Football The 2019/2020 Season Thread

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Thanks @Job.

It's fucking weird - they've added in a fake crowd sound. - I've been listening on radio 5 and that's better - I intensely dislike the fake crowd because it's actually robbing me of the experience of watching football during coronavirus and seeing it how it actually is.

Might mute it and put the 5-live commentary on, but then of course there'll be the timing mismatch...

Embattle

FH is my second home
On the proper services you can chose to have fan noise on one channel and on the other without fan noise.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Thanks @Job.

It's fucking weird - they've added in a fake crowd sound. - I've been listening on radio 5 and that's better - I intensely dislike the fake crowd because it's actually robbing me of the experience of watching football during coronavirus and seeing it how it actually is.

Might mute it and put the 5-live commentary on, but then of course there'll be the timing mismatch...
I saw how it was in the german leagues. Fake crowd is 1p0% better for me. But if you actually have tv then you can chose which you want

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Watched @Job's link then moved over to radio 5. Was gash.

TBH - Liverpool have been looking like a team that's lost it's cutting edge since before xmas. They just need to get it over the line then refresh. (Lovren needs to be sold pretty quickly).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So people have sucked down interruptions due to VAR. Now where's the up-in-arms about these drinks breaks?

*cough* advertising *cough*

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So people have sucked down interruptions due to VAR. Now where's the up-in-arms about these drinks breaks?

*cough* advertising *cough*
What is the medical reason for having drink breaks? We have never had them before unless it was like 40+ degrees. Last week it was raining and cold and they had a drinks break.

Does drinking help keep the virus at bay?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Like the extra substitutions, it's just to help the players by giving them a couple of minutes rest per half. They are playing in June and some of the matches need them. If you took them away for matches where it's cooler or raining you'd have teams complaining that others had more rest or whatever. It's not a permanent thing...

I still haven't seen adverts during VAR breaks.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There's no medical reason for them. They're just prepping a resistant British public to break up the most valuable advertising space in the planet.

If we get used to the game being broken up then the eventual addition of advertising will be passed with a shrug and a "why not".

It's a very long, very thin wedge.

My advertising company owning mate is rubbing his hands in anticipation. He just hopes it happens before he retires.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The drinks breaks were brought in for the remainder of this season because the players haven't played for 3 months, because they're playing a more condensed schedule than they would normally, because hydration can help with soft tissue injuries, because it's June and it's hotter than it'd normally be and also to give the groundsmen an extra chance to flounce about disinfecting corner flags and things. They're applied universally (even when it's cold and/or raining) I imagine to make it simpler and to take away the opportunity for teams to whine that others had more rest than they did and it's just not fair.

It's not a very long, very thin wedge - these breaks only exist because of exceptional circumstances and they won't exist after the end of this season. I think they had them at the World Cup a couple of years ago in some matches but it was bloody hot.

Honestly, your team is about to win the league for the first time in 30 years and you're moaning about something that hasn't even happened.

Last edited:

Embattle

FH is my second home
Honestly, your team is about to win the league for the first time in 30 years and you're moaning about something that hasn't even happened.

No doubt we'll hear about it for the 30 years even if they don't win another.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
For me, if you can't get together with half a million pissed up people in a mad party crowd, what's the point? :(

It's like a win for stattos. I'll take it, of course, but I always wanted a massive party when we won the league. I was going to travel to Liverpool for the last match, go to the front, get shitfaced and take in the vibe.

Maybe I'll paint my dick red and have a wank :(

Embattle

FH is my second home
That goal against MC just then shows why they are so far behind Liverpool this year.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Holy fuck.
The city has gone mental
The sky is full of fireworks and car horns going constantly.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well least it'll give them something else to blame the government for when coronavirus spikes in Liverpool :p

Job

Inappropriate content
No that would be 10 thousand sociak distancing ignoring pakistanis turning up at the beach.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
No that would be 10 thousand sociak distancing ignoring pakistanis turning up at the beach.
Fuck off Job. This thread is for footie, twatface.

Job

Sorry yes
About that banner.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Gratz to Chelsea for beating MC.

And well done to Lollerpool and @Scouse :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It was definitely me. With a little help from Klopp and the gang ;)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yes you constantly whining about VAR must've really spurred them on. :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes you constantly whining about VAR must've really spurred them on. :)
Just repearing Klopp (and the players) ;)

It's funny. You'd think I'd be all over reading the articles about how great the team is or avidly consuming the zillions of stories about the journeys. But I don't really care.

Boiled down to it's essence - I just want to see entertaining football, played by not-a-bunch of cunts. Whether they win or lose ultimately doesn't matter (winning is nice, of course) - but the beautiful game played in the right way is what it's about.

I hadn't intended a post about VAR / drinks breaks - but the above made me think about them and how they break football up, disrupt the flow and steal the immediacy. Regardless of the rest - they make it less beautiful. And you love football like you love your girlfriend - warts and all. But when she starts taking a knife to herself to 'improve' you get lesley ash.

Job

The Wife was talking to Klopp on the beach last week.
He walks around through the forest completely by himself and loads of Liverpool fans walk past him without realising.
Hes quite a character.

Job

Just repearing Klopp (and the players) ;)

It's funny. You'd think I'd be all over reading the articles about how great the team is or avidly consuming the zillions of stories about the journeys. But I don't really care.

Boiled down to it's essence - I just want to see entertaining football, played by not-a-bunch of cunts. Whether they win or lose ultimately doesn't matter (winning is nice, of course) - but the beautiful game played in the right way is what it's about.

I hadn't intended a post about VAR / drinks breaks - but the above made me think about them and how they break football up, disrupt the flow and steal the immediacy. Regardless of the rest - they make it less beautiful. And you love football like you love your girlfriend - warts and all. But when she starts taking a knife to herself to 'improve' you get lesley ash.
Its on tbe road to the NFL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom