Football The 2020/2021 Season Thread

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Southgate the genius. He's fucking hopeless.
Said that years ago tbh.

Outplayed by Scotland and no change of tactics.

He's dull as dishwater to listen to and that's also his brand of football.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
There was a period in the game where I am pretty sure we had 50-60 passes in a row, that went absolutely nowhere, which is great if you're 3.0 up. We had zero options going forward, we were so slow the entire Scotland team could have slow walked back to defend.

Absolutely pathetic.

Saved by an outstanding save and an unbelievable clearance from James (I think it was)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
There's fuck all service to him, no creativity at all. With Spurs he at least drops deep and creates but it looks like Southgate the genius doesn't want him doing that. He ends up just lumbering around achieving nothing. Southgate probably has the 2nd or 3rd most exciting group of attacking players in the tournament at his disposal (certainly top 5) and he sets them up in the most cautious, ponderous way. He's fucking hopeless.

I hope it's all part of a master plan to finish second and avoid whoever the runner up is in Group F (probably either Portugal or Germany) because any one of about 5 other teams in the tournament will absolutey have their way with England if they turn up like that in the latter stages (if they even make it to the latter stages).

Service to him was poor, our midfield was poor in general. Didn't shield the defence well and didn't serve the attackers well. However Kane also looks knackered. He looked slow and unresponsive and when he did drop deep he didn't look half the player he looks for Spurs. Possibly just tired from carrying Spurs for so long? Maybe the thought of moving this summer playing heavy on his mind? I don't know, but he doesn't look right, and I'd say he hasn't looked right for England for a little while.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Service to him was poor, our midfield was poor in general. Didn't shield the defence well and didn't serve the attackers well. However Kane also looks knackered. He looked slow and unresponsive and when he did drop deep he didn't look half the player he looks for Spurs. Possibly just tired from carrying Spurs for so long? Maybe the thought of moving this summer playing heavy on his mind? I don't know, but he doesn't look right, and I'd say he hasn't looked right for England for a little while.
Honestly he hasn't looked "right" for Spurs towards the end of the season either but much better than what we've seen in these 2 England games. Maybe he's thinking about playing somewhere else, maybe he wants to stay (or won't be able to leave due to the time remaining on his contract and nobody will pay what Levy wants) and he's depressed about the genuine fucking shambles the club is in at the moment (join the club, Harry), maybe he's just had a long season with a couple of injuries (he wasn't out as long as he has been in previous seasons but at one point he'd done *both* of his ankles at the same time), maybe he's at his best when he has someone like Sonny to play alongside, maybe Southgate isn't playing to his strengths, maybe he's just a bit older now and has lost that edge, maybe opponents just mark the shit out of him now and it's physically and mentally exhausting.

I have no idea tbh... at least with Spurs, even when he wasn't scoring or assisting he was contributing in any number of ways elsewhere on the pitch but something's not right with how he's playing (or how he's been told to play) for England.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Not sure I am capable of reaching his level. Feel free to be offended though. Humour and dark jokes are not everyone's cuppa, especially the morally righteous.😘
Nothing dark or offensive about these memes, but they should come with a boomer humour warning!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's not funny, but I don't get why people are so averse to being offended.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It's not funny, but I don't get why people are so averse to being offended.
The thing I find offensive about them is boomers going "ooo are poor little snowflakes offended". What actually happens is I see memes like these (this exact one being one of them) forwarded to me by my 65 year old father in law from his WhatsApp groups, and then people under 40 cringe at how shit the humour is because the jokes are unimaginative crap. Then we just get told we are easily offended and don't have a sense of humour. Never mind eh.

Here's an actually funny one I got from a non boomer WhatsApp group:

WARNING! NSFW!!!

Video deleted as it violates the FH CoC.

Last edited by a moderator:

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Here's an actually funny one I got from a non boomer WhatsApp group:

Haha wtf.
Not gonna lie it’s a bit of a turn on

On another note it looks like covid or masks don’t exist in Hungary. So weird to see this after the last year and a bit

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Haha wtf.
Not gonna lie it’s a bit of a turn on

On another note it looks like covid or masks don’t exist in Hungary. So weird to see this after the last year and a bit
Local laws. But hungary have a high death rate From covid.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Interesting that there's an English ref on the VAR in the Portugal vs. Germany game. He just decided on a tight offside in about 5 seconds - it just goes to show that they're hamstrung in England by shit rules that they're told to follow.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
WHY DO ALL OLD PEOPLE ASSUME THAT IF YOUNG PEOPLE DONT FIND SOMETHING FUNNY ITS BECAUSE THEY'RE OFFENDED???

I'm so exasperated I needed to go cruise control for cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom