Football The 2017/2018 Season Thread

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Silly silly by Modric, if England are going to win the World Cup nobody can give them set pieces because they’re converting them easily. They don’t look like scoring any other way mind you.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Had a few chances. Should have put at least one away.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
yaff9Qm_d.jpg

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yup been more and more pressure and loose play from us

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Were going home. Were going home. Englands going home. Lol

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
We won the first half, lost the second.

Always guilty of not finishing games off and getting punished for it, but a great world cup nonetheless for England.

The world cup isn't coming home, but the team is with the pride of England with it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Welp nice distraction for 3 weeks. Lets see how much destruction the drunk dickheads do tonight.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
A campaign to be proud of. All of the pundits were talking about taking the kids as a learning experience and writing it off before a ball had even been kicked.

With a couple of exceptions (Young, for one) I'd expect this group to still be together next time around so let's hope Southgate sticks around and we can get a real team-spirit going because I haven't enjoyed watching England as much... ever, I don't think.

It's weird, I'm having emotional deja vu with how I felt after Tottenham's CL exit at the hands of Juvé - immensely proud of the campaign as a whole but disappointed with how it ended.

All of that said; credit to Croatia. They'd played 2 matches to extra time and they were all over us in the second half and still bursting forward in extra time. Perisic and Modric were superb.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
A campaign to be proud of. All of the pundits were talking about taking the kids as a learning experience and writing it off before a ball had even been kicked.

With a couple of exceptions (Young, for one) I'd expect this group to still be together next time around so let's hope Southgate sticks around and we can get a real team-spirit going because I haven't enjoyed watching England as much... ever, I don't think.

It's weird, I'm having emotional deja vu with how I felt after Tottenham's CL exit at the hands of Juvé - immensely proud of the campaign as a whole but disappointed with how it ended.
I got de ja vu of 1990. Awesome they got this far. And no reason they should not play better next euros.

Really really want croatia to win now.

Oh and its almost worth losing for those twats that got winners tattoos. Lol

Embattle

FH is my second home
Unless France really muff up I doubt Croatia will win, plus they weren't that far behind our players in exhaustion.

Calo

Part of the furniture
First decent team and you are going home. Think the losers final will be more entertainment then the final.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Gotta give credit to England for what they’ve achieved, didn’t think they’d get this far. Said it a few times, need to find a way to score more against ‘better’ sides, just wasn’t enough in the end. Sterling sucks.

Fully expect France to win.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Pretty impressive getting to semi finals of any major tournament, will be interesting to see how it moves forward. Also positive that no press seems to have attempted to crucify anyone (yet)

Thought Henderson could have come off earlier he was looking shaky towards end of normal time.

I disagree with Big G though, I have been in Sterling sucks camp for a while but was quite impressed during WC, defence seemed to shit themselves every time he started a run, shame none of the England players seem to be able to finish in open play.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Not like hes only England player not able to find the net

Even Kane has only 1 goal from open play, rest from set pieces or penalties.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I don't see the point of Sterling. He consistently shits the bed when it comes to making a decision in the final third. He's better at City than he was at Liverpool but you can almost guarantee that, when he's running towards the opponents' box with the ball, he's going to take so long to make his mind up that he'll get surrounded by defenders and whatever he thought he was achieving will break down. Time after time exactly that happened in our 5 matches, he's fucking hopeless.

Walker made 2 god-awful clearances last night, the first he sliced out of play for a completely unnecessary corner and the second led to their extra-time goal - he'd still be at Sheffield if he wasn't quick. Kane was completely anonymous last night and Vardy has all the makings of a flash in the pan. I don't know why Rashford didn't play more tbh.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sterling is still young remember. No other England player holds the ball as well up front as him. He carried our only real threat.

Kane was anonymous. He should have been right up front with Sterling but barely got near the 18 yard box apart from at corners and free kicks - and that's not his fault.

Southgate sets em up wrong. Sterling & Kane should be up front together - sterling to receive thd ball and run at defenders, Kane to receive a pass/put it away.

Yesterday when sterling ran at the defence there were no people up there to capitalise on his good work...

Embattle

FH is my second home
As I've said before he is just another Walcott but hopefully in time he can add the last step in to become sensational.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Sterling, the one trick pony. Can run quicker than most and then does fuck all with it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As I've said before he is just another Walcott
Nah - he's way better than Walcott. His hold up play, his running at defenders etc, pretty damn good. 18 goals in the PL for a winger ain't bad either.

Southgate's tactics were off. No threat in open play with Kane on the field?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Conte finally gone. Not surprising in the least but they didn't half drag it out this time.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It'll fuck the domestic and continental leagues/cups right up the arse, all because FIFA want to line their pockets. I cannot comprehend how they will manage the disruption it'll cause.

First they said it would be fine in Summer, then they were talking about fucking artificial clouds or closed, air-conditioned stadia, and now all of a sudden it'll be too hot and they have to hold it in Winter. Meanwhile people are working in slave-like conditions and dying building the infrastructure for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom