Football The 2014/2015 Season Thread

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Embattle

FH is my second home
Indeed the current one isn't ideal but one can't help but think slightly dubious thoughts when you consider who one of the main beneficiaries will be...PSG.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Yes it is both, also the way some Newcastle fans treated Alan Pardew.
Like many other clubs supporters would have done anything differently. His time was up at Newcastle, and don't forget, he left us for a bigger wage packet (even if he was hounded out :whistle:).

Embattle

FH is my second home
Seems Raheem Sterling is going to tell Liverpool he wants to leave, not totally sure it is a good move and that is even if Liverpool even decide to sell him.

MrBic

Part of the furniture
They should prolly cash in on sterling imo.. Better to let Ibe play more and use some sterling cash for a real striker!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They should prolly cash in on sterling imo.. Better to let Ibe play more and use some sterling cash for a real striker!
Nah. We should be done being a selling club. We should tell him that he can go at the end of next season and not before.

Then we should stick our neck out and buy a couple of decent strikers - beyond our current means for this season.

Anything less and we're destined to become Newcastle :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Players of Sterling's quality want success though...not something he will ever get at Liverpool.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Players of Sterling's quality want success though...not something he will ever get at Liverpool.
Think it's a bit rich to say it's not something he'll ever get.

But either way, tough titties. He owes us. I'd do what most football clubs (apart from the richest) never seem to do - tell him he's not going and tough shit if he doesn't like it.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I think Sterlings half decent, however I don't think he is ever going to be the player a lot of people think he is. Still to much huff and puff before any real end product, clubs that defend deep nullify him to easily.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think Sterlings half decent, however I don't think he is ever going to be the player a lot of people think he is. Still to much huff and puff before any real end product, clubs that defend deep nullify him to easily.
I think he'll definitely improve, but he's a winger, not a striker. If whoever gets him can keep him running at defenders he'll be a bonus to their side.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Think it's a bit rich to say it's not something he'll ever get.

But either way, tough titties. He owes us. I'd do what most football clubs (apart from the richest) never seem to do - tell him he's not going and tough shit if he doesn't like it.
He isnt a gerrard. Owing you or not he wants more success than pool can offer him atm.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Owing you or not he wants more success than pool can offer him atm.
So? Tough titties for the little bitch IMO.

To be fair, if we can get squillions for him, I won't cry if we flog him (and I don't think many supporters will). But if derisory offers come in then I think the club would be better served by turning them down and letting him buy himself out next summer...

Turamber

Part of the furniture
So? Tough titties for the little bitch IMO.

To be fair, if we can get squillions for him, I won't cry if we flog him (and I don't think many supporters will). But if derisory offers come in then I think the club would be better served by turning them down and letting him buy himself out next summer...

I think what Carragher said was on the money (which is a rarity!). He could have helped his team get to an FA Cup final and compete for some silverware but was distinctly average against the Villa. They don't give out silverware for just turning up and putting boots on.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I was just looking at the 2012 GB Olympic team, boy was that brushed under the carpet, beaten by South Korea and came 5th behind Japan!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Was under 23s or something with two or three ringers. And we had to have people from all five nations. So not really representative of englands team. Although on our day we could still lose to south korea and come fith behind japan. Lol

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I don't think they *had to* have people from each Home Nation (five, btw?), I think they could pick them if they wanted.

edit: from the wiki: None of the Great Britain men's football squad came from Scotland or Northern Ireland.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
How can fat roided luck swing players earn that much? Possibly the dullest sport

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
This sunday Arsenal drops the ball and loses 3-0 at home to West Brom. United bum fuck Hull over 7-1 away and take 3rd place. Wenger is sacked for being French. Dame N'Doye won't accept playing in the Championship with Hull and goes back to Copenhagen, where he will score combined 35+ goals alongside with Bendtner who has also joined the Copenhagen side and take them to the Champions League final 16, where they will be knocked out on a bad offside call against PSG. Drogba will die of old age during the summer vacation. The autopsy reveals he is 76 years old. No one besides Chelsea fans will care. Chelsea, now lacking a striker, decides to get another old fuck and throws £50 mil at PSG in order to get Zlatan. Chelsea are now unstoppable and cruise to win the league again next year, with Zlatan as the league top scorer, Cesc having assisted almost two thirds of his goals. United finish second, City third and surprisingly Southampton have been able to keep up their good form from previous seasons and end up fourth, one point ahead of Arsenal who have been having a hard time throughout the season with Carlo Ancelotti at the rudder.

In Spain things are the usual, with Real and Barca battling for first place. Ronaldo and Messi are neck and neck on all parameters, but in the end Barcelona comes out as victors in the end. Valencia takes a surprising third place after their team has matured from the 2014/15 season. Ronaldo wins Balon d'Or and is top scorer of lel league. Real Madrid, having sacked Ancelotti, now hired Jürgen Klopp on a three year contract, with Zinedine Zidane as his assistant manager, effectively putting him in line to take over in three year's time.

Germany has a major shift in form of power. Bayern are unable to find their usual systematic way of playing and are struggling to keep up with Leverkusen and Wolfsburg for the first part of the season, but around Christmas they start to pick up and it becomes a three way battle for the leading position, which switches almost every weekend. In the end Bayern wins the league after a close race.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Either way sunderland fans are happy cause its steve bruce who they hate too. Lol

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
This sunday Arsenal drops the ball and loses 3-0 at home to West Brom. United bum fuck Hull over 7-1 away and take 3rd place. Wenger is sacked for being French. Dame N'Doye won't accept playing in the Championship with Hull and goes back to Copenhagen, where he will score combined 35+ goals alongside with Bendtner who has also joined the Copenhagen side and take them to the Champions League final 16, where they will be knocked out on a bad offside call against PSG. Drogba will die of old age during the summer vacation. The autopsy reveals he is 76 years old. No one besides Chelsea fans will care. Chelsea, now lacking a striker, decides to get another old fuck and throws £50 mil at PSG in order to get Zlatan. Chelsea are now unstoppable and cruise to win the league again next year, with Zlatan as the league top scorer, Cesc having assisted almost two thirds of his goals. United finish second, City third and surprisingly Southampton have been able to keep up their good form from previous seasons and end up fourth, one point ahead of Arsenal who have been having a hard time throughout the season with Carlo Ancelotti at the rudder.

In Spain things are the usual, with Real and Barca battling for first place. Ronaldo and Messi are neck and neck on all parameters, but in the end Barcelona comes out as victors in the end. Valencia takes a surprising third place after their team has matured from the 2014/15 season. Ronaldo wins Balon d'Or and is top scorer of lel league. Real Madrid, having sacked Ancelotti, now hired Jürgen Klopp on a three year contract, with Zinedine Zidane as his assistant manager, effectively putting him in line to take over in three year's time.

Germany has a major shift in form of power. Bayern are unable to find their usual systematic way of playing and are struggling to keep up with Leverkusen and Wolfsburg for the first part of the season, but around Christmas they start to pick up and it becomes a three way battle for the leading position, which switches almost every weekend. In the end Bayern wins the league after a close race.
Ok thats next year done. So you gonna beat vae at fantasy football too?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I want Hull to stay up but it's because I like Hull rather than dislike Newcastle. Newcastle (and Ashley in particular) really deserve the drop though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom