Total NET 13.1m

2013/2014
Liverpool spent 77m
Liverpool sold 25m
Total NET 52m

Chelsea spent 136m
Chelsea sold 97m
Total NET 39m

Similar story for the last 5 years or so.

Liverpool have spent more than Chelsea nearly every season. You're wrong, the simple to read sales history speaks for itself.

Stats from Soccorbase.com

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1563&teamTabs=transfers

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=536&teamTabs=transfers

Interestingly Liverpool spent nearly 80 million NET last season to do worse than they did the season before, poor hard up Liverpool. Chelsea spent 13mil to win.

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Too late to edit, actually you would have to go back to 09/10 for when Liverpool didn't spend silly money...the year they replaced Alonso (30 mil) with Aquilani (20 mil) What a great bit of business that was.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Sorry but Liverpool has spent quite a lot in the last few years no matter which set of figures you use, in the end they just buy badly and unlike the top teams they can't ignore it as easily when the player/players don't perform up to the required standard.

Liverpool are a UEFA cup team and I really don't see them doing any better this year considering the manager and team they currently have at the club.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Bahaha

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33557059

32.5 million for Benteke. That's nearly as funny as 35 for Carol.

It's because we can't attract the top players (because we're not rich enough to buy Benteke for the bench) and we can't afford to start another season without a striker.

I think Benteke is a bit Heskey myself, but them's the breaks when you can't afford to spunk 50 million on a kid and keep on spending...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You are spending 32 million on a donkey, some clubs only dream about that sort of money.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You are spending 32 million on a donkey, some clubs only dream about that sort of money.

1) His premier league goalscoring record hardly suggests "donkey". But yeah, I'm not a fan. Got an alternative we should buy who's A) better and B) will come?

2) So fucking what if some clubs can only dream about that sort of money?

LFC can only dream about having Man City levels of money - and in the end of the day the guys with the most money are the ones who are most competetive and are the ones who generally win the league.

Aston Villa have enough money to make Brighton fans spunk in their pants. But both clubs are pointless because unless some rich fucker buys them they can dream of a cup run at best.

Financial inequality makes most clubs pointless entities that exist just for existence's sake. That's why I don't class it as a sport unless you're playing it at amateur level. The premier league is just a spectacle - it's not a sport any more. There's very little sporting left about it...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
If the Benteke deal goes through, Liverpool will have spent close to 100million this season already

Poor, hard up Liverpool

Himse

FH is my second home
Benteke did well at a side putting in crosses, Liverpool have THE lowest cross rate in the league last season, but they have signed some wider players so maybe things will change.

But how many fkin strikers do they need? Balotelli, Lambert, Origi, Borini, Sturridge, Benteke, Ings & you could count Firmino, although im sure he'll play wide

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If the Benteke deal goes through, Liverpool will have spent close to 100million this season already

30 million.

50 from sale of Sterling. 80 spent.

With quite a few players going out of the door...

But how many fkin strikers do they need? Balotelli, Lambert, Origi, Borini, Sturridge, Benteke, Ings & you could count Firmino, although im sure he'll play wide

Lambert, Balotelli and Borini are going. Firminho isn't a striker. That leaves perma-crocked Sturridge, Benteke, young Ings and young Origi.

Wierd one, that.

E I ;)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
30 million.

50 from sale of Sterling. 80 spent.

With quite a few players going out of the door...

Lambert, Balotelli and Borini are going. Firminho isn't a striker. That leaves perma-crocked Sturridge, Benteke, young Ings and young Origi.

E I ;)
As if anyone would buy balotelli for anythi g like you paid for him. And borini you tried to get rid of last year and didnt. Lambert will stay and be a back up.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As if anyone would buy balotelli for anythi g like you paid for him. And borini you tried to get rid of last year and didnt. Lambert will stay and be a back up.
Ballotelli was £16m - if we get half that then win. Borini we've been trying to get rid of for two years - if he stays again then he's not actually a footballer. Lambert to West Brom.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Ballotelli was £16m - if we get half that then win. Borini we've been trying to get rid of for two years - if he stays again then he's not actually a footballer. Lambert to West Brom.
If you get half of what you paid for someone a year ago how is that win? We're going to make a massive loss on Soldado if we can shift him (even though Poch wants to keep him), it's anything but a win and we've had him for 2 seasons.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Shows what a bad buy balotelli and borini were by your managerif you cant get rid of them and they are still not old.

soze

I am a FH squatter
If you get half of what you paid for someone a year ago how is that win? We're going to make a massive loss on Soldado if we can shift him (even though Poch wants to keep him), it's anything but a win and we've had him for 2 seasons.
Getting £8m and saving his wages has to be better than keeping him for another 3 years on what must be the £100k a week mark? Spend £15m keeping him with all his bagage or make £8m selling him. Easy choice if someone will take him.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Getting £8m and saving his wages has to be better than keeping him for another 3 years on what must be the £100k a week mark? Spend £15m keeping him with all his bagage or make £8m selling him. Easy choice if someone will take him.
Not a win though its cutting your losses.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Because as they said when they signed him - £16m isn't a massive outlay.

I agree that losses ain't great any time but if we get £10m and shot then he was worth the punt.

It's not like the lad doesn't have talent...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Because as they said when they signed him - £16m isn't a massive outlay.

I agree that losses ain't great any time but if we get £10m and shot then he was worth the punt.

It's not like the lad doesn't have talent...
Withthe money you gotforsuarez you should have been able to buy a much more consistent striker for last season rather than taking a punt imo

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Withthe money you gotforsuarez you should have been able to buy a much more consistent striker for last season rather than taking a punt imo

Not necessarily. It's becoming increasingly obvious that the best talent isn't interested in living in the rainy Northwest unless you pay top dollar AND have regular CL football. Liverpool struggle with both.

Don't forget Suarez came to Liverpool with a barrel load of "issues" when he came from Ajax (he'd already had a biting ban), so maybe they thought they could repeat history getting Balotelli on the cheap.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Cant rate correctly - but what gaff said ..

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Cant rate correctly - but what gaff said ..
So 65 to 75 mil isnt top dollar for a striker to come to liverpool?

Its what yougotfor suarez. And im sure you could have got Falcao for less than that last year.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So 65 to 75 mil isnt top dollar for a striker to come to liverpool?

Its what yougotfor suarez. And im sure you could have got Falcao for less than that last year.

It's not the transfer fees, its the wage bill that's the problem

soze

I am a FH squatter
It's not the transfer fees, its the wage bill that's the problem
Yes Falco took £265k a week at Utd according to the press. That is £68m in wages over 5 years plus the £40-£50m it would cost to buy him. Prices are crazy these days spending £100m plus over 5 years for someone who might only get you 15 goals a season is a massive gamble.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not to mention that he'd never have come to LFC in the first place as we can't afford the raft of players on those terms that help the richest clubs compete at the level they do...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Bullshit, Liverpool can still pull in decent players, if they had a decent scouting network. Other clubs manage to get decent quality unknowns.

Also, when was the last time they developed anyone good? Gerrard? All Liverpool seem to do is chuck crazy money at average players and expect to do well, its just not going to happen. Saying, "Oh we can't afford decent players so we spend more than other top clubs" and you do spend more than some other clubs above you...doesn't make any sense.

I can't stand Chelsea but they have done some stupidly good business over the last couple of years. They haven't rushed out to buy anyone they can when they have sold players, they have bought real quality. Fabrigas, Willan, Costa, Matic, all bought with money from sales. Then they have picked up some decent youngsters for reasonable prices, planning for the future, Zouma, Azpilicueta etc

Sure they have bought a couple of stinkers, a good example being Ba but they only paid 7mil for him and he is probably close to Benteke in quality...32million Benteke.

Woeful youth system, dumb buying habits

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom