Football The 2016/2017 Season Thread

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Surely you mean those shithole terraces which over the span of decades Liverpool bought and allowed to fall into a state of neglect with the end goal being them forcing out people who wouldn't sell or move. It's a fucking disgrace!
Well yeah, and such a terrible advert for Liverpool ,away fans basically turn up to see derelict and boarded up terraced houses with trees growing out of the windows, right next to the main entrance, then go home with their idea of Liverpool reinforced.
One of the houses was used to sell tea through a window, it still had the original prices from the 60's painted on the walls ..3d.
It is a shithole of a road tbh anyway.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Mhmm Rachel Riley. I forgot she was doing Friday Night Football with Jeff Stelling.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Oh yeah Hull are absolutely nailed on to go straight back down again...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
They've only got 13 fit players and it's a long way to 40 points.
I'm sure they'll come crashing back down but it's a great start for them. Considering how not very many pundits thought they'd pick up many points at all, here they are with a 6 out of 6.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Nice to see liverpool keeping up their performances

Marc

FH is my second home
I know it's a cliche about Liverpool fans being the most embarrassing of fans but shit, I didn't realise how bad it was until they beat Barcelona in a pre season friendly. I shit you not, my Facebook feed is full of them. Even though they lost to Burnley they will still win the league because apparently, if you can beAt barca in a friendly then you are destined to win the league

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I know it's a cliche about Liverpool fans being the most embarrassing of fans but shit, I didn't realise how bad it was until they beat Barcelona in a pre season friendly. I shit you not, my Facebook feed is full of them. Even though they lost to Burnley they will still win the league because apparently, if you can beAt barca in a friendly then you are destined to win the league
I think barca were one week into their pre season and pool were nearing the end. Iirc

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Reckon it's worth putting £1 on Hull winning the league?

soze

I am a FH squatter
"Why do you say I'm reluctant? If I buy you tomorrow for £45million I have spent £45million and I would have done well because I will have listened to you but spending the money in itself is not a quality. Spending the money buying a top player is different and we are ready to do it.

"I just said I'd spend £300million if I find the player and I had £300million. Do not forget we are a club who has 600 employees who we have to have a responsibility to as well. It's a bit surprising you come out of games and don't speak about football. You have to speak about money.

"You have to respect the players who played and the performance from both teams. If we find the players to strengthen our team then we are not reluctant to spend the money.

"They (the fans) are highly influenced by the media, that's part of the process today. We try to make the right decisions, it's as simple as that.

"We have a whole team working on the strengthening of the team. I'm not the only one. Unfortunately no-one speaks about the performance of Rob Holding. You should be happy, he is English and 20-years-old. I am sorry he didn't cost £55million so he can't be good."
Getting sick of being blamed for wanting my club to do better. Just come out and say the board and the owner are happy milking the champions league cash cow. So as long as the fans keep taking it up the arse and paying for tickets we do not really need to spend any money as we have no ambitions of winning the league.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The inlaws are football fanatics, they watched the GB hockey team win Gold, said today they found a football match later a bit boring.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Hmm Celtic away in Israel tonight, and strangely enough not a Palestinian flag in site.

What's the matter folks, left your testicles back in Dublin?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Hmm Celtic away in Israel tonight, and strangely enough not a Palestinian flag in site.

What's the matter folks, left your testicles back in Dublin?
Should have left the political statement outside of the grounds in the first place. Sport and politics shouldn't mix

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Knowing the average Celtic fan they can't even spell political, never mind make a statement. I suspect they thought they were taking the piss....

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Should have left the political statement outside of the grounds in the first place. Sport and politics shouldn't mix

The award for the "most niave statement ever posted on the internet" goes to...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Surely you mean those shithole terraces which over the span of decades Liverpool bought and allowed to fall into a state of neglect with the end goal being them forcing out people who wouldn't sell or move. It's a fucking disgrace!
Nah. The terraces around there were shitholes. Anfields' been a shithole of an area for a long long time.

New stadium's been in the offing for a long time and slowly the club's been buying the immediate surrounding area. The stubborn few were offered way over the odds for their houses and could easily have taken that cash and bought again one or two streets over, but in the end the ones that were left were weirdos who hated the club and who were doing everything they could to try and obstruct what was going on - even if it meant cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

Zero sympathy tbh. If the club had offered them the going rate for their shitholes then I'd be on their side, but when they were getting offered double or triple then the only reason they weren't taking that massive cash bonus was because they were either inscrutable arseholes or in desparate need of mental help.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Getting sick of being blamed for wanting my club to do better. Just come out and say the board and the owner are happy milking the champions league cash cow. So as long as the fans keep taking it up the arse and paying for tickets we do not really need to spend any money as we have no ambitions of winning the league.
You came second last year to a freaky Leicester side.

But I do have sympathy. They should have bid 150m for Suarez.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Nah. The terraces around there were shitholes. Anfields' been a shithole of an area for a long long time.

New stadium's been in the offing for a long time and slowly the club's been buying the immediate surrounding area. The stubborn few were offered way over the odds for their houses and could easily have taken that cash and bought again one or two streets over, but in the end the ones that were left were weirdos who hated the club and who were doing everything they could to try and obstruct what was going on - even if it meant cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

Zero sympathy tbh. If the club had offered them the going rate for their shitholes then I'd be on their side, but when they were getting offered double or triple then the only reason they weren't taking that massive cash bonus was because they were either inscrutable arseholes or in desparate need of mental help.

I kind of agree; the holdouts around Anfield over the last few years have been the mad, bad and sad, but...Liverpool have been pretty underhanded in their dealings with residents over the years, and when they first started buying up properties (actually nearly 20 years ago now) they were really sneaky about it, using third parties and low ball offers. There was a really good series of articles about it in the Graun by David Conn a few years back and Liverpool don't come out of it well.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
when they first started buying up properties (actually nearly 20 years ago now) they were really sneaky about it, using third parties and low ball offers
You would be sneaky and use 3rd parties though, wouldn't you? Because if you wanted to buy a house, but the sellers knew you were LFC rather than average joe then they'd hike the price up.

But they'd still sell at a normal price to average Joe...

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Leicester, Porto and Brügge.. See you* in the final 16 lads, woop woop!!

*United and Liverpool, NOT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom