Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Downing was our best player last season and has improved a lot since his Boro days. If Henderson is worth £20m then Downing should at least be worth the same. Can't say I agree with the club wanting to cash in on him but then again I can see Stuart's point, we have a shit manager and a chairman who doesn't want to invest in the club.

Still going to Liverpool, who aren't in any of the European competitions and will be struggling to be in any of them next season, isn't much of a step up at this moment in time.

Lethul

FH is my second home

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I could only find one other source supporting 16million, and that was the daily fail. All the other papers still had 20mill, even in stories a good week after the transfer. It might be 16mill now and raising to 20million. We'll only find out for sure once some financials are released. What matters is Villa's valuation of Downing vs Henderson and their view of what Liverpool paid for the former.

Lethul

FH is my second home
I could only find one other source supporting 16million, and that was the daily fail. All the other papers still had 20mill, even in stories a good week after the transfer. It might be 16mill now and raising to 20million. We'll only find out for sure once some financials are released. What matters is Villa's valuation of Downing vs Henderson and their view of what Liverpool paid for the former.

"OliverKayTimes Oliver Kay
Sunderland saying £19.25m. #LFC saying £16m. Must be £16m with £3.25m add-ons. Ngog in talks with #SAFC over separate deal"

Seems so! Twitter is always correct ;)

Lethul

FH is my second home
"OliverKayTimes Oliver Kay
Sunderland saying £19.25m. #LFC saying £16m. Must be £16m with £3.25m add-ons. Ngog in talks with #SAFC over separate deal"

Seems so! Twitter is always correct ;)

Comolli has said that the numbers quoted in the press are incorrect tho, but then again who knows :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'd trust Comolli about as much as I'd trust Gerrard to behave in a room full of DJ's.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Fucking hell @ Everton's new goal keeper kit. That is going to cause major issues, what a bunch of muppets.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Fucking hell @ Everton's new goal keeper kit. That is going to cause major issues, what a bunch of muppets.

There should be a rule about posting like this and not providing pic/or link!

Sydrik

Resident Freddy

everton-2012-goalkeeper-kit.jpg

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Its fucking horrible, but why is it going to cause "major issues"?

Lethul

FH is my second home
Adam will be Liverpool player within 48 hours, as usual! :p

Turamber

Part of the furniture
. What matters is Villa's valuation of Downing vs Henderson and their view of what Liverpool paid for the former.

Not to mention £35m for a shit, injured donkey with a ponytail.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter

sums up both sides of the argument really doesnt it.

2 free transfers signed, is actually £4 million given to agents. jesus.....

i cant fault the signings weve made so far, if we get Erdinc for 7 mill as well thats another good one.

What irks most NUFC fans though, is precisely what they article mentions, people shouldnt make promises if they have no intention of following them through, its bound to piss people off, especially football fans, who arent exactly the most rational people on the planet when it comes to the subject of their team.

undersoil heating, youth development etc are laudable intentions, as long as we also have enough quality in the team to keep us in the prem while the youth is developed.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I like the Everton one, the England shirt is probably the worst in the last 3 decades though.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Downing was our best player last season and has improved a lot since his Boro days. If Henderson is worth £20m then Downing should at least be worth the same. Can't say I agree with the club wanting to cash in on him but then again I can see Stuart's point, we have a shit manager and a chairman who doesn't want to invest in the club.

Still going to Liverpool, who aren't in any of the European competitions and will be struggling to be in any of them next season, isn't much of a step up at this moment in time.

Eh? If Downing was 20/21/22 and had the same level of ability, he would be worth 20m yeah, but he is about to turn 27..

We will be back in Europa at least next year, if we keep sniffing around these shit players then we won't get back in the top 4 for many years.

Be funny if Aston Villa lose Downing too though, can easily see them going down.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
He should drag his arse back to United and play for free or near as damnit until he proves his fitness.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Eh? If Downing was 20/21/22 and had the same level of ability, he would be worth 20m yeah, but he is about to turn 27..

We will be back in Europa at least next year, if we keep sniffing around these shit players then we won't get back in the top 4 for many years.

Be funny if Aston Villa lose Downing too though, can easily see them going down.

Nice attempt at a wind-up but I fully expect us to go down this season anyway. Downing was £12m from a relegated team when he had a broken foot. £15m is a derisory offer and you can stick it where you keep your stolen hubcaps.

The Europa league?! lmao, shit third rate competition. How the mighty Liverpool are fallen!

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, the same competition that Aston Villa failed to get past the second qualifying round in 08/09 then the play-off round in 09/10?

Your exact words were "Liverpool, who aren't in any of the European competitions and will be struggling to be in any of them next season, isn't much of a step up at this moment in time."

Europa League is a European competition, sorry.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
frankly i thought Downing was overpriced at £12 million, wasnt that the same season Thierry Henry was sold for £16 million?

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Within at least! But was a lot less :p

You are joking... right?

How is a Rangers reject and an England reject going to help us at all? eh

Also talking about a combined fee of about 25-30m.. honestly..

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
If Rio, Giggs, Tevez and Terry Had Phones Tapped…

Kenny Dalglish

“Alex here from Aston Villa. Just wanted to say I’m not happy about your new offer for Downing. You originally offered £15m and we rejected it, now your offer £20m plus Joe Cole. What’s all that about? The first offer was better. £18m with no Joe Cole and you’ve got yourself a deal.”

Lethul

FH is my second home
You are joking... right?

No.
Lets hope he surprises us!

"2 liverpool players will be making the switch to blackpool for charlie adam." from Sky. Cross your fingers for Konchesky and Poulsen! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom