Football The 2020/2021 Season Thread

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
WHY DO ALL OLD PEOPLE ASSUME THAT IF YOUNG PEOPLE DONT FIND SOMETHING FUNNY ITS BECAUSE THEY'RE OFFENDED???

I'm so exasperated I needed to go cruise control for cool

Bruv, you're old too now :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So why the @Job reference then?

Because Job used to post stuff purely for a reaction, even if it wasn't funny.

I don't think Hawkwind finds it funny, I think he posts it purely for the reaction.

The problem is that the amount of actual cancel culture snowflakes is very small, but there is a larger population of people who find this boomer humour boring, predictable, and purely to antagonise which is pretty childish, and makes it just as bad as snowflakes.

Obviously everyone is free to do what they will, I'd just like to know the actual reason behind it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I doubt there are many boomers around here, you do know what a boomer is, don't you?

They are in their late 60s now...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I doubt there are many boomers around here, you do know what a boomer is, don't you?

They are in their late 60s now...

It's called boomer humour tho because it spreads like wildfire round boomer WhatsApp groups.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Back to football... What a game this has been. Got a tenner on CR7 for top scorer so glad to see him on the scoresheet again. Germany have been superb down the flanks, Havertz excellent as well.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

I don't think Hawkwind finds it funny, I think he posts it purely for the reaction.

The problem is that the amount of actual cancel culture snowflakes is very small, but there is a larger population of people who find this boomer humour boring, predictable, and purely to antagonise which is pretty childish, and makes it just as bad as snowflakes.

Obviously everyone is free to do what they will, I'd just like to know the actual reason behind it.
There you go projecting again. Ask @Hawkwind dont assume

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It's called boomer humour tho because it spreads like wildfire round boomer WhatsApp groups.
Most boomers wouldnt know what whatsapp is. They were born post ww2. So a lot are i to their 70s now

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Most boomers wouldnt know what whatsapp is. They were born post ww2. So a lot are i to their 70s now

So? A lot are also in their 50s and early 60s, my parents generation. Every single one of them I know use WhatsApp.

Anyway, back on topic.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

"Boomer humour"? Oh do fuck off. Such po-faced self-righteousness.

As a joke it wasn't even controversial; a statement of fact made for ironic effect.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Really pleased for them, they fully deserve it.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Great effort from the lads to hold on today with 10 men. Miss Davies massively when he doesn't play, I reckon he is important as Bale & Ramsey. I think it would've been a different story if Italy hadn't rested so many players, but I'll take it. Could've easily been 1-1 mind if Gaz could've got his leg over... fnarr fnarr.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Scots are now using chemical weapons to defeat us :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom