this belief but many do. But perhaps, again don't take me the wrong way, you took this as a chance to vent out some frustration towards the fu*ked up world? I don't blame you for taking the chance, hell, i might have taken it myself. Not trying to be Sigmund f*king Fraud here but is it possible it's not about smokers as much as it's about you hating the way things work sometimes?

Just asking, still entitled to your opinion about hating smokers.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

No offense but life is a total bitch! Shit happens! Yadda yadda etc etc!

All your story proves is that looking after your health is a futile endeavour because you are gonna die anyway, whether it be at the age of 32 or in 20 years time.

E

Ekydus

Riiiight. Smoking just adds onto the % of factories out there already. Belsameth you're talking bullshit.

You all fucking know smoking does more harm then good so just don't fucking deny it. You all get a little kick out of it and can't fucking live without that little stick. OH YOU CAN? Prove it then you fucking wimp and throw away the damn cigarette.
Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Lungs? Been smoking for 9-10 years now. My lungs are a 100% clean and healthy.
Total and utter bollocks and you fucking know it. Go into a tar pit with fish after 1 night...

If you smoke you're a naive idiot.

Now don't you fucking come out and tell me smoking doesn't harm you... Most of my family smoke. I HAVE CHOSEN NOT TO. Why? Because it's a fucking malicious cycle and it DOES degrade your health. Heart attacks and lung cancer. It isn't fucking nice drowning in your own body fluids so just stop with all this fucking bullshit. Yet again after this I'll probably have kids and it'll turn out they smoke too. They should ban cigarettes off of the face of the earth. They won't do that though! For every smoker there's a fucking huge profit.

You can't possibly tell me smoking is enjoyable?!
Passive smoking is fucking disgusting. No... You smoke so you're immune to it... Just aslong as you're getting your little kick the person near you can suffer and get the effects aswell. I don't smoke and yet I'll still probably die of lung cancer due to you selfish bastards? I think fucking not! I give a shit about my body, thank you very much. I do not want your fucking smoke in my face. I do not want your fucking smell. I do not want to look ill. Oh wait - You can wash that off! Can't you Tohtori? BULLSHIT. Nicotin in the skin can't be washed off... HAH you're the ones who smoke and you're naive to what you're doing!

NEWSFLASH:
Smoking being harmful to your health is not propoganda IT IS FACT, to deny that is accepting death... Fuck you if you do.

People quit all the time and yet CHOOSE to smoke? Bullshit again! The only way to quit is to go cold turkey and STAY cold turkey. So many of you are fucking wimps though... You all think "Oh I'll quit... yeah..." BUT... You NEVER do. Quit and end the fucking cycle.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Originally posted by Ekydus
Riiiight. Smoking just adds onto the % of factories out there already. Belsameth you're talking bullshit.

You all fucking know smoking does more harm then good so just don't fucking deny it. You all get a little kick out of it and can't fucking live without that little stick. OH YOU CAN? Prove it then you fucking wimp and throw away the damn cigarette.

Total and utter bollocks and you fucking know it. Go into a tar pit with fish after 1 night...

If you smoke you're a naive idiot.

Now don't you fucking come out and tell me smoking doesn't harm you... Most of my family smoke. I HAVE CHOSEN NOT TO. Why? Because it's a fucking malicious cycle and it DOES degrade your health. Heart attacks and lung cancer. It isn't fucking nice drowning in your own body fluids so just stop with all this fucking bullshit. Yet again after this I'll probably have kids and it'll turn out they smoke too. They should ban cigarettes off of the face of the earth. They won't do that though! For every smoker there's a fucking huge profit.

You can't possibly tell me smoking is enjoyable?!
Passive smoking is fucking disgusting. No... You smoke so you're immune to it... Just aslong as you're getting your little kick the person near you can suffer and get the effects aswell. I don't smoke and yet I'll still probably die of lung cancer due to you selfish bastards? I think fucking not! I give a shit about my body, thank you very much. I do not want your fucking smoke in my face. I do not want your fucking smell. I do not want to look ill. Oh wait - You can wash that off! Can't you Tohtori? BULLSHIT. Nicotin in the skin can't be washed off... HAH you're the ones who smoke and you're naive to what you're doing!

NEWSFLASH:
Smoking being harmful to your health is not propoganda IT IS FACT, to deny that is accepting death... Fuck you if you do.

People quit all the time and yet CHOOSE to smoke? Bullshit again! The only way to quit is to go cold turkey and STAY cold turkey. So many of you are fucking wimps though... You all think "Oh I'll quit... yeah..." BUT... You NEVER do. Quit and end the fucking cycle.

Soo...what you are saying is that smoking is in some way...bad? :eek7:

Much anger I sense in this one.

E

Ekydus

If they're naive enough to deny what smoking is doing to them then they deserve to die.

C

Coim-

Don't you just love smokers... slowly killing themselves and others around them. Fucking stupid...

O

old.Tohtori

Ekydus.

About my lungs, last time i went to a doctor(three weeks ago) and they checked my lungs(a diabetic so i go every three months) i had nothing wrong in my lungs. So don't tell me it's bullshit when it's a fact. Don't believe me? I can go all the way and f*cking post my medical file on the net.

Nicotine on the skin: If you smoke three packs a day you get too much of the crap and it does manifest as yellow skin. A casual smoker has only what is known as "smokerfingers" where the smoke/tar sticks to your fingers and it -can- be washed off.

It isn't healthy...well... ofcourse it isn't! I'm not stupid. But it does have beneficial things to it. It calms the nerves.(it is afterall a drug). It slows down the bloodflow and reduces the speed that adrenalin is rushing into your body. Ever wonder why pissed off people go for a smoke? To calm down and it works.

It is unhealthy. Yes. But it has + points to it aswell.

And as a matter of fact, those who smoke enjoy it. Yes! They enjoy the taste, if it tasted like crap and made you puke after each cig...you think people would?

M

Munkey-

and Sheesha, i feel we should ban Sheesha as well. That said, pretty much everything is bad for us nowadays. Sure, i agree that people who smoke in public places should be shot i.e. the bus, train, middle of the street in a crowded place and the such but i never had a problem with them. Most sensible people dont.

O

old.Tohtori

Oh one more thing. When i smoke, i try my damnest to keep the smoke away from people. I don't smoke inside(except in a bar), when on a busstop, i step away from people. So don't just assume that i blow smoke in peoples faces.

C

Coim-

The downsides to smoking far outweigh the plusses.

M

Munkey-

Same with alcohol. and cars.

my descicion. my life. bugger off.

What i hate are the people i associate with catholics, no offense against any catholics in here, but just that if you dont agree with their viewpoint you are *wrong*

"You arent a part of our religion! You're going to hell" <-- which, considering most religions say this, means hell's gonna get pretty damn crowded.

However what i dont agree with is the R.C.'s new stance on HIV and condoms. Please, bugger off.

So summary: You're all right as you believe in your own morality, thus nothing gets achieved but a busload of agro.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

The downsides to drinking alcamahol far outweigh the benefits...yet you still do it.

You can look after your body all you want but you could still get run over by a bus or eaten by a hedgehog tomorrow! Passive smoking isn't going to shorten your life span by any signifigant amount.

As for other people smoking and lowering their life expectancy...ITS THEIR LIFE!! Let them do with it as they want.

God damn anti-smoking nazis!

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Cap'n Sissyfoo
or eaten by a hedgehog tomorrow!

Hey...please don't. My uncle "passed" away in a horrible hedgehog th...i can't talk about it...

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Sorry, man, but people always underestimate the hedgehog! I've seen many a fine pirate lose his life to one of these spiked demons. :(

Never...ever...turn your back on a hedgehog!

M

Munkey-

and I pity you.

and everyone wonders why people just cant learn to get along

O

old.Tohtori

One thing is a fact:

None of the smokers here have told the anti-smokers to "start smoking because you're blah blah blah".

See a difference? :D

C

Coim-

Heck, I didn't even preach to anyone. If you can have your opinions on smoking, I can have my opinions about smokers.

C

Coim-

One thing is a fact:

None of the smokers here have told the anti-smokers to "start smoking because you're blah blah blah".

See a difference? :D
Yeah. Why tell someone to start something when it kills you?

O

old.tRoG

Nothing wrong with the health side of it, in my opinion, as I really couldn't care less if I died at 59 or 95, but cigarettes smell. The smell gets everywhere - it infects the smoker, the people around the smoker, and the enviroment around the smoke.

It really isn't pleasant for non-smokers.

If a smoker is considerate enough to pop outside, have a puff, take a tictac, then run back in again, then hats off to them - they make my life a lot more pleasant :D

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Coim-
Yeah. Why tell someone to start something when it kills you?

Only until someone proves that theory wrong. Earth was flat a good 400(?) years ago. So who knows. I'm not telling anyone to start, i'm expecting people to back the fu*k off as well.

EDIT:

Originally posted by old.tRoG
If a smoker is considerate enough to pop outside, have a puff, take a tictac, then run back in again, then hats off to them - they make my life a lot more pleasant :D

There. A sensible person who knows smokers arn't all devils advocates :p

E

Ekydus

You're fuckwits to be plainly and utterly fucking honest. You don't give a shit really do you?

Oh so you're shortening MY life by a few years? Well maybe I don't wanna be lying on my back, coughing up blood and drowning in my own body fluids in the end, mmmmmkay?
It may only be 2 years, but they are my 2 years. It may not be a huge amount, but the way I die is going to be effected too. I do not want to die in pain, you smoke - you've accepted the liability that you can die of cancer. Not my problem then, what is my probalem is the fact that it is affecting me aswell.

Reach for a cigarette when stressed? I get stressed... You know what I do? I put on some music or do something enjoyable. I do not need to stick a piece of death into my mouth and inhale it to be able to live my life. Life is an emotional roller coaster. Take the good with the bad FFS, that means you don't need to rely on a cigarette when you're stressed. Your lives revolve around cigarettes and for that I pity you. I am not thinking about where and when I will get my next cigarette, how I will be able to afford this, or what harm I am doing to others. You, however do. And you know what? You fucking well should aswell.

M

Munkey-

Originally posted by old.tRoG
Nothing wrong with the health side of it, in my opinion, as I really couldn't care less if I died at 59 or 95, but cigarettes smell. The smell gets everywhere - it infects the smoker, the people around the smoker, and the enviroment around the smoke.

It really isn't pleasant for non-smokers.

Hear hear

S

Sharma

Thread needs closing imo.

The fact of the matter is, its their life, they should choose what to do with it.

The people screaming about about how they should not do it really need to re-consider their arguements and looks at their own lives, you have your own personal addictions and you know it, trying to force others to stop its the pinnacle of Hypocrisy, after all, if you loved something, IE football and a small minority of people came over and started shouting in YOUR FACE "You should not do this here is a list of reasons:" You would get pissed off too.

C

Coim-

Only until someone proves that theory wrong. Earth was flat a good 400(?) years ago. So who knows. I'm not telling anyone to start, i'm expecting people to back the fu*k off as well.

EDIT:

There. A sensible person who knows smokers arn't all devils advocates :p
I didn't say smokers were "devils advocates". I know plenty of people who smoke. I almost feel sorry for them. Oh, and this has absoloutely nothing to do with the earth being round. People didn't have the technology back then... they didn't have the knowledge that we do now. Smoking's bad, nothing can change that.

Users who are viewing this thread