Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
He is no better than Spearing, but I imagine he will create a lot of chances for Carroll due to his set pieces ;/

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Now you are just trolling :)

How so? he shined in a very poor team last season.. he will not add much at all to our squad..

Plus it means we are probably going to be selling Meiereles... :|

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Yeah, the same competition that Aston Villa failed to get past the second qualifying round in 08/09 then the play-off round in 09/10?

We had a good go at it, for the most part, the first season we qualified for it -- after that it was an outing for 90% of the reserve team. It is the league cup of Europe but without the big names in the competition.

You have to get to the semi to break even and the final to make a profit. Useless competition and not worth breaking a sweat over.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
We had a good go at it, for the most part, the first season we qualified for it -- after that it was an outing for 90% of the reserve team. It is the league cup of Europe but without the big names in the competition.

You have to get to the semi to break even and the final to make a profit. Useless competition and not worth breaking a sweat over.

Sorry mate, that is the usual bull that people spout about the Europa League and it simple isn't true. The main spend for a club is wages, those wages pretty much stay the same for a team in EL or not in EL, there is a rise player for bonuses etc but at nothing like the level for playing in the CL. So, outgoings don't substanially rise, however every extra home game is pure income especially if you have loyal fans that actually turn up and help fill the ground. Ontop of that you have the EL win and qualification bonuses, TV revenue that whilst poor compared to CL levels is still a healthy injection of revenue. Winning the EL can potentially be worth £30 million of extra income (all streams taken into account) for a medium sized club with a stadium around 40,000, a sizeable portion of that income is going to be profit because the main expense of a club (wages) are already covered out of the existing budget.

Also not to be overlooked, EL is exposure. Exposure means increased fanbase in emerging markets such a China, those extra fans buying merchandise translates into longterm revenue growth for the club.

The EL is no CL but only foolish clubs see it as a burden, the sensible see it as an opportunity to be exploited because it is a way of ensuring continued economic growth.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
He is sometimes (rarely) good to read, but tbh even as a United fan ROM is really tiresome most of the time.

georgie

FH is my second home
As a non United fan it just comes across as Cultish to me, but there we go, I'm sure the Cardiff City forums are just as bad.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Tottenham captain Ledley King has given the club a major boost by returning for the start of pre-season training this week after missing the end of the last campaign because of a groin problem.

Well thats the first two or games of the season covered for Tottenham!!!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
He is sometimes (rarely) good to read, but tbh even as a United fan ROM is really tiresome most of the time.

He is just giving Scousers the needle, nowt wrong with that. ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Wes Brown is off to Sunderland it seems, he's been a good servant for us, but the twins will give him no chance to get a game.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Its fucking horrible, but why is it going to cause "major issues"?

I can see a few complaints about visibility from his team mates. I thought the current trend was to make keepers as visible as possible, not hide them!

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Well, that Argentina - Colombia game was a bit shit.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Another picture of Evertons new goalie kit

EVERTON_KEEPER_KIT.jpg

Influenza

Part of the furniture
O-shea having a medical at safc today , he will be great signing if he joins.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
O-shea having a medical at safc today , he will be great signing if he joins.

Very underrated player, if he gets regular starting 11 football you will see him reach his best, for what you paid he will be a bargain.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Very underrated player, if he gets regular starting 11 football you will see him reach his best, for what you paid he will be a bargain.

Indeed, Versatile, gives his all and is pretty consistant in his performances.
Wondered if the deal would go through as his wife has recently given birth iirc, but it be good for him.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Indeed, Versatile, gives his all and is pretty consistant in his performances.
Wondered if the deal would go through as his wife has recently given birth iirc, but it be good for him.

Will never forget the game where he nutmegged Figo, classic. :)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I'll never forget that chip against Arsenal. He turns around and almost does the Cantona pose, but whereas Cantona stood there with his hand on his hips soaking up the adulation, Josh seems to be thinking "......did I do that?"

A great lad and a true servant to the club.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I'll never forget that chip against Arsenal. He turns around and almost does the Cantona pose, but whereas Cantona stood there with his hand on his hips soaking up the adulation, Josh seems to be thinking "......did I do that?"

A great lad and a true servant to the club.

Yep, sad to be losing him but he deserves a few years of constant football to really show what he can do.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's a shame; always had to defend him against the haters from other clubs. Scored loads of importan goals and never moaned about the random positions he was played in. Cho is right though, the guy deserves regular football as does wes brown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom