Football The 2020/2021 Season Thread

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Lukaku was amazing for Everton, best we've had in a long time obviously. But when silly money comes calling it can't be ignored.

Between Everton and Tottenham the manager search seems like quite a merry dance at the moment.
Merry isn't the word I'd choose. It's like musical chairs but shit and depressing - the "manager" we're looking at now is not only demonstrably awful as a manager but as a person as well - racist apologist, misogynist, borderline homophobe... Levy won't know what's hit him if he approves this appointment, there is genuine fanbase-wide fury that Gattuso is even being considered.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's the speed at which he is dropping previous applicants that is amazing too.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I find it very hard to believe that Spurs are talking to Gattuso. He's done nothing as a manager. Would be a big step backwards.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
For some reason, I am feeling a little nervous about tonight.

Embattle

FH is my second home
For some reason, I am feeling a little nervous about tonight.

We should win but doesn't mean we will, Scotland and the other nations often bring more passion to games against England.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
We should win but doesn't mean we will, Scotland and the other nations often bring more passion to games against England.

It's this Scottish weather we're having. Finishing second or third in the group is probably better than finishing first anyway!

Gray

FH is my second home
Seeing rumours that Ancelloti is looking at getting the players he signed to go back to Madrid with him. So we're talking James but more importantly Allan.

Bit prickish if he starts to dismantle what decent players we had and thus can't build around them.

James may be understandable, especially if there is a claus in his contract saying he can return (Free) to Madrid. He would be a loss, when he played... But Allan I think would be the biggest loss.

It sounds also like Benitez might be announced any time soon.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I really hope we ditch that anthem soon. Sounds more shite every time I hear it. Especially next to a banger like Flower of Scotland.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Reallllllllllly poor. Perhaps all part of the master plan to finish second in the group and avoid Portugal.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Reallllllllllly poor. Perhaps all part of the master plan to finish second in the group and avoid Portugal.

You know what? If that wasn't full tinfoil hat, I'd totally believe that.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Hard to touch the ball when you're mooching around the centre circle.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
There's fuck all service to him, no creativity at all. With Spurs he at least drops deep and creates but it looks like Southgate the genius doesn't want him doing that. He ends up just lumbering around achieving nothing. Southgate probably has the 2nd or 3rd most exciting group of attacking players in the tournament at his disposal (certainly top 5) and he sets them up in the most cautious, ponderous way. He's fucking hopeless.

I hope it's all part of a master plan to finish second and avoid whoever the runner up is in Group F (probably either Portugal or Germany) because any one of about 5 other teams in the tournament will absolutey have their way with England if they turn up like that in the latter stages (if they even make it to the latter stages).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom