Football The 2020/2021 Season Thread

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I deliverately stated at the end of the post it was a general statement. T just yours was the last post in the chain. Ffs man stop thinking your so special it has to be you
Damn touch screens in the dark after a gin and tonic.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Them broadcasting diversity boxes are definitely being ticked by the BBC so far during these championships.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They will be wheeling out Sue Barker soon.

I think all football presenters should be ex-footballers, not media studies people that covered golf or whatever. I'm all for diversity so long as it brings something to the job, not for diversities sake.

Edit. That goes for ITV with the muppets they have presenting, male and female.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
They will be wheeling out Sue Barker soon.

I think all football presenters should be ex-footballers, not media studies people that covered golf or whatever. I'm all for diversity so long as it brings something to the job, not for diversities sake.

Edit. That goes for ITV with the muppets they have presenting, male and female.

I used to find Gary Neville annoying as a player but I've loved him ever since he started at Sky. For me he was the start of the 'new generation' pundits in terms of being up to date with modern football. I think it was him who went against Hansen and Lawrenson once by saying that both of them were incorrect in their analysis as in modern-day football, the defender had to move in a way that was different to their time. I think the guy they were analysing was Ashley Cole but I don't remember. All I remember was that it blew my mind as I hadn't thought of that movement like that before.

Edit: I've just looked at the ITV lineup. What the fuck?

Makes me miss the days of when Gabby Logan was the only token on football TV :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Nice goal by the czech for their second. Donno why the keeper was nearly at the centre circle

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Them broadcasting diversity boxes are definitely being ticked by the BBC so far during these championships.

I hate being that guy, but I can't help it; there isn't a single one of the women pundits on British terrestrial TV who isn't tedious, annoying or outright fucking stupid (and the ones on Irish TV are just as bad). Did you hear that silly cow asking Sterling if he'd "justified his place", after yesterday's game? You could see how desperately he wanted to say "what a stupid fucking question". I never had a problem with Gabby Logan or the women pundits on Sky, its just the current BBC and ITV lot who seem to be utterly shite.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I can't wait to see the Scotland keep on Catch of the Day later.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
index.php

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I hate being that guy, but I can't help it; there isn't a single one of the women pundits on British terrestrial TV who isn't tedious, annoying or outright fucking stupid (and the ones on Irish TV are just as bad). Did you hear that silly cow asking Sterling if he'd "justified his place", after yesterday's game? You could see how desperately he wanted to say "what a stupid fucking question". I never had a problem with Gabby Logan or the women pundits on Sky, its just the current BBC and ITV lot who seem to be utterly shite.

The blokes are fucking shite as well, don't know why you need to single out the women.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The blokes are fucking shite as well, don't know why you need to single out the women.
I dont mind shearer or micah, lineker is funny too. Ally mcoist has always been shite. I dont mind mark wright when hes with shearer and gary. logan and scott are ok as well.

hate hoddle.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

a. They're really not, or at least nowhere near as.
b. Even the ones that are shite, at least I understand why they're there.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
a. They're really not, or at least nowhere near as.
b. Even the ones that are shite, at least I understand why they're there.
Lol ok.

The blokes have had years and years to improve, but still it's the same stock phrases that add very little. Coming out with drivel that any 6 year old who has watched a few games could come out with. Expert analysis my fucking arse. At least people like Micah Richards & Ian Wright add a bit of fun I suppose.

Feels like the women have to do twice as much for people to even accept they have a right to be there.

Also FWIW I thought Emma Hayes was excellent on the ITV coverage.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I dont like the chums they bring on like cesc and all. They played and retired or whatever. Theres a slot to fill so they get their chum on for a couple weeks who cant talk to the public and make it interesting

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I dont like the chums they bring on like cesc and all. They played and retired or whatever. Theres a slot to fill so they get their chum on for a couple weeks who cant talk to the public and make it interesting
I bet someone like Fabregas has forgotten more about football than all of us on this forum combined know about it, yet all you get from him is shite like "ah yeah well I know Alvaro (Morata) and he will be upset at missing this chance."

Omg Cesc will he? A centre forward upset at missing a sitter. Please fucking hell tell me more, I'm nearly there

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
This just in, Spain are strong enough to score goals.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Mad that Olmo starts for Spain, surely they have someone better?

Embattle

FH is my second home
I tend to do something else whoever the commentator when they come on.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I dislike Sky and pretty much all they stand for, but I wish they would just let them run coverage too.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Bbc and sky. Itv are shocking
Sky has been ruined by that clown Neville. I never used to mind him, until he went on that completely non-ironic rant about the Super League, and money in football whilst working with, and for, Peter Lim multiple times. In one such instance, he's literally just ploughing money into a non-league club so they surge up the divisions lol. Oh, and he works for Sky of course, bank rollers in chief of bloated English football.

Can't believe how much people were wanking themselves off over it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
A11592E3-453D-4192-AFED-4191C30C892E.jpeg

dont think the pic does it justice. That crease in his forehead. You thinkit should be there when frowning or what ever. But its there all the time and looks like a huge canyon against his botox forehead.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Sky has been ruined by that clown Neville. I never used to mind him, until he went on that completely non-ironic rant about the Super League, and money in football whilst working with, and for, Peter Lim multiple times. In one such instance, he's literally just ploughing money into a non-league club so they surge up the divisions lol. Oh, and he works for Sky of course, bank rollers in chief of bloated English football.

Can't believe how much people were wanking themselves off over it.

Yeah, he is a bit of a bellend but his football stuff is usually pretty good, especially with Carragher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom