Football The 2018/2019 Season Thread

Embattle

FH is my second home
D) hit the players standing leg with his leading foot, even if he didn't hit the other players leg it could still come under carelessness/recklessness thus bound to get a yellow.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
D) hit the players standing leg with his leading foot, even if he didn't hit the other players leg it could still come under carelessness/recklessness thus bound to get a yellow.
Worst case it's a "contentious" decision.

These aren't red blinkers I'm wearing. I have no problems with tackles like that from any side and you often see them. Shit happens in football. Was a great tackle.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Worst case it's a "contentious" decision.

These aren't red blinkers I'm wearing. I have no problems with tackles like that from any side and you often see them. Shit happens in football. Was a great tackle.

No they are just Elton John's shades.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Commentators agreed at the time.
Please don't be talking about McManaman, he doesn't have a clue and indeed changed his mind after a couple of viewings. Just because Van Dijk got the ball doesn't mean it wasn't reckless. You're mad if you don't think it was a foul at the very least. I've seen fans from all over (including Liverpool) saying he should've been sent off.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And I've seen fans from all over saying the opposite.

I guess, like them, I'm from the 'football isn't a game for pussies' school of thought.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And if Mertens' leg had been a bit more planted and had ended up being broken all over the place, you'd have just shrugged and called it a good tackle? Play like this is why there are rules about recklessness and excessive force. Getting the ball isn't the be all and end all. It's nothing to do with it being a "game for pussies" ffs, what a childish counter. :\

Embattle

FH is my second home
And I've seen fans from all over saying the opposite.

I guess, like them, I'm from the 'football isn't a game for pussies' school of thought.

Recently I've been less bothered about watching football because of the number of players getting a bad case of the Neymar's (cheating), FIFA, ridiculous levels of pay, etc. but it doesn't change the fact that was a perfectly valid yellow for an imperfect tackle.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And if Mertens' leg had been a bit more planted and had ended up being broken all over the place, you'd have just shrugged and called it a good tackle? Play like this is why there are rules about recklessness and excessive force. Getting the ball isn't the be all and end all. It's nothing to do with it being a "game for pussies" ffs, what a childish counter. :\

I don't think it was reckless or excessive. His leg wasn't broken. He played on fine until he was subbed after nearly 70 minutes.

Do you want to completely de-risk the game? This sort of stuff is part of football. Not desirable. But part of it.

This is a simple disagreement. Some people think it's a foul. Some people disagree. I personally do fall down on the side of people who like strong hard challenges of the type we saw and see nothing wrong with them.

Do I see risk in them? Yes. Yes I do.

Acceptable risk.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Getting ever closer...

0uv1s4r5lm421.jpg

Embattle

FH is my second home
The only thing everyone doubted was the ability to finish it in a year, no one doubted it would be nice like all the new stadiums.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Out of those I would put only Man City as clear favourite with Liverpool standing a very good chance of beating Bayern, Spurs are going to need a top performance and Man U are fucked.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I still love how managers get so much even when fired.
No different than anyone at the top of any organisations.

Capitalism is about the rich making sure they're alright, Jack.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Piss poor penalty taking by Leicester, silly stuttering run ups.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm not sure Solskjaer is somebody I would parachute in to stabilise a club and save its season. He hasn't exactly had a glittering managerial career.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
My favourite bit was Alli getting whacked with a water bottle, then throwing up a 2-0 with his hands. What a little pest.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm not sure Solskjaer is somebody I would parachute in to stabilise a club and save its season. He hasn't exactly had a glittering managerial career.

This season isn't going to be saved; even 4th is probably well beyond United at this point, so it may as well be a season to be enjoyed. I expect to see some gung-ho attacking football over the next few months, but I don't expect to see the defensive issues getting fixed.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Anyone else think Solskjaer looks a bit like Andy Serkis?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom