Football The 2015/2016 Season Thread

Himse

FH is my second home
Arsenal fans chanting boring boring Chelsea with the bus parked :D

Pretty meh game. Chelsea deserved to lose it though, sloppy in parts. Fabregas in the first half was awful.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Arsenal in the second half was everything people said Arsenal could not be. We held the back well (ish) and should have got at least one more on the break. That Giroud chance should at least have been on target. But the Chelsea finishing was as bad as ours luckily so we managed to hold out OK.

Ivanobitch standing infront of the keeper was pathetic though you don't need to be a cunt like that.

Himse

FH is my second home
Arsenal in the second half was everything people said Arsenal could not be. We held the back well (ish) and should have got at least one more on the break. That Giroud chance should at least have been on target. But the Chelsea finishing was as bad as ours luckily so we managed to hold out OK.

Ivanobitch standing infront of the keeper was pathetic though you don't need to be a cunt like that.

You defended pretty well, mostly because we were woeful though :D Hazard didnt even turn up today. He should've been subbed before Ramires.

Ah well, I look forward to the season ahead.

Embattle

FH is my second home

While I did say this year is the first one I truly believe Arsenal stand a good chance in quite a while I wouldn't go too far just yet. Arsenal have been known to defend well in other seasons but it often comes apart at various times in the season due to injuries and Wengers habit to revert back to formations etc that he prefers rather that ones that get the job done.

No offence our finishing was also considerably worse, it mirrored certain times when we seemed to lack the killer last shot which will be a concern if the first few games follow a similar pattern.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think for both clubs, fitness of key players will decide league position this year.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well Costa for me is turning into a worry with this repetitive hamstring issue.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I hope falcao has as much form this year as last

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Looking forward to the start of the season :)

Arsenal looked great in patches, they could be challenging for the top spot this season!

Utd have suprised me by not bringing in an experienced centre half!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Arsenal will look great up until Christmas/January . Same procedure as every year

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think I am happy with my starting team for fantasy football! for the next few hours anyway.

Dropped Kane to the bench this week though, I think UTD are going to hit the ground running.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Arsenal will look great up until Christmas/January . Same procedure as every year

weren't Arsenal good after Christmas last season? I thought it was their crap start that made it hard for them to ever catch Chelsea?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!

Arsenal were unbelievable after Christmas, their problem last season was being 11 points behind Chelsea after the first 15 games or something, for the remaining fixtures they were only 1 behind.

It's going to be tough to call, but that's why the premier league can be the best to watch, there's more than just 2 that have a chance.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I think I am happy with my starting team for fantasy football! for the next few hours anyway.

Dropped Kane to the bench this week though, I think UTD are going to hit the ground running.

Never mind the team I'm stuck with the obligatory silly name. I had Norfolk and Chance last year, with Wenger Didn't See It the year before, completely stumped this year though. Best I can come up with is Dukes of Hazard (dull and obvious) or Partick Thistle Nil :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Only because they insist on spending vast sums on money on mediocre players. We have already covered that. Bleating on about it wont change it :)

What the fuck are you on about?

Oh, I get it. You think I'm talking about lollerpool. Go back and read the post. Facepalm for you, sonny lad. I clearly was talking about the whole league - otherwise I'd have said football's a closed shop for 20% (for mathematical accuracy) - and ignored the rest. But I didn't.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I think his point was you lumping Liverpool into the 99.99% of teams who can't compete when you've more than got the financial muscle to, you just always buy overpriced rubbish.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
This season as a fine example of getting a load of cash then rushing out to spend it on tat. Do the management at Lollerpool think that if they don't spend it instantly someone will have off with it?

I bet Lerner is still giggling like a school girl. Cashly is probably having a good laugh too. They should start a club.

Brenda has spent £289,000,000 on players since taking over...that's quite a whack. A huge amount. Then there is the other hundreds of millions spent by other managers on players that turned out to be donkeys too.

Money is not everything, it is only one factor in what it takes to win the prem. Plenty of clubs have no ambition of winning the league.

I would also love for someone to point out a league where it is different, or as entertaining.

Last edited:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Typical Scouser - it's always somebody else's fault.

Probably Thatcher's at a guess.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
God, I am considering having early nights so that Saturday comes round quicker.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
God, I am considering having early nights so that Saturday comes round quicker.
Im having late nights and late days so saturday at five am comes sooner when i go on holiday.

Will miss three saturdays of the footy league :(

soze

I am a FH squatter
Wilshere is out with a suspected hairline fracture of his left fibula.

He really has shit luck.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Wilshere is out with a suspected hairline fracture of his left fibula.

He really has shit luck.
He is made of twigs obviously. Ramsey will start the season and be awesome then get injured I wonder if the same will happen with Walcott? For fantasy get Walcott and Ramsey in your team until they definitely get injured, they are usually awesome up until that point (3 weeks in :D)

soze

I am a FH squatter
He is made of twigs obviously. Ramsey will start the season and be awesome then get injured I wonder if the same will happen with Walcott? For fantasy get Walcott and Ramsey in your team until they definitely get injured, they are usually awesome up until that point (3 weeks in :D)
I think this is the first time Jack will miss months without have actually played a game he is getting worse.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Getting the injury crisis out of the way early in the season... smart move Arsene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom