Football The 2015/2016 Season Thread

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It could be a great price but he certainly isn't the finished article yet.

And to be fair to him he could have stayed at Liverpool and never won anything or moved to a club that will win things.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And to be fair to him he could have stayed at Liverpool and never won anything or moved to a club that will win things.
I have serious doubts about Pellegrini, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't win anything there either tbh. The amount of money that has been spunked on their squad, it's starting to get embarrassing that they're not winning stuff regularly.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Liverpool cant keep anyone it seems. No one wants to stay there heh

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Glad we've got Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin. Didn't watch much of Schneiderlin but I'm guessing he's the legs and energy to help cover Schweinsteiger or Carrick?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
"Domestic" player premium. City don't have enough of 'em, so he's worth it for them.
This.

He could go either way, though I suspect being at city with better players and higher expectations will do him no end of good.

Of course, I'd love to see him fail hard. ;)

Himse

FH is my second home
Really pleased Ranieri is back in the premier league, quality manager & im hoping he'll push Leicester to play some nice football.

Also the Utd signing are quality, Bastian will definitely bring some quality to that middle of midfield & Schneiderlin will provide some much needed cover & energy for the back 4.

Pretty pleased with Chelseas pick ups at the moment. Hoping we perhaps pick up a squad player if Mikel leaves. Begovic is a quality back up, surprised we got somebody that good for a #2!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Otamendi would be an amazing signing, but I'd hate to see him leave Valencia. But I think the De Gea/Ramos deal is as good as done now that Iker is off to Porto

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Otamendi would be an amazing signing, but I'd hate to see him leave Valencia. But I think the De Gea/Ramos deal is as good as done now that Iker is off to Porto

Until Lloris got injured, that made sense, but if De Gea goes, who's good enough to replace him in the next month? Valdes? Maybe (but I doubt it), but De Gea was the reason why United got 4th last year which is worth a lot more than the 25-30m they'd get for him from Real. Bottom line is there are alternatives to Ramos, there are fewer alternatives to De Gea.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I have serious doubts about Pellegrini, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't win anything there either tbh. The amount of money that has been spunked on their squad, it's starting to get embarrassing that they're not winning stuff regularly.
But, compared also to what Liverpool have wasted and do even worse than City I don't think it's as bad (holy fuck my sentence there is a cross between Dutch and retard).

I like Rodgers but christ knows how he has kept his job, have they got a striker yet? I like that Belgian guy they had a year or so ago but had to leave on loan, he was awesome in the world cup.

Edit - Ramos is too dear, 30m for someone who is almost 30 is mental and Sterling is not worth that in a million years, also City have players like him. Mata is a special player but I don't think he is seen as fast enough as an out and out striker. God knows why clubs never seem to like him enough for him to be first choice, maybe he's a bit idle sometimes?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
They picked up that Firmino chap from Hoffenheim for £29m but I know nothing about him (except he can play as a striker).

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
It's a been a great summer so far for United, our biggest weakness last season became the lack of cover for Michael Carrick. We've signed two players who are more than capable of playing the holding role, the formation possibilities for Utd are all the better with Morgan and Bastien. A real good centre half to help out at the back with experience would be the icing on the cake. I'm hoping a striker is on the way as well!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Until Lloris got injured, that made sense, but if De Gea goes, who's good enough to replace him in the next month? Valdes? Maybe (but I doubt it), but De Gea was the reason why United got 4th last year which is worth a lot more than the 25-30m they'd get for him from Real. Bottom line is there are alternatives to Ramos, there are fewer alternatives to De Gea.
Valdes will do fine now that United has some quality to assist Carrick in the midfield. They'll be able to control the games much more and Valdes won't be as busy as De Gea was

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
But, compared also to what Liverpool have wasted and do even worse than City

You're joking right? Liverpool are second-tier spenders and a selling club.

Good player at LFC = leaving for a wealthier club.

Torres > Chelski. Suarez > Barca. Sterling > City.

We're the new Aston Villa. I.E. Pointless.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Aha, no. The spending league tables say otherwise. You have spent most of what you have made from selling players, mostly on garbage mind you but spent none-the-less.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You have spent most of what you have made from selling players, mostly on garbage mind you but spent none-the-less.

Not going to get into this argument again. Net spending, not gross spending, is all that matters. Period.

Even Christian Purslow said we were "scraping the bottom of the barrel" with the new owners - and to be fair to the new guys - at least they're not asset strippers like the last lot.

What they are, however, is not rich enough to keep up with the clubs that have petroleum baron levels of wealth...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Your NET spending is pretty much up there with the other clubs though...it has been for years.

The trouble is, where other teams pay 27mil for the likes of Fabregas or (around) 35 million for Sanchez, Liverpool go and blow 35 mil on Andy Carroll and the like.

Liverpool do spend, just really badly.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oh ffs. You can't compare LFC's ability to spend money to that of Chelski, United or City. They're not even close in terms of disposable income - and we've been spending to make up time from being owned by asset strippers.

Can you see LFC spending 50 million on a 20 year old kid? Or 75 million on a striker? No - and it's because we can't do that and have any sort of squad.

You keep bringing up the Andy Carroll thing but it's been done to death - his value was determined by the price that Chelski paid for Torres. We wanted Andy Carroll + 15 million for Torres - and that was the deal we got. IIRC the money didn't even touch LFC's bank account...

We're a selling club because we ain't got the cash that a tiny number of clubs above us have - and they're the ones that will win things. Tottenham can't win shit. Arsenal won't unless they spend a bit. This season is between the three biggest spenders - United, Chelski and City. Arsenal too if they splash.

What's so hard to see that football is *totally* about money? So what if we're richer than 95% of clubs. We're poorer and spend less than the 5% that actually win things...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom