Football The 2023-24 Football Thread

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Two things:

1) Who the hell were that team in blue on the telly last night making Villa look like amateurs? The graphic said Chelsea but they were a solid team that knew what they were doing, and even had a worldy goal in the locker? Not a recent Chelsea team I recognise?

2) Blue cards. Lol.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's for dissent and the like, though it would be far better to just send them off. Get in the ref's face, Red. Dive, Red.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
What?!?!? So we now have Red, Yellow and Blue (tsk tsk) cards? Fuck right off. If I was a ref I would forget the blue card when getting ready for the match.

What we going to have next, Rugby sin bins? Give the goal posts a polish, iron the corner flags. Muppets. Oh and a brown card for those who fart and mark.

Gray

FH is my second home
So Roy looks to be inline for the chopping block, but the powers that be have being incredibly shady about the whole matter, especially given a replacement has already being lined up without him leaving the club yet.

But I wonder what has happened this morning, is it an acted out piece of drama for the masses or is there anything legitimate - I can understand him hurting, he stepped in to help the club out even if it was temporary, but it seems he's lost the fans now.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Neville was particularly amusing this afternoon. Blue billion pound bottle jobs indeed!

Could have gone either way tbh. We were hanging on towards the end of the second half. We were talking about everyone looking very leggy and then Klopp swapped our second string for the academy lads and the fresh legs was exactly what extra time needed.

I think they'll get panned by Southampton on Wednesday if we have to play the same team because the difference won't primarily be the ability to make it to the ball first. But it does please me :)

Gray

FH is my second home
Points deduction reduced from 10 points to 6 points. An improvement absolutely, the only matter is we're apparently due another deduction so if that's another 6 points so we'll be in a worse position, but alas.

Crucially we'll be above Forest now, so if we get a points deduction they should also

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Kind. I agree 100% - Chelsea could easily have won the game - but he didn't have to say it:

I think if Poch gets through this season they'll be looking at Champs league places next year.

Gray

FH is my second home
WTB centre forward with confidence.
Don't have much money. Or probably any money by the sounds.

Thankful that results elsewhere around us worked out, but this was an essential game to win. Don't know what United team will show up against us next, but there's a silver lining

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fucking useless Italians, 3 fucking nil at 66 fucking minutes. Useless fuckers.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Um watching a match I recorded yesterday, so far it is Fulham 3, Spurs 0 @ 66 minutes. Is this an old archived match I am watching??

Gray

FH is my second home
Premier League don't half make it confusing to fuck to determine how they come up with the points deductions.

Everton deducted 10 points, down to 6 points while on appeal, dealt with by Everton assisting throughout the duration.

Forest get a straight up 6 point deduction, but as they assisted with the enquiry for good behaviour they get two points knocked off, the fuck?!?

Since they've set that precedent, once more eyes turn to the couple of "Big Six" who are also under investigation... Who haven't being quite as compliant as the formers

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Premier League don't half make it confusing to fuck to determine how they come up with the points deductions.

Everton deducted 10 points, down to 6 points while on appeal, dealt with by Everton assisting throughout the duration.

Forest get a straight up 6 point deduction, but as they assisted with the enquiry for good behaviour they get two points knocked off, the fuck?!?

Since they've set that precedent, once more eyes turn to the couple of "Big Six" who are also under investigation... Who haven't being quite as compliant as the formers

I think they admitted guilt early on, which made the difference. It's still nuts. I didn't realise that the financials run across 3 years, so newly promoted clubs are hamstrung and don't compete on a like for like basis with other PL teams until the 4th year. Assuming they last that long.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Looks like Forest could have ducked most of the charges if they'd sold jobby a few months earlier, but that would have cost 'em, what, £15 million?

I mean, rules is rules, say the "regulator" and that's a fair cop, but if they say "we're going to be compliant, but we'll be 3 weeks late"...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I can't even be arsed with England, until Southgate fucks off.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Watching the England match I recorded earlier, 12 minutes in, fucking hell.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Pleasing to see "thunderbastard" make a comeback in football reporting.

Even moreso for me that they were talking about Alexis MacAlister :)

Gray

FH is my second home
Unreal we've waited until December for any sort of victory but by Christ we did it, I'm sure Dyche wouldn't have wanted to go down in the history books with worse consecutive games record but here we are.

We struggled even against Burnley though which isn't good. Before the game I looked at the upcoming matches and breathed somewhat a sigh of relief, we've virtually got a run in with all the other relegation fodder.

If we can get even 12 more points from these remaining games, we should be out of sight, even with the potential of the upcoming points deduction we'll no doubt receive.

Luton have been quite a thorn though, they keep pushing for results

Embattle

FH is my second home
You need to be doing better so you can counter your next points deduction ;)

Gray

FH is my second home

Oh that came out the blue. Were they waiting for us to finally win a game before knocking us down again.

It's not devastating though, if a two point deduction draws a line under it concerning Everton then fine.

Happy they took into account losing the USM sponsorship which couldn't have been foreseen with the Russian invasion, and the ownership taken with accountability... Will they feel the same about Man City?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Happy they took into account losing the USM sponsorship which couldn't have been foreseen with the Russian invasion, and the ownership taken with accountability... Will they feel the same about Man City?
Seeing as Everton is being prosecuted bit by bit, why don't they pin what they can on City now, and do the rest of the shit later?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Kane getting blatted out of the Champions League by Arsenal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom