Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
this is the crux of the matter. Maybe Rio shouldn't be automatic first choice any more but ceryainly warrants at the very least a place on the bench. Ch3tan says about not bringing along passengers, but how can you call a centre back who was amongst the top 5 in the world just a couple of years a go a passenger? it was not long ago that Rio was a world class defender, something that lescott and jagielka (despite both being good players, I think lescott in particular had a good year) will never be.

Good points and as I said before, statisically one of the top 4 English defenders this season but more importantly playing football at the very top and challenging for those trophies. Been there and done it is a big asset to have in tournament football.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Maldini did it in one of the slowest leagues in the world yeah :D

You really are fucking stupid sometimes. He played CL football almost every season and won it when he was older than Rio. Do yourself a favour and think before you make your next post.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
In my FM game, Pep quit Barca just like he did in real life.... his replacement? Wenger, who stepped down as Arse manager.

Brilliant.

Should have happened IRL too, that job was made for him.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Tbf Rio was never going to play every game, that's just his overall condition not allowing him to play every 4-5 days or whatever the frequency is. But seriously is Martin Kelly going to be in contention? Is he fuck, it'll be JT with Jagielka, Lescott or whoever.

Roy has made some pretty calamitous moves before a ball's even been kicked.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
You really are fucking stupid sometimes. He played CL football almost every season and won it when he was older than Rio. Do yourself a favour and think before you make your next post.
Do you think he would have been able to play 20~ games a season for Man Utd from the age of 35 until he was 40 years old? there's no way.. the amount of goals which would have been conceded at his expense would have been absolutely disgraceful.. There is a reason why there are quite a lot more older players playing for the big teams in serie a..

He also retired from international football in 2002 when he was 33/34.. he probably knew he would just hamper the team quite a bit from then on..

I love your aggression tone :D you need to chill out :ROFLMAO:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
You are asking me a hypothetical question about Rio's career should he have one from 35 to 40.?? Fucking lol, I have heard it all now.

Maldini retired to extend his club career and it paid off as he won a couple of Champions League's following that and also appeared in another final. So he retired in 2002 at international level but played at the VERY highest levels of the game for another 7 years and was mighty successful too I might add. His game was about positional awareness, he lost what little pace he had in his late 20's but was still considered to be the best defender in the world until his mid 30's. Or are you telling me that Champions League isn't a real test?

Ok, Maldini covered. Now Rio.

His stats for this season are excellent, he played in 42 matches and United only lost a handful of those games, fault for two of those losses lay directly with De Gea and two with Evans. Rio was solid all season and rarely put a foot wrong, the same cannot be said for the 6 players now picked ahead of him and the stats back it up. He has easily been in the top 4 English defenders this season, the numbers do not lie.

I am sure you will keep coming back with waffle though, the nonsense is rapidly reaching Dorimor levels.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
"When they won the Champions League I told myself, 'Why not Chelsea?'," said Hazard.
"There was a struggle between Chelsea and [Manchester] United but, for me, Chelsea has the best project. It's a wonderful club."
Chelsea are reportedly paying £32m to sign the talented youngster, who added on French radio station RMC: "The [Chelsea] team is young and I have a better chance to play there.
"If I play well enough at Chelsea, I could win my place in the starting team."

Hazard^ . So what he really means is, Roman made some assurances that the new manager will be forced to play me, and paid me and my agent a lot more money than United were pre-pared to.

In addition to our boy Joey C doing us a favour too :D

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7795526/Hazard-swayed-by-Cole

Vladamir

FH is my second home
556647_376435405748714_2048110904_n.jpg

gohan

I am a FH squatter
Finished Eight? what kind of cunty shit English is that?

also still managed.... surely?? or just manage

fuck me when I'm correcting the English you know it's bad

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Hah - I just copy pasta'd it from the facebook 'soccer memes' group, it's full of fucking awful spelling and grammar at times from United's Asian fanbase :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Anyone know much about Kagawa? Have seen a few vids and he looks decent, very quick feet but how is all-round game?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Kagawa is pretty good. Gotze is miles better though.

You might be right but didn't Kagawa step into his spot when Gotze was injured and outscore him? Gotze will cost at least twice as much too, again we might have got someone who is not quite top tier yet but Tony Valencia was in the same bracket and yet he has done an incredible job for us. Fingers crossed that Kagawa is a good fit for our squad and settles in.

gohan

I am a FH squatter
should have just gone for big names

Giggs, Beckham and Owen tbh

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Surely it would make sense to pick the team with what's available then see what weaknesses there are and pick the 3 based on that

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
should have just gone for big names

Giggs, Beckham and Owen tbh

Owen can't stay fit sad to say, Giggs and Becks have played lots though and I would love to see us play with real depth on the wings.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
You know....looking at this:
portugal.jpg

Is it just me or are Portugal a much stronger team than I thought?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
You know....looking at this:
portugal.jpg

Is it just me or are Portugal a much stronger team than I thought?

If they ever perform to thier maximum at a tournament with that side they will batter everyone bar Spain.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
they rarely do though, couldnt even win their qualifying group! :p

Yep, consistency has always been thier biggest issue. One thing though, Ronaldo on form will butcher most defences, Nani blitzing the right wing at pace will butcher most defences. If they can get thier attacking game going I would lay money on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom