Football The 2020/2021 Season Thread

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2ZLS1V3iMw

Its not remotely the same. a. Coca-Cola aren't Ronaldo's sponsor, they sponsor the tournament - there's no contractual obligation there or exchange of money. Meanwhile., b. Osaka wants to be paid by her 25 sponsors for not doing a part of her job she's contracted by them to do. If Osaka was blowing off event press conferences alone it would be (sort of) justifiable, but she's effectively gypping her own sponsors.

There's no obligation for Ronaldo to shill for stuff he isn't being paid for.

Pogba did it with Heineken as well. I don't know if they've all decided to make a point or something.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2ZLS1V3iMw

Its not remotely the same. a. Coca-Cola aren't Ronaldo's sponsor, they sponsor the tournament - there's no contractual obligation there or exchange of money. Meanwhile., b. Osaka wants to be paid by her 25 sponsors for not doing a part of her job she's contracted by them to do. If Osaka was blowing off event press conferences alone it would be (sort of) justifiable, but she's effectively gypping her own sponsors.

There's no obligation for Ronaldo to shill for stuff he isn't being paid for.

Pogba did the same with the beer bottle on the table in front of him. A muslim who doesnt drink.

didnt get as much press as ronaldo tho

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Its alcohol free i think but hardly something a pro athlete would chug at a press conference
The 0.0 has 0.05% alcohol in it so its not free of alcohol. Not much but would still be against a muslims religion to drink it

Gray

FH is my second home
Yeah... 5 minutes ago it was Nuno who was favorite and now it's back to Benitez.

Very unsure about this.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I hope Nuno stays in the prem one way or another, brilliant manager.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
The 0.0 has 0.05% alcohol in it so its not free of alcohol. Not much but would still be against a muslims religion to drink it

Or to support it as I understand.

Ronaldo's Coca-Cola thing - I remember him being against his kids drinking it and I think he was reinforcing the message. Also from what I've seen of him (and through contacts who have worked with him for media related things) he takes the branding and media work quite seriously. The same contacts told me about Messi and how he was a pain in the backside for anything to do with the promotion of literally anything.

If Coca Cola had a banner behind him with the rest of the sponsors I don't think he would have cared. I reckon it was more to do with the bottles being placed as though they were his and that he was drinking it during the interview.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Seeing as he did KFC adverts, unless he has had a road to Damascus moment, it's nothing to do with coke being bad for you.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Or to support it as I understand.

Ronaldo's Coca-Cola thing - I remember him being against his kids drinking it and I think he was reinforcing the message. Also from what I've seen of him (and through contacts who have worked with him for media related things) he takes the branding and media work quite seriously. The same contacts told me about Messi and how he was a pain in the backside for anything to do with the promotion of literally anything.

If Coca Cola had a banner behind him with the rest of the sponsors I don't think he would have cared. I reckon it was more to do with the bottles being placed as though they were his and that he was drinking it during the interview.

Messi has no qualms about promoting cola, he's been in the Pepsi Max campaigns for years.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Seeing as he did KFC adverts, unless he has had a road to Damascus moment, it's nothing to do with coke being bad for you.

People calling him a hypocrite because he promoted Coke in 2006 (!) or KFC in 2013 need to get a fucking grip and remember how their own tastes, preferences and health choices have changed in the last fifteen years.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Messi has no qualms about promoting cola, he's been in the Pepsi Max campaigns for years.

Sorry, it wasn't with what he promoted. He just didn't want to do any unless absolutely necessary. Probably fits with his personality though as he comes across as introverted for these kinds of things.

Ronaldo apparently would take interest in the products and be involved in any development while Messi was more of a "turn up, read my lines and I'm off regardless of whether the take was usable" kind of guy.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I didn't realise the hospital was so close to the stadium. Nice touch actually, I hope he heard it.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Lukaku has been good for a long time, just not rated in England for some reason.

De Bruyne has been absolutely sen fucking sational since coming on

Gray

FH is my second home
Lukaku was amazing for Everton, best we've had in a long time obviously. But when silly money comes calling it can't be ignored.

Between Everton and Tottenham the manager search seems like quite a merry dance at the moment.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Lukaku has been good for a long time, just not rated in England for some reason.

De Bruyne has been absolutely sen fucking sational since coming on
I wonder how he is playing with broken face after only 3 weeks and no mask

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom