Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Keitanz said:
It's a total joke how Heskey didn't get picked over Rooney for Euro2012...:mad:

Here is a really nice picture to show what a great goalscorer Heskey was for his country!

Yawn. And there I thought we could avoid the pointless shit you normally post.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I was going to pick up on the Glen Johnson - Pacheco negrito thing but realised the forum's resident OCD sufferer had already done so with considerably less style.

I do hope that Star front page is a wind-up tho.

Edit: No :(

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
But... but... that resident OCD sufferer is your most prolific partner in FH 'pool supporterdom! :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
Someone will get fired he pays a lot of money to find out how much he needs to bid to win these things. So one must of sold him bad information!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Someone will get fired he pays a lot of money to find out how much he needs to bid to win these things. So one must of sold him bad information!

He pays his former KGB friends for inside information? :D

eksdee

FH is my second home
I think it would have been cool to have a stadium there, but I'm more than happy to be staying at the Bridge. :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1088632/sol-campbell-questions-rio-ferdinand's-england-snub?cc=5739

Campbell and Ince have now pitched in.

Sol Campbell
“What we can say for sure is that this entire situation goes back to what did or did not happen between John Terry and Anton Ferdinand last season. That is the only logical conclusion that can be drawn and I for one never bought the argument that Rio had been left out of the original squad for “footballing reasons”. In fairness to Hodgson, he was put in a difficult situation, and we don’t know what pressures he may have been under, but his reasons for picking who he did simply made no sense – Rio had played great for Manchester United at the back-end of the season and was a key reason why they finished second in the Premier League and missed out on the title on goal difference alone. He is clearly in top shape and in top form and deserved his England place as much as anyone else.”

Robbie Fowler
“There’s not a chance Rio Ferdinand was left out of the England squad for “footballing reasons”. Not a chance. The public knows that too. The reason is Rio’s brother, Anton, was allegedly racially abused by John Terry. I’ve read that Ferdinand got in touch with Hodgson shortly after he was appointed as manager to say he was willing to play in the same England team as Terry. Rio was then overlooked for the Euro 2012 23-man squad for what was described as ‘purely a footballing decision’ by Hodgson. It’s the choice by Hodgson to replace the injured Chelsea centre-half Gary Cahill with Martin Kelly that has really caused the backlash now. Rio is a fantastic player who reads the game brilliantly. He started 30 Premier League games for Manchester United last season and nearly won the league. Footballing reasons?”

Rafael Van der Vaart
“It surprised me because I think he’s still one of the best defenders in England, and maybe in the world. Of course, he’s a little bit older now, but he’s still fit and fresh and he played for Manchester United.”

Harry Redknapp
“I think it’s a difficult decision for him. There’s obviously more to it. If it’s just football, it’s difficult to leave Rio out, obviously, because he’s a fantastic player still. But that’s the decision that’s been made.”
Jason Roberts
“If you are going on ability then Rio Ferdinand not only makes it into the England squad, he makes it into the team. I think everybody in the game knows that. I know that a manager has to live and die by a decision he makes, but to tell us that Rio has not made it into the squad that is travelling to Euro 2012 for footballing reasons is really insulting people’s intelligence. If his brother Anton had not found himself at odds with John Terry, would Rio have been going?”

Last edited:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I can understand the families of some of England’s black players giving the Euros a swerve because of the fear of racism in Ukraine and Poland, but couldn’t they just stay in a different hotel from John Terry?

:D :D :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
I still maintain if John Terry had an ounce of class about him he would of stepped down from the England squad so they were not forced into making choices like this.

Terry has to say while the charges are still outstanding I will step down from the England squad he does not admit anything and it does not hurt him. If the FA drop him they are saying they think he is guilty. And now if the team goes crashing out through defensive errors and then Terry is found guilty the FA will look like idiots. Only John Terry wins by him playing. And also why the fuck has Terry not been in court yet, the Muamba tweet guy seemed like he was in court double fast this Terry thing has been dragging and dragging. If they wanted to wait for the season to be over have the court case last week don't put it off until after the Euros.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
9 month delay because CFC and the FA requested it. Fucking bullshit. If it was you or I we would have been before the magistrate court within 3 months.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Frankly this whole shit stirring over Rio being dropped by the media is boring. Perhaps Roy should just come out and bluntly say he doesn't want Rio because he's not as good, he's too fucking old and crooked and barely helped England qualify.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Yep, if he was there they'd just blame any failings on the speculated tension between the two.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Frankly this whole shit stirring over Rio being dropped by the media is boring. Perhaps Roy should just come out and bluntly say he doesn't want Rio because he's not as good, he's too fucking old and crooked and barely helped England qualify.

Unfortunately he can't come out and say that because i. he's still better than Kelly, ii. his age is immaterial because of point i., iii. he played more games than Kelly last season, is fit and would only be there as cover for Lescott anyway, and iv. qualifying contribution has nothing to do with tournament performance.

Hodgson has backed himself into a corner by saying something that even the most inept football commentator could drive a coach and horses through. "Footballing reasons" is true in a way, but in a politician weasel words half-truth kind of way. The "footballing reason" is that he doesn't trust his professional players not to do something damaging on the pitch, but of course that's the one thing he can't say.

(Personally I'd have dropped Terry and taken Rio along anyway, on form that would be the correct "footballing" decision).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Still, its nice to see Roy made it easy for the media to try and take the players mind off the football.

As predicted they would.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Thoughts after watching Hart interview on BBC

1. Seems pretty intelligent.

2. Fuck....he's built isn't he?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Lol who is this Ricardo Bernard guy? He loves Denmark even more than I do! "Denmark plays beautiful football" haha :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There really needs to be some action taken this is getting out of hand. And I don't mean Platini telling them that if they walk off for being abused they will get booked.

Rubbish. It's not "getting out of hand" - it's what the human beings in those countries think of black people. England was like this not so long ago.

It's normal for an up-and-coming country to experience this. The media coverage is part of the social engineering effort to change people's hearts and minds over the colour of people's skin. It's being bigged up in England as part of the ongoing effort to teach us that racism is wrong - a message that will be continually pumped into us - and it's drawing attention over there.

Sport has long been a tool of social change. It's not "out of hand" tho - it's normal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom