Football The 2015/2016 Season Thread

soze

I am a FH squatter
That is not really true about Chelsea. Since 2003 they have spent £960m on that squad. They sell players at a loss because it does not matter to them. The last few years they might be in the black but they is only because they had a squad they dropped nearly a billion quid on to sell from. It is like a Billionaire going to a car boot sale and taking more selling the shit he does not want than a millionaire dose. I do think Chelsea are doing better and City are now the mosted hated team in the league for me but I still don't think they should be held up as a good example.

The team or person I think does the best is Levy at Spurs. That guy seems like he could buy a dog shit and just through being pig stubborn he will end up selling it on for a profit.

Liverpool could be doing better with the unknowns Newcastle have found a couple of quality players recently but the problem with being Liverpool / Arsenal / Spurs is that as soon as an agent hears you are interested he tells everyone else. And Chelsea and City even if they do not want the player can buy and bench them. Even if there is no interest from them the agents still fake it to drive up prices.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Levy is a god tbh. He gets moaned about from time to time but there's just no way we would be in the financial position we're in now without him. Especially concerning the stadium redevelopment, he's saved so much money through the NFL thing and you just know he will eek out every penny with sponsorship and naming rights etc.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Sure they have bought a couple of stinkers, a good example being Ba but they only paid 7mil for him and he is probably close to Benteke in quality...32million Benteke.

Woeful youth system, dumb buying habits
Don't be knocking wor Demba, I love that Senegalese prince! Plus he's miles better than Benteke.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Benteke scored 12 in 12 for Villa at the end of last season. I would rather have him that Ba any day of the week. He might cost more but he is younger and much less of an injury worry. Benteke with decent service could be a 25 goal a season striker.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Aye and one in his previous 15 games. Don't get me wrong I'm not shitting on Benteke, but I think Ba is the better player at the moment (I do still have a massive chub on for Ba though, so I might be biased).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No I didn't. I just said they weren't as bad as everyone made out (they finished 2nd)

Also, pointing out the obvious failings of the management team and culture at the club is hardly hating them either...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I still am "almost" a spurs fan...only because my wife is and my brother in-laws are both Arsenal. Still a neutral in the prem though.

I don't really get how liking a few teams means you support them either. There are several premiership teams I like to see do well and several that make me smile when they lose.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
I was also "almost" a spurs fan until they started threatening Arsenal for the 4th place... I also follow Liverpool at a distance because I have a close friend who is a die hard 'pool fan, it's nice to be able to poke fun at him and follow along in conversations in general.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I have a soft spot for Everton because they are a. the first team I ever saw live (along with Ipswich, but...meh), and they're "not Liverpool", and if I had to pick a London team, Spurs were always my default choice; no idea why, except it couldn't be Arsenal and I have an irrational hatred of West Ham fans (probably because they're as delusional as Newcastle fans, but with added cockney racism), and Chelsea were never remotely interesting when I was growing up. Also, despite me being a lifelong United fan, for some reason I could never bring myself to hate Leeds the way a proper United fan should, probably because I've lived both sides of the Pennines.

DaGaffer

I thought everyone hates leeds

I know. I should hate Leeds, because let's face it, Leeds are awful. But I don't, not the way I detest Liverpool. To be honest I don't hate City either. In a way it's kind of OK that United have a genuine local rival now.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have Chelsea, City and Utd a lot lot more than I hate Spuds. I have never got on board with Hating them. I like Liverpool and Newcastle a lot. I detest Stoke and QPR.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
West Ham fans (probably because they're as delusional as Newcastle fans, but with added cockney racism),
You obviously read too many newspapers.

I don't really 'hate' any teams, Villa and both the scouse teams maybe. But the likes of Middlesbrough (just too irrelevant to care about) and Sunderland, meh. I'd rather see more teams from up here in the Prem anyway.

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I'm rooting for MK dons to make it to the Prem one day, they have a really nice stadium and it would be nice to see a few premiership games locally.

Northampton will never get anywhere, there just isn't the support (Rugby town) or the financial backing. We have just been sold to an Indian consortium but I think they are more interested in the land that came with the ground, tons of it in an area that is open to new housing/retail etc.

DaGaffer

You obviously read too many newspapers.

I don't really 'hate' any teams, Villa and both the scouse teams maybe. But the likes of Middlesbrough (just too irrelevant to care about) and Sunderland, meh. I'd rather see more teams from up here in the Prem anyway.

In relation to West Ham, or Newcastle? Because I've met plenty of West Ham fans and Upton Park is the nastiest football stadium I've been to (as in atmosphere and people being arseholes). I don't think Newcastle fans are delusional any more, but the whole "big club" thing was definitely something that went long past its sell-by date.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
In relation to West Ham, or Newcastle? Because I've met plenty of West Ham fans and Upton Park is the nastiest football stadium I've been to (as in atmosphere and people being arseholes). I don't think Newcastle fans are delusional any more, but the whole "big club" thing was definitely something that went long past its sell-by date.
It was aimed toward the Newcastle comment. I do think a lot of Newcastle fans, including myself, consider us a big club, but we by no means think we deserve to be in the top 6 every season like most rags will have you believing. Mid table Prem team, that's what we are. The majority just want us to even appear to be trying to progress rather than remaining stagnant with finishing above 18th as our target.

West Ham though... I've never been to Upton Park, heard some horror stories about that place and many other London grounds though.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Fucking blatter being showered with money haha. That was priceless, he looked proper freaked out.... like he thought it was the feds. Dirty fucker what he is.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Umm... I'm a Leeds supporter :(

/leaves thread

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
So we've signed Mitrovic now too. Guess now I've gotta pretend to watch the Belgian league when really all I've done is watch a compilation video on YouTube.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So we've signed Mitrovic now too. Guess now I've gotta pretend to watch the Belgian league when really all I've done is watch a compilation video on YouTube.
You be watching championship football soon ;)

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm very happy to be here. I came here to win trophies. I came here to reach some great goals with the team. It was the right club for me because I had a good chat with the manager and I wanted to be part of his project.

Benteke knows he has joined Liverpool right :p

I will find it funny if Man City buy Kevin De Bruyne for £60m or anything near it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's like when Mark Hughes said that Glen Johnson was "delighted to be joining Stoke". Nobody would ever be delighted to join Stoke.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
It's like when Mark Hughes said that Glen Johnson was "delighted to be joining Stoke". Nobody would ever be delighted to join Stoke.

You could argue that he was happy, you might even say he was... stoked...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom