Football The 2016/2017 Season Thread

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I saw £560k a week being thrown around a few days ago. That's enough to turn anyone's head.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I saw £560k a week being thrown around a few days ago. That's enough to turn anyone's head.

True, but they wouldn't pay him any less if he went in the summer, and he'll almost certainly have a Premier League title under his belt. I have sympathy with a 29 year old player being enticed by a massive pay-day, but it feels to me more like the agent pushing this (who knows, more favourable for tax if he goes now).

I have to say I can't see this China thing lasting; bit like the Russian money bubble, most players can't cope with living there for more than a couple of seasons. At least with MLS you also have a decent lifestyle off the pitch.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
True, but they wouldn't pay him any less if he went in the summer, and he'll almost certainly have a Premier League title under his belt. I have sympathy with a 29 year old player being enticed by a massive pay-day, but it feels to me more like the agent pushing this (who knows, more favourable for tax if he goes now).

I have to say I can't see this China thing lasting; bit like the Russian money bubble, most players can't cope with living there for more than a couple of seasons. At least with MLS you also have a decent lifestyle off the pitch.
It's definitely a valid option for a player who is nearing the end of his career but I can't understand why the likes of Witsel and Oscar would do it, it's not going to do their national team chances any good for a start. And I definitely can't understand the Costa thing halfway through a season, unless he's had an almighty bust-up with Conte and wants out. He's playing the best he's played in the prem and is probably going to cruise to the title, why not do that first then think about moving on?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Great one-footed tackle there from Lovren. Gets a yellow card.

Bullshit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And United get a goal when the first pass was way offside.

Ah well.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It's definitely a valid option for a player who is nearing the end of his career but I can't understand why the likes of Witsel and Oscar would do it, it's not going to do their national team chances any good for a start. And I definitely can't understand the Costa thing halfway through a season, unless he's had an almighty bust-up with Conte and wants out. He's playing the best he's played in the prem and is probably going to cruise to the title, why not do that first then think about moving on?

Personally I think the media is sexing up the whole thing.

Not a bad weekend for us, would of been better if LFC lost but still good.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Rooney wasn't offside a few minutes before when the flag went up so it balances out.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Sturridge has been just plain awful every time I've seen him recently.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Liverpool in destroying a striker shocker.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Sterling Pen or not? The second one, push in the back from Walker.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Absolutely a pen and a red card. We were lucky to get a point from that match.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Agree, but at the same time you see those pushes all over the pitch with no whistle. The fact that the shove put Sterling off his stride and shot and he had no chance of getting to the ball. For me a pen and also red as last defender.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Glad I missed us yesterday tbh. It's been coming a while. I figured Sadio was the missing link and the last few weeks have proved it IMO.

Got a great team at full strength but need a couple of top top quality skillful, pacy additions in attack to either improve on or cover for others...

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Got a great team at full strength but need a couple of top top quality skillful, pacy additions in attack to either improve on or cover for others...

That that is true for a lot Premiership sides at the moment. Seems to be a real lack of top forwards available though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That that is true for a lot Premiership sides at the moment. Seems to be a real lack of top forwards available though.
Yeah, and the ones that are are going for fantasy pounds.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yep :) makes a change. Not sure about the pen, definite foul in the area but he was offside when the ball was played to him. Does that negate the foul or not?
If the off side was called yes would negate the foul

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yep :) makes a change. Not sure about the pen, definite foul in the area but he was offside when the ball was played to him. Does that negate the foul or not?

It should do if the ref and linesman are on the ball.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yes because the offside happened before the foul... And I seem to remember an offside and hand-bally Koscielny winner in the reverse fixture

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom