Football The 2016/2017 Season Thread

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its two people and a steward throwing one out.

OMG ITS DESCENDED INTO CHAOS, BAN FOOTBALL

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's West Ham though, whose fans have arguably the worst reputation in the Premier League, so they have to make it sound more serious.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It was the cheer for me...go ed son, slap the fucker,

soze

I am a FH squatter
We look like right muppets at the moment £187m in the bank but we are trying to pay in instalments after meeting the buy out clause of a £17m player. Firstly is taking a gamble on a striker that got under 20 goals in Spain really a sign of intent? Secondly if the board actually want the player why are they trying to pay in instalments for a player that cost 1/10 the cash we have in the bank? Going to feel sorry for Wenger next week when he is talking about how hard we were trying to bring a player in.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Rumours circulating that Sissoko to Spurs for £30 but in 5 installments. Imagine paying £6m for every game he tries in?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
We'll take him for 30 quid.

One SSN tweet said we're paying £30m for him, then a few minutes later we are apparently not paying £30m for him and have cooled our interest. I LOVE TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

One SSN tweet said we're paying £30m for him, then a few minutes later we are apparently not paying £30m for him and have cooled our interest. I LOVE TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY.

I am so glad United aren't involved in this shitshow this year. I've hated deadline day since Lord Wrigley left.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I am so glad United aren't involved in this shitshow this year. I've hated deadline day since Lord Wrigley left.
I was content with our business, assuming we get N'Koudou from Marseille because we have moved on quite a few of our squad players over the past few days (Mason and Chadli sold, Bentaleb on loan, I believe N'Jie will go to Marseille on loan if we get N'Koudou...) and we're looking pretty thin in certain positions. That said, Janssen looks incredible so far, Wanyama is a known quantity to Poch and is obviously a beast and we've got Dembélé banned for one more game then he's back and hopefully that'll turn Eriksen into a good player again.

So yeah, it was all ok really, but then people started talking about Isco being surplus to requirements at RM and he'd either come to us on loan or "back home" to Malaga, then apparently we put in a € 40m bid for Max Meyer, we were talking about Zaha, now we're talking about Sissoko. The madness never ends (well, in about 12 hours it does).

soze

I am a FH squatter

Levy prolly offered £30m then when then accepted he sent them £3m and said they misheard him :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Thirty million is a high price for him but he was obviously disinterested at Newcastle and if (big if) Poch can get him performing closer to the "Euros Sissoko" than "Newcastle Sissoko" he would be a hell of a player. The way it's looking at the moment though we're not going to sign anyone, as per. We're going into 4 competitions (including the Champions League ffs) with arguably a thinner squad than we had last season.

soze

I am a FH squatter
You are going to be running like we were now while you pay for the stadium. I assume it is loans and Levy is not financing it himself?

This is a weird transfer market for me. I think we have bought in good players our midfield looks like it could have some bit now. And the defence is looking promising. I just hope that BFG comes back and is in the Hypia role and helps behind the scenes and plays as backup. I do not rate him week in week out now. We still need some players out on loan like Chambers and maybe the Ox give them a proper chance to kick on. The fact they are trying to loan Jack out could be great. If he plays 50 games and stays fit (which he might at another club lol) he could come back the player he always could have been.

But still what we have needed for the last 8 years is a 30 goal a season striker. And I still don't think we have one.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
News is Wheelchair has fallen out the transfer window and hurt himself.

soze

I am a FH squatter
4/10 but I did laugh. There was another one about the speculation caused him to pull his groin. Two jokes in one.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Jack getting stick for picking Bournemouth his football could have benefited from a year in Itally but think he is staying close to his kids.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Must be embarrassing enough for him to be a senior player at Arsenal and get loaned out at all. Oh well.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I think getting dropped by Bug Sam made his mind up. Only got 30 minutes of Football for us. He needs the games.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fuck it I'm happy with Sissoko, let's just hope Poch gets the best out of him. We've all seen what he is capable of.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
We matched their bid and they've withdrawn. SSN just said Everton had a medical lined up for him (and a jet to fly him to Liverpool) but he turned his phone off.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Liverpool made 10 million.

Still didn't buy a left back. We'll see eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom