Football The 2014/2015 Season Thread

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He should be OK but that is a mighty risk.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Juventus manager just quit, rumours are it could be because Vidal is being sold because it's come out of nowhere.
yes, his statement he realised it would be a lot harder to win anything this year. They are clearly selling from under him.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Liverpools deal for Markovic looks a bit messy 50% stake only no controlling interest so if they ever go to sell him it could get blocked?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Liverpools deal for Markovic looks a bit messy 50% stake only no controlling interest so if they ever go to sell him it could get blocked?

No. It's illegal to have 3rd party ownership in the PL.

Liverpool had to pay Benfica and a 3rd party to get Markovic...

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Thought those types of deals had been outlawed in the PL?

soze

I am a FH squatter
No. It's illegal to have 3rd party ownership in the PL.

Liverpool had to pay Benfica and a 3rd party to get Markovic...
Oh so you had to pay the £9m twice to get him? That makes more sense I did not know why you would want a a deal that complicated but I just missed the point lol :)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
BsnbSnyCIAAaHtj.png

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Markovic sounds like an amazing prospect by all accounts. Lots of good players arriving in the Prem for next season :)

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Can't wait for you to get over your petty hatred of Chelsea and/or actually support a team. It's so easy to spend your time taking a pop at anyone and everyone else when you have no investment.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Should I pick one with the most money or the nicest legs?

You don't just pick a team out of the top flight, you pick your local team or one where you have a connection. Like I have said, watching them on match of the day is not a connection.

It just so happens we have loads of people who live on Fulham road or in trafford... or something.

Besides which, I don't hate Chelsea in the same way I don't hate clowns.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
And who are you to decide what connection people do or don't have with a team? How many games did you go to last year? Do people on here have to scan in their ticket stubs and send them to you to be 'valid' fans of a club?

If that's your attitude you're just Turamber 2.0, and I apologise whole-heartedly for such a callous insult. ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I went to nearly 20 last year. I support my local team though, not the one with the most money at any given time.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Less games than I went to (not all Chelsea), am I a 'better' football fan than you then?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No, you are probably still a glory hunter (Or were initially)

Its funny how everyone had a pop at Aada for suddenly starting to support City over UTD when they basically did the same thing with their team of choice, seeing them on TV winning a few games and then following them.

You only need to look at the bigger teams fanbase before and after money came in. Look at City now, they could hardly fill a small stadium 10 years ago. Look at UTDs following after a single season (even on here the UTD fans seem to have evaporated) of not winning anything. The same thing will happen to Chelsea sooner or later.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Its funny how everyone had a pop at Aada for suddenly starting to support City over UTD when they basically did the same thing with their team of choice, seeing them on TV winning a few games and then following them.

You only need to look at the bigger teams fanbase before and after money came in. Look at City now, they could hardly fill a small stadium 10 years ago.

Changing teams when you're past the age of say...seven, is just lame.

NB. To be fair to City, they were always a pretty well-supported team; Maine Road was a shithole but it was usually well-attended, even when they were in free-fall.

And for the record, yes, I've actually lived in Old Trafford. Leighton Road, which is just over a mile from the stadium.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved

You only need to look at the bigger teams fanbase before and after money came in. Look at City now, they could hardly fill a small stadium 10 years ago. Look at UTDs following after a single season (even on here the UTD fans seem to have evaporated) of not winning anything. The same thing will happen to Chelsea sooner or later.

I've supported Chelsea since I was a kid, because I supported Villa with my dad when I was little then when he walked out on me and my mum I told my mum I was going to switch to supporting whoever beat Villa next - just happened to be Chelsea. Guess I was a glory hunting 7 year old.

Himse

FH is my second home
Doesn't mean every fan is a 'glory hunter'

24 years a Chelsea fan, before any money. No I don't go to every game but I do go when I can get a ticket / afford it.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Should I pick one with the most money or the nicest legs?

You don't just pick a team out of the top flight, you pick your local team or one where you have a connection. Like I have said, watching them on match of the day is not a connection.

It just so happens we have loads of people who live on Fulham road or in trafford... or something.

Besides which, I don't hate Chelsea in the same way I don't hate clowns.

I love this post and may marry you.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Do we have to go through the whole "im the only true fan everyone else is a glory hunter" malarky every year?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Can't wait for you to get over your petty hatred of Chelsea and/or actually support a team. It's so easy to spend your time taking a pop at anyone and everyone else when you have no investment.
Yeah it's not just Chelsea. He's a dick about pretty much every team in the top half of the league.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I've supported Chelsea since I was a kid, because I supported Villa with my dad when I was little then when he walked out on me and my mum I told my mum I was going to switch to supporting whoever beat Villa next - just happened to be Chelsea. Guess I was a glory hunting 7 year old.
I supported Man U before the premiereship years way back before fergie time. Ron Atkinson was the manager I think and we hadn't won't a league title I. Years and were nine or so behind Liverpool. Was when I was around nine or so thirty years ago.

I support my local team. Well where I grew up. Stevenage FC as well. But I am far fro glory hunting supporting Man U. It just worked out that way.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
He also came dangerously close to declaring himself a Spurs fan after our transfer window last season. But then, oh, we didn't get the results so he back-tracked pdq.

ileks

Part of the furniture
I was an Arsenal fan up until I was about 9 or 10. Then one day I was naughty and so my uncle took me over the Orient. I've still got a soft spot for Arsenal, although I've only ever been to a few games.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Agreed to sign Felipe Luis, seems expensive but he was one of the best in Europe last season. As good as Azpi was at left back, a left footer should give us more balance and help hazard with overlaps.

Corran

Part of the furniture

Same, been a fan of them since the mid 80's (before that i was to young to care about anything!). Basically most my family were already Utd fans and I ended up following suit.
Although I do have better memories of the 90 as dont remember much of my early years. From the time he joined Andrei Kanchelskis was one of my fave footballers in the world :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom