Football The 2014/2015 Season Thread

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Dirty bastard Ivan no intent to go for the ball at all. Second time on same player. I'm enjoying the competitive side of the game but would have prefered an early goal to open things up.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Problem with Arsenal is that they have the money, but refuse to spend it on quality. Wenger has this dream of a team with an average age of just-hit-puberty winning the league. It just won't happen

On the other hand you need to make the right purchases and not just dosh out dough left and right and hope for the best(United and Liverpool). Sanchez has been an incredible contribution to their team and Özil is starting to get in gear as well. If Arsenal manages to keep Ramsey and Wheelchair injury free and they buy a few more quality players, I can see them winning the league next year. Finishing second though, their best result since '04?

Lethul

FH is my second home
You think Özil is starting to get in gear?
He must be the single most frustrating player to have on your team, when he pulls something off it is nice but if he fails he just looks like he is not even trying. Hell I am not an Arsenal supporter and I got pissed at Özil at least a dozen times yesterday.

CorNokZ

You think Özil is starting to get in gear?
He must be the single most frustrating player to have on your team, when he pulls something off it is nice but if he fails he just looks like he is not even trying. Hell I am not an Arsenal supporter and I got pissed at Özil at least a dozen times yesterday.
4 goals and 5 assists in 16 appearances. Not overwhelming, but every second game he plays he either scores or is involved in a goal. I think that is decent. He might not be a work horse, but I don't think he was ever intended as that

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Aye but they are on for 2nd and on for winning the FA cup (and favorites I would say) so I would say he has done pretty well with what he has spent. A little bit more spending before next season and a few shipped out and they could do even better. With the money from TV rights I think they are in a great position to improve the squad while only spending a small net amount.

Last edited:

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Problem with Arsenal is that they have the money, but refuse to spend it on quality.

Money in the bank != cashflow

Assuming you want to convince other players to join your club and not the privately-backed ones, we're talking upwards of GBP 200k a week excluding bonuses which as a %, is a lot when your organisation lives off what it earns.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Agreed, gives the ball away far too often when under any pressure.

CorNokZ

Rumour has it that Real and Atletico Madrid will receive the same penalty Barca did, and not be able to purchase any players in the upcoming summer or winter transfer windows

Top kek m8s! Valencia for 2nd place!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
If history has shown us anything, it is, quite rightly, that no-one cares what Liverpool fans think.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I've never seen such an apathetic race for CL (or 5th, let's be honest) than the one between us, Saints and Lollerpool. I thought we'd royally fucked it up, drawing against Burnley and losing to Villa, but somehow we're still in the mix.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Chelsea being just to lax, again like most teams up top they don't seem to give enough respect to the teams down the bottom at this time of the season.

Drogba really isn't good enough any more sadly.

CorNokZ

Come on Schmeichel, you young cunt! Show them Chelsea bastards!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He does sort of have a point, everyone had written them off (but rightly so, nobody could have seen the turn around)

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Sadly because of time difference (and sucky internet) I can no longer enjoy the premier league games but from results the last few weeks it looks like Liverpool isn't even trying.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Sadly because of time difference (and sucky internet) I can no longer enjoy the premier league games but from results the last few weeks it looks like Liverpool isn't even trying.

You arent missing anything :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom