Football The 2018/2019 Season Thread

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Today was a good day.
Danish media is all over Eriksen at the moment, and it didn't get better with his goal tonight.
Where do you reckon he'll be playing come next season?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
At last we're trying to do something about the goal difference ;)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Danish media is all over Eriksen at the moment, and it didn't get better with his goal tonight.
Where do you reckon he'll be playing come next season?
No idea. Hopefully with us. I think he said in an interview that he was going to wait until the end of the season to decide.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well football does attract a certain type.

Job

Its mob mentality actually.
Get anyone of them alone and they'd be horrified at the thought if doing it.

Football allows a mob spectator mentality more than most, though it has got a LOT better.
No more sharpened money and darts getting thrown.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

I don't understand what's going on in that video. Someone got pushed in a fountain? Looks vaguely asian? Can't see or hear any racism, just some bloke screaming and laughing?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Watched another video of the same thing @caLLous - same bloke does it to another guy. I think it's that Liverpool fan doing it to Liverpool fans.

I guess if being pitched into a fountain in Barcelona is the worst that happens then it's hardly an issue is it. Not like it's fighting. Just over-exuberance.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
If the guy he pushed in was white, no issues. He wasn't, so now all white Liv fans are labelled rascist Nazi's, this is the SJ world we live in. Completely insane! Also why I will never use twatter.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I bet that's why the club have already released a statement, because Liverpool fans were pushing other Liverpool fans into a fountain.
If the guy he pushed in was white, no issues. He wasn't, so now all white Liv fans are labelled rascist Nazi's, this is the SJ world we live in. Completely insane! Also why I will never use twatter.
It doesn't help that every single other person in the scene is white and the only 2 people who weren't white ended up in the fountain.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I bet that's why the club have already released a statement
They've released a statement because it's gone viral and, rightly or wrongly, people are going to interpret it how you have.

We don't know the facts, but LFC have to defend their brand. Simple reputation management.

At the end of the day, two people ended up in a fountain in Barcelona. Have you never pushed someone into a fountain? Ever been pushed?

Pushing people into fountains is one of the simple joys in life. If it's someone you don't know rather than one of your mates then it all depends on how that person takes it.

If it's drunken arseholes pushing street sellers into the fountain then I agree that's a shit thing to do. But it's not fighting, or bad behaviour on that level.

Job

What was their response,?
We condone...
Doesnt represent our values....
Why does anyone bother, they should just put a page on their website.

Have you seen something you dont like that is somehow connected to this club....read this.

I'd be far more impressed if they said.

Go ed lads, push the mancs in the water.

Job

They've released a statement because it's gone viral and, rightly or wrongly, people are going to interpret it how you have.

We don't know the facts, but LFC have to defend their brand. Simple reputation management.

At the end of the day, two people ended up in a fountain in Barcelona. Have you never pushed someone into a fountain? Ever been pushed?

Pushing people into fountains is one of the simple joys in life. If it's someone you don't know rather than one of your mates then it all depends on how that person takes it.

If it's drunken arseholes pushing street sellers into the fountain then I agree that's a shit thing to do. But it's not fighting, or bad behaviour on that level.
I can see the Guardian headline.
Racist Liverpol supporter Scouse, wrote on a gaming forum.
Pushing....Asians.....into a water fountain is one of the simple pleasures in life.
Weve all have done it

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I bet that's why the club have already released a statement, because Liverpool fans were pushing other Liverpool fans into a fountain.

It doesn't help that every single other person in the scene is white and the only 2 people who weren't white ended up in the fountain.
I honestly get it and agree it didn't look great, just 20 years ago the headline would be druken fans misbehave. The post was made part in jest. The narative has changed though due to social media and need to be outraged and label everything. The Covington kids was a classic example of the media going overboard after reading a couple of outrage tweets. They did not know the full storey or context but report it anyway.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I honestly get it and agree it didn't look great, just 20 years ago the headline would be druken fans misbehave. The post was made part in jest. The narative has changed though due to social media and need to be outraged and label everything. The Covington kids was a classic example of the media going overboard after reading a couple of outrage tweets. They did not know the full storey or context but report it anyway.

It was made in jest but then you make a series of points about it... OK.

The only thing that I saw about racism was on the original post with 'racist' comments or something - it was someone here that pointed out their ethnicity.

I do find it bizarre that you criticise the 'Liberal snowflake' culture when you live in Saudi Arabia, very strange indeed.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Gwadien - it looks like a video of a bunch of liverpool fans larking about and a couple of people get pushed in a fountain.

The rest is like @Hawkwind said - blown up by twitter. The original post is by an everton fan.

On a scale of 1-10 how much should we give a shit that some people got wet?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Imagine if Liverpool don't win anything after having such a good season...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom